Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Bury


gonzo
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It will make a lot of people happy if Bury play football at Gigg Lane again, especially at a half-reasonable level.

And as a football fan I'll be happy too, but I'm not happy for me, I'd be happy for them.

 

Why would you be happy for them? They hate our guts and would have happily seen BWFC   go bust & disappear forever. Fuck ‘em.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Why would you be happy for them? They hate our guts and would have happily seen BWFC   go bust & disappear forever. Fuck ‘em.

Its only my feeling, each to their own.  If you go to a game anywhere there will be a percent of knobheads that none of us would give the time of day to, and the rest are normal folk that could be your friend and neighbour or work colleague, if football rivalries wasn't a thing.  So I'm happy for normal folk that just happen to be obsessed with football like most of us on here, if they get their club back, whether its Bury or Darlington or Macc.  Keyboard warriors,  I've no interest in them 1 way or the other, if they weren't abusing people for supporting BWFC, or Man U, or Wigan they'd find some other reason to dish out abuse.  Irrelevant people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
On 14/01/2021 at 20:15, Johnnyrotten said:

It will make a lot of people happy if Bury play football at Gigg Lane again, especially at a half-reasonable level.

And as a football fan I'll be happy too, but I'm not happy for me, I'd be happy for them.

Nobody has to agree.

Isn’t the fact that most folk from Bury pledge their allegiances to local big clubs? Ten plus years ago it’d be predominantly United. These days it’s City. Tell me about the locals wanting football back at Gigg Lane.

They fall just above Wigan in my opinion of small-minded local haters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never like Bury growing up and still don’t now. Hard not to feel for them winding up as we were so close. 
 

Happy for them to come back as our whipping boys happy to never see them again to be honest. Win win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/01/2021 at 09:13, MickyD said:

Isn’t the fact that most folk from Bury pledge their allegiances to local big clubs? Ten plus years ago it’d be predominantly United. These days it’s City. Tell me about the locals wanting football back at Gigg Lane.

They fall just above Wigan in my opinion of small-minded local haters.

Despite living all my life in the town i've only really known 3 Bury 'fans'. One is a Citeh fan mainly (goes home and away) but used to go Gigg as a kid as he lived round the corner. One is more interested in Rangers and the sectarian bollox that goes with it. The other is the strange bloke who lived next door to my mum and dad in his 50's now and never moved out from his parents house.

The simple fact is that not enough people give a shit to keep a league club afloat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

Despite living all my life in the town i've only really known 3 Bury 'fans'. One is a Citeh fan mainly (goes home and away) but used to go Gigg as a kid as he lived round the corner. One is more interested in Rangers and the sectarian bollox that goes with it. The other is the strange bloke who lived next door to my mum and dad in his 50's now and never moved out from his parents house.

The simple fact is that not enough people give a shit to keep a league club afloat.

Bang on.  I lived in Bury for a short while and worked in the town over 25 years. In that time I could count the number of Bury fans I met on one hand.  When they got chucked out of the EFL, my Facebook was full of former colleagues wailing at how unfair it was.  These were people who were born and bred in Bury yet chose to 'support' Utd from their arm chairs rather than get their arses down to Gigg Lane.

Despite their antipathy towards us, I had a lot of sympathy for them when they were expelled.  That soon disappeared when I read of them moaning to the national press that somehow, we'd been treated favourably compared to them.  Our take over went through.  Dale still hasnt sold Bury. The EFL made the correct decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Bang on.  I lived in Bury for a short while and worked in the town over 25 years. In that time I could count the number of Bury fans I met on one hand.  When they got chucked out of the EFL, my Facebook was full of former colleagues wailing at how unfair it was.  These were people who were born and bred in Bury yet chose to 'support' Utd from their arm chairs rather than get their arses down to Gigg Lane.

Despite their antipathy towards us, I had a lot of sympathy for them when they were expelled.  That soon disappeared when I read of them moaning to the national press that somehow, we'd been treated favourably compared to them.  Our take over went through.  Dale still hasnt sold Bury. The EFL made the correct decision. 

Unfair imo how many towns up & down the country have armchair United/Liverpool fans us included shitloads

Location wise they’re never going to get the numbers we struggle with the bigger clubs around so even harder for them and dale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Unfair imo how many towns up & down the country have armchair United/Liverpool fans us included shitloads

Location wise they’re never going to get the numbers we struggle with the bigger clubs around so even harder for them and dale

Not a criticism of Bury per se.  More of those needy wankers that wake up one day and decide to become a Utd or Liverpool fan despite having no connection to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Not a criticism of Bury per se.  More of those needy wankers that wake up one day and decide to become a Utd or Liverpool fan despite having no connection to them.

There are 2 types of "big club" fans from other towns.  The Sky TV one's that never go near a ground, and those that may have been taken to a game at OT or Anfield and fell in love with it, like I did with Burnden when I had been to just as many games at many other local league grounds upto the age of 15/16.  If they love the matchday experience of supporting that team, whether its Chorley or Spurs (like my mate from Leyland), even if they can only get to 2 games a year, I can live with that, its genuine.  Its those that don't even know what its like to attend live games that are the loss to the game, all they are doing is feeding Sky and indirectly hastening the demise of the Bury's, Boltons and all clubs that rely on paying fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

There are two types of fans, no matter who they support 

Them that go 

Them them don't 

You can't break the second group down further 

Them that used to go or go when they can 

And them that never do 

They are all ok until you get to the final subset, those who don't go but make on they are massive fans and sneer at any of the above types like they are somehow better, because the team they have randomly chosen are good

Which are 90s Utd & Liverpool SKY fans

Edited by ZicoKelly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/01/2021 at 20:28, ZicoKelly said:

There are two types of fans, no matter who they support 

Them that go 

Them them don't 

You can't break the second group down further 

Them that used to go or go when they can 

And them that never do 

They are all ok until you get to the final subset, those who don't go but make on they are massive fans and sneer at any of the above types like they are somehow better, because the team they have randomly chosen are good

Which are 90s Utd & Liverpool SKY fans

Leeds ‘fans’ in places like Hull fall into this category 

They claim they don’t go because they are banned though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sounds like some ego issues there.

Very much so

there are some doubts that David Hilton is genuine in all this he’s getting very amateur on social media 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Very much so

there are some doubts that David Hilton is genuine in all this he’s getting very amateur on social media 

Bury cannot have 2 clubs, and they've got Ratcliffe borough near you. 

They probably need to amalgamate the 2 clubs going forward if they want to survive, and how many will have pissed off to Citeh since they went pop (not out of existence), but near enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Bury cannot have 2 clubs, and they've got Ratcliffe borough near you. 

They probably need to amalgamate the 2 clubs going forward if they want to survive, and how many will have pissed off to Citeh since they went pop (not out of existence), but near enough.

Bury isn’t big enough for one team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.