Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Anyone whining is a knob

Going abroad right now is a risk and if you don’t know that you shouldn’t be allowed out of the fucking house.

It kills people, this virus. Just saying.

Who Would you say is more at risk, Dave from Blackburn who is going to an island that has had no deaths or Manuel who works in the hotel that he is staying at? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Who Would you say is more at risk, Dave from Blackburn who is going to an island that has had no deaths or Manuel who works in the hotel that he is staying at? 

Everyone is at risk

Keep up

9 minutes ago, royal white said:

FCO are advising against all non essential travel to mainland Spain. Canaries and Balearics are exempt at the moment 

If my flights not cancelled I’ll be travelling as I’ve more chance of catching it here than where I’m going. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
Just now, jules_darby said:

Not by equal measure though 

It’s invisible

And Spain is seeing a spike soon after allowing tourists back in numbers.

Im just guessing that there’s a link...

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, royal white said:

Both

It’s invisible

A load of people in Melbourne caught it after sharing a lighter.

peelyfeet is probs best placed to confirm, but I’m led to believe a virus isn’t selective about the people it latches onto

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s invisible

And Spain is seeing a spike soon after allowing tourists back in numbers.

Im just guessing that there’s a link...

Correct you are

the Balearics and Canaries are excempt yet Statistically they’ve let in a higher % of tourists to residents so I’m guessing there isn’t a link

And yes it’s invisible 

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

Both

It’s invisible

A load of people in Melbourne caught it after sharing a lighter.

peelyfeet is probs best placed to confirm, but I’m led to believe a virus isn’t selective about the people it latches onto

So who would you say is more at risk, someone living in Blackburn or someone living in Ibiza. Or would you say the risk is equal? 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

So who would you say is more at risk, someone living in Blackburn or someone living in Ibiza. Or would you say the risk is equal? 

Now? Blackburn

In a few weeks? Equal.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ibiza isn’t on the list.

You have to quarantine on returning from Ibiza. But if the risk is higher from people going from hot spots in the UK to Ibiza (which you agreed to above) then Surely you would think the Spanish government would impose restrictions? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

You have to quarantine on returning from Ibiza. But if the risk is higher from people going from hot spots in the UK to Ibiza (which you agreed to above) then Surely you would think the Spanish government would impose restrictions? 

They should

but they won’t, they need the money.

Sure it was only mainland Spain on this list today but may be wrong?

Just now, Spider said:

They should

but they won’t, they need the money.

Sure it was only mainland Spain on this list today but may be wrong?

The FCO have advised against travelling out to mainland Spain, Balerics and canaries are exempt.

quarantine applies to all 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

The FCO have advised against travelling out to mainland Spain, Balerics and canaries are exempt.

quarantine applies to all 

Righto 

Either way, how bad does it need to get before any action is taken?

1 minute ago, royal white said:

God knows, just surprising that it’s our government dictating where we can and can’t go when we are one of the worst hit in the world 🤷🏻

It’s the job of our government to do exactly that surely. 

just because a country lets us in doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have precautions if it’s deemed necessary. I know this causes you issues personally from what you have planned but I can’t see how anyone can criticize them for this really. They will and evidently you are but I don’t see how 

• Site Supporter

I think the government are acutely aware that they acted slowly initially and have taken some real flak for it (rightly).

Cant really criticise them for being cautious now.

#TeamBoris

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s the job of our government to do exactly that surely. 

just because a country lets us in doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have precautions if it’s deemed necessary. I know this causes you issues personally from what you have planned but I can’t see how anyone can criticize them for this really. They will and evidently you are but I don’t see how 

I’m being more critical of other countries if anything. You would think it’s them putting in restrictions against us.

Feel sorry for anyone on holiday in Spain now thinking they were ok to start work again when they return, now potentially missing two weeks pay. Only yesterday uk government updated  their list of counties it was safe to travel too. Spain was on that list. Yet another cock up in a long list of cock ups. Well done Boris.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Feel sorry for anyone on holiday in Spain now thinking they were ok to start work again when they return, now potentially missing two weeks pay. Only yesterday uk government updated  their list of counties it was safe to travel too. Spain was on that list. Yet another cock up in a long list of cock ups. Well done Boris.

Well hang on

Ill defend him here

There has to be a decision made, and they’ve done it quickly.

He gets shit when he’s been shit, this time it’s probably a decent decision.