Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

"Profit margins are said to be..."

It would help if some concrete evidence was brought forward, not hearsay.

The awarding without tender stinks. If, and its a bif if, in these difficult times, this company actually supplied the requisite products and a fair price, then there wouldn't be an issue. 

Is there anything about that shows the products weren't supplied, or were not suitable for purpose?

9 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Thanks. Not sure what relevance Having 2 directors from the Isle of Man has? and any links to the tories are tenuous to say the least 

My missus went to school with the current leader of Edinburgh council many years ago. Does that  mean if my mate wins a contract to supply the government it’s corrupt? 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

"Profit margins are said to be..."

It would help if some concrete evidence was brought forward, not hearsay.

The awarding without tender stinks. If, and its a bif if, in these difficult times, this company actually supplied the requisite products and a fair price, then there wouldn't be an issue. 

Is there anything about that shows the products weren't supplied, or were not suitable for purpose?

Is there anything to show it has been awarded without tender? And if gratis the case what about all the other contracts that have been awarded by the government are they all coming with tenuous links to corruption or are they not newsworthy as they maybe don’t fit the storyline ? 

Guest Nordkurve
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Thanks. Not sure what relevance Having 2 directors from the Isle of Man has? and any links to the tories are tenuous to say the least 

My missus went to school with the current leader of Edinburgh council many years ago. Does that  mean if my mate wins a contract to supply the government it’s corrupt? 

If your mate wins a contract that was tendered out, you would like to think he won it on merit. If he "got" the contract because it wasn't put out to tender that is a completely different thing. 

5 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

If your mate wins a contract that was tendered out, you would like to think he won it on merit. If he "got" the contract because it wasn't put out to tender that is a completely different thing. 

And again I repeat where is the evidence that it wasn’t put out to tender? I’m not saying it was i would just like to see the basis behind the article other than a Twitter post from a krank 

Guest Nordkurve
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is there anything to show it has been awarded without tender? And if gratis the case what about all the other contracts that have been awarded by the government are they all coming with tenuous links to corruption or are they not newsworthy as they maybe don’t fit the storyline ? 

If you do some investigation, pretty much every Government contract in the last six to eight months has been given without any bidding process, and pretty much every one has been given to "companies" that are either already large Tory Party donors, or run by associates of leading Tories. That is why the Good Lawyers Project are putting all this together as the Government has a duty to actually give Contracts to the best suited Organizations. As stated by "mickbrown", the Government openly admit they gave this, and many other Contracts without any bidding process. It's easy for them to say there isn't time due to Covid, but if I urgently needed some Medical supplies I would go to a respected supplier as opposed to a Company with zero experience in this field.

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

And again I repeat where is the evidence that it wasn’t put out to tender? I’m not saying it was i would just like to see the basis behind the article other than a Twitter post from a krank 

Like I said earlier, the government said it wasn't

Guest Nordkurve
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

With an EU flag in his bio. 

Here we go. What the hell has the EU Flag got to do with anything ? The Government themselves have admitted that they have been dishing out Contracts without Tender. I could easily call a lot of people on here "Cranks" for not giving a fuck about how the Government managed to spend 12 Billion on something that doesn't work. 

Just now, Nordkurve said:

If you do some investigation, pretty much every Government contract in the last six to eight months has been given without any bidding process, and pretty much every one has been given to "companies" that are either already large Tory Party donors, or run by associates of leading Tories. That is why the Good Lawyers Project are putting all this together as the Government has a duty to actually give Contracts to the best suited Organizations. As stated by "mickbrown", the Government openly admit they gave this, and many other Contracts without any bidding process. It's easy for them to say there isn't time due to Covid, but if I urgently needed some Medical supplies I would go to a respected supplier as opposed to a Company with zero experience in this field.

Thanks. As I thought. 

given all this “hard evidence” then when the “good lawyers project” bring the requisite court action I will expect to see everybody related to this in prison. Unless you are saying the court system is corrupt in favour of tory MPs as well?

in reality nothing will happen because there is nothing to see here other than people wetting their matching  eu bedspread and pillow case sets 

3 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Here we go. What the hell has the EU Flag got to do with anything ? The Government themselves have admitted that they have been dishing out Contracts without Tender. I could easily call a lot of people on here "Cranks" for not giving a fuck about how the Government managed to spend 12 Billion on something that doesn't work. 

Hang on. So if someone posts something with a Union Jack/flag or George’s cross in it people can pull that up but if it’s an eu flag it doesn’t work they are exempt from similar criticism? Correct that’s what your saying I’m just trying to give balance to many people on here’s comments. 

and you don’t think someone , a grown man, with an EU flag in a social media bio doesn’t have a modicum of bias? I think you’re a clever guy from what ive read.  You can figure it out 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter

The government have said they didn’t tender it.

Which is a bit bollocks but you can sort of understand the need to be quick.

If the company with the contract is delivering the kit at a fair price I really don’t see the issue here.

If they are making a stupid profit and failing the supply chain, then it’s a different matter.

Cases are shooting up, I've just looked at the figures again, not going to be good this chaps, especially in Lancashire for at least a few weeks 

My advice again.

You're most likely to catch this in your own house, brought into your house by someone who’s caught it in a crowded/indoor/poorly ventilated place were there's folk not wearing masks.

Ventilation is key, good quality masks is key, avoiding busy crowded indoor places is key.

Get the windows open. Get enough quality masks, put one in the car, in your coat pocket etc. There's no chance I'm going to a pub or restaurant unless its outdoors or very well ventilated, for the foreseeable.

Guest Nordkurve
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Thanks. As I thought. 

given all this “hard evidence” then when the “good lawyers project” bring the requisite court action I will expect to see everybody related to this in prison. Unless you are saying the court system is corrupt in favour of tory MPs as well?

in reality nothing will happen because there is nothing to see here other than people wetting their matching  eu bedspread and pillow case sets 

You think just because someone is pro EU they are wetting their bedding over it. What they are actually doing is trying to hold this Government to account, and not just this Government, but other institutions that are operating outside of either moral or legal boundaries. I really don't care what you personally think about it. I do hope that the Courts will find the responsible people Guilty, but as has been shown in too many cases nobody ever gets held to account. Oh yeh, and that's why you can't have sensible discussions anymore on here, because it always ends up slanging shit about the EU. That's got fuck all to do with any of this.

Guest Nordkurve
9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Hang on. So if someone posts something with a Union Jack/flag or George’s cross in it people can pull that up but if it’s an eu flag it doesn’t work they are exempt from similar criticism? Correct that’s what your saying I’m just trying to give balance to many people on here’s comments. 

and you don’t think someone , a grown man, with an EU flag in a social media bio doesn’t have a modicum of bias? I think you’re a clever guy from what ive read.  You can figure it out 

I think you will find that most people who put Flags in their Bio don't just have an EU Flag. I see thousands with EU Flag, Union Jack, England Flag, whatever. Like I said though, this has nothing to do with whether you love or hate the EU. this is about the British Government who have a duty to tender Contracts to the most suitable Companies. Just like they didn't do when it came to Ventilators. 

Guest Nordkurve
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

The government have said they didn’t tender it.

Which is a bit bollocks but you can sort of understand the need to be quick.

If the company with the contract is delivering the kit at a fair price I really don’t see the issue here.

If they are making a stupid profit and failing the supply chain, then it’s a different matter.

The problem is that we are talking about providing Equipment needed for a Pandemic. You would go to a proven, reliable Company with experience. Remember the Turkish PPE fiasco and the money wasted there. Say you also set up a Company called Spider PPE and offered to provide exactly the same amount of Gowns as this other Company for 1 Million less. Do you really think you would have got it ? The answer of course is no, because you wouldn't have been asked in the first place. Just like all the other Companies out there that have been doing this line of work for years.