Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Nordkurve said:

I think you will find that most people who put Flags in their Bio don't just have an EU Flag. I see thousands with EU Flag, Union Jack, England Flag, whatever. Like I said though, this has nothing to do with whether you love or hate the EU. this is about the British Government who have a duty to tender Contracts to the most suitable Companies. Just like they didn't do when it came to Ventilators. 

Absolutely spot on Nord👍Standby for some bollocks about Sadiq Khan.

Guest Nordkurve
9 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

No

Are you talking about people going abroad, or people coming back to the UK from abroad ? For the people I work with in Germany who arrive from Countries on the "Quarantine" list they only have to Quarantine until they have their test result back, so basically a day if it is Negative.

5 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Are you talking about people going abroad, or people coming back to the UK from abroad ? For the people I work with in Germany who arrive from Countries on the "Quarantine" list they only have to Quarantine until they have their test result back, so basically a day if it is Negative.

I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works and they shouldn’t be doing that

6 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk

11 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I think you will find that most people who put Flags in their Bio don't just have an EU Flag. I see thousands with EU Flag, Union Jack, England Flag, whatever. Like I said though, this has nothing to do with whether you love or hate the EU. this is about the British Government who have a duty to tender Contracts to the most suitable Companies. Just like they didn't do when it came to Ventilators. 

The giy who posted that on Twitter has one. I was referring directly to him 

the same ventilators that in the main were provided free of charge by up companies? Those ventilators and that corruption? Anyway have a nice day 

Guest Nordkurve
14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

The giy who posted that on Twitter has one. I was referring directly to him 

the same ventilators that in the main were provided free of charge by up companies? Those ventilators and that corruption? Anyway have a nice day 

You have a nice day too, but I will ask you again, we are talking here about the UK Government. Just because someone has an EU Flag in their Bio does not make them biased. I don't have one in my Bio, therefore by your logic I am not biased, so being concerned about the amount of Contracts being given out to Companies owned by Tory Party Donors or their Associates is concerning. By the way, I am not some left wing bed wetting idiot either. I never voted anyone other than the Tories when I was allowed to vote, but this is without a shadow of a doubt the most useless bunch of fuckwits we have ever had Governing, and in my opinion they stink of corruption. Reference the ventilators: I was referring to JCB/Dyson who in fact didn't produce a single ventilator in the end because "they weren't needed". I would have thought it would have been a good idea to have a stockpile "just in case". Mind you, qualified people are needed to operate them of course, and they are thin on the ground.

Guest Nordkurve
4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Do you reckon its cos they are scousers?

It all makes sense now. I didn't realize that the Government are not just lining the Pockets of their buddies, but at the same time fucking up the Scousers. I feel a lot better about it now :)

Guest Nordkurve
29 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works and they shouldn’t be doing that

I'm talking about the rule in Germany, not the UK. Some of my team have to have a Covid test either within 48 Hours of coming back to work here, or within 72 Hours of arriving here. During the time they are waiting for a test result they have to isolate. as soon as they get confirmation of a negative test they can come back to work. 

5 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I'm talking about the rule in Germany, not the UK. Some of my team have to have a Covid test either within 48 Hours of coming back to work here, or within 72 Hours of arriving here. During the time they are waiting for a test result they have to isolate. as soon as they get confirmation of a negative test they can come back to work. 

The rationale here is you isolate for 14 days regardless because some people take ages to become symptomatic, so the pcr test might not pick up the virus if you have a test at the wrong time. My sons best mate tested positive from a random posted test, it took a week to get the results, he was in school in the meanwhile, he had another test, 8 days after the 1st one, tested negative, but my son still had to isolate for 14 days after his last contact. The positive  lad was back in school after a couple of days because its 10 days after  the date of a positive test here.(if you're symptom free)

19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Oh fuck off.

I've not read it, because its behind a pay wall, but don't understand the companies bit - the QR codes for the app come from the govmt. You download them yourself  you can get one for your front door if you want. Is this article on about other qr codes? The govmt qr code doesn't know who you are, so how could it be used to sell you stuff? Scanning a qr doesn't give anyone any your email address or name.

Edited by peelyfeet

Guest Nordkurve
8 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

The rationale here is you isolate for 14 days regardless because some people take ages to become symptomatic, so the pcr test might not pick up the virus if you have a test at the wrong time. My sons best mate tested positive from a random posted test, it took a week to get the results, he was in school in the meanwhile, he had another test, 8 days after the 1st one, tested negative, but my son still had to isolate for 14 days after his last contact. The positive  lad was back in school after a couple of days because its 10 days after  the date of a positive test here.(if you're symptom free)

I understand the Rationale, but it is what it is here. The numbers of people being hospitalized is lower per Capita than the UK, as are the number of deaths. It would be interesting to see how the figures panned out both ways, as in if the UK did it like Germany or if Germany did it like the UK. The only thing for sure is I have a lot more confidence in how they are handling it here.

1 minute ago, Nordkurve said:

I understand the Rationale, but it is what it is here. The numbers of people being hospitalized is lower per Capita than the UK, as are the number of deaths. It would be interesting to see how the figures panned out both ways, as in if the UK did it like Germany or if Germany did it like the UK. The only thing for sure is I have a lot more confidence in how they are handling it here.

How quick do you get the test results back over there, and how easy is it get a test. I think the problem here is, folk are being advised to only get a test after a continuous cough/temp or loss of tate/smell, so by the time you've tested and got the results back you've probably already had it for a week.

Guest Nordkurve
21 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

How quick do you get the test results back over there, and how easy is it get a test. I think the problem here is, folk are being advised to only get a test after a continuous cough/temp or loss of tate/smell, so by the time you've tested and got the results back you've probably already had it for a week.

Anyone arriving from anywhere classed as "unsafe" can get a test immediately for free at the Airport or a Doctors or Health clinic, plus some other places like major Border crossings. Anyone else who lives or works here can get a test for free even without Symptoms, as the Government and RKI are actually trying to find people who have "had" Covid who didn't realize they had it. It doesn't take any longer than a day, usually maximum 12 hours to get the result. We have a situation where some guys who live in Berlin but work in Leipzig on the 4 on/4 off shift have to have a test now every time they come back to work as berlin is classed as a high risk area at the moment, so they get tested the day before they come back and provide the Certificate. It's not exactly a good thing because if they picked it up the day before they come back it wouldn't show on that test, but, in work each crew is split now in to bubbles of people (4 or 5 five max) that never interact with the other bubbles, so different start/finish times, different break times, not working on the same Aircraft or area of the Aircraft on the larger ones etc. Masks are worn everywhere in work now if you are any closer than 1.5 meter from another person, so pretty much everywhere. All work spaces in the offices are distanced and screens set up where desks face each other even with the distancing. They just try to make it work as best as possible. Most of the Admin people are home office and most Ops meetings are done with Skype/Zoom. We had a meeting last week where the Customer rocked up with six people, so we told them to go back to their office and do it via Skype. Even here there are some Muppets who don't want  to do it right. 

1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

You have a nice day too, but I will ask you again, we are talking here about the UK Government. Just because someone has an EU Flag in their Bio does not make them biased. I don't have one in my Bio, therefore by your logic I am not biased, so being concerned about the amount of Contracts being given out to Companies owned by Tory Party Donors or their Associates is concerning. By the way, I am not some left wing bed wetting idiot either. I never voted anyone other than the Tories when I was allowed to vote, but this is without a shadow of a doubt the most useless bunch of fuckwits we have ever had Governing, and in my opinion they stink of corruption. Reference the ventilators: I was referring to JCB/Dyson who in fact didn't produce a single ventilator in the end because "they weren't needed". I would have thought it would have been a good idea to have a stockpile "just in case". Mind you, qualified people are needed to operate them of course, and they are thin on the ground.

It doesn’t. Same as someone with a Union flag in their bio doesn’t make them biased either in my opinion. But people on here have that lopsided view so I was adding it for balance as if we are going to,as a collective on here pull one person up for a certain flag it makes sense to do the same on the other side. 

Re your point about ventilators. I would say that we also need sufficient beds in the hospitals as well as trained staff. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons we are having these restrictions placed upon us to stop this specialized part of the nhs being overwhelmed. But apparently because there are only x people in Bolton royal just now it’s all bollocks and we should just crack on. I don’t watch much of the news at present as it’s all doom and gloom So I look to our resident epidemiologists on here to keep me right and advise why this is all a load of bollocks and joe blogs going down the pub with his mates without a mask  and without giving a fuck is the governments fault entirely. 

Guest Nordkurve
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It doesn’t. Same as someone with a Union flag in their bio doesn’t make them biased either in my opinion. But people on here have that lopsided view so I was adding it for balance as if we are going to,as a collective on here pull one person up for a certain flag it makes sense to do the same on the other side. 

Re your point about ventilators. I would say that we also need sufficient beds in the hospitals as well as trained staff. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons we are having these restrictions placed upon us to stop this specialized part of the nhs being overwhelmed. But apparently because there are only x people in Bolton royal just now it’s all bollocks and we should just crack on. I don’t watch much of the news at present as it’s all doom and gloom So I look to our resident epidemiologists on here to keep me right and advise why this is all a load of bollocks and joe blogs going down the pub with his mates without a mask  and without giving a fuck is the governments fault entirely. 

I get where you are coming from. It's not the Governments fault when "Joe Bloggs" goes down the pub and generally not giving a fuck, but it is their job to make sure that the consequences of doing that make it so that the first time the Moron does it will be last, but it will never happen. All this talk of 10,000 quid fines. Has anyone had one or seen any reported yet ? There are plenty of people I know personally here who have had fines for various things related to the rules here, mostly regarding travelling in the same Car as someone outside your family, but that was grey area at the time because how would that work for bin men etc doing their job versus people who have to car share to actually get to work ? going back to the Ventilators, it's the same with these Nightingale Hospitals. Didn't they pull a few down already ? Why ? We could be in deep shit soon. The other thing with them was that it seems most of them didn't actually have any dedicated staff, so if you had anyone in them you had to use the Staff from the Hospital they were transferred from. not 100% sure on that one, but seen it reported to be the case from some NHS workers. Would like that to be not true by the way.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

IThe other thing with them was that it seems most of them didn't actually have any dedicated staff, so if you had anyone in them you had to use the Staff from the Hospital they were transferred from. not 100% sure on that one, but seen it reported to be the case from some NHS workers. Would like that to be not true by the way.

Mate of mine is a dentist in Sale, he was on standby to work in the Manchester one, during the basic stuff that didn't require you to be qualified, or required little training

26 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I get where you are coming from. It's not the Governments fault when "Joe Bloggs" goes down the pub and generally not giving a fuck, but it is their job to make sure that the consequences of doing that make it so that the first time the Moron does it will be last, but it will never happen. All this talk of 10,000 quid fines. Has anyone had one or seen any reported yet ? There are plenty of people I know personally here who have had fines for various things related to the rules here, mostly regarding travelling in the same Car as someone outside your family, but that was grey area at the time because how would that work for bin men etc doing their job versus people who have to car share to actually get to work ? going back to the Ventilators, it's the same with these Nightingale Hospitals. Didn't they pull a few down already ? Why ? We could be in deep shit soon. The other thing with them was that it seems most of them didn't actually have any dedicated staff, so if you had anyone in them you had to use the Staff from the Hospital they were transferred from. not 100% sure on that one, but seen it reported to be the case from some NHS workers. Would like that to be not true by the way.

A friend of mine runs a physio outpatients in an NHS London trust. She had to send a proportion of staff to the nightingale hospital even though there were no patients in it. She was livid as it left her with fewer staff in her busy normal wards.