Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Our global company financial results have been released last month and they weren’t half as bad as the expected and are actually very good which is great for my upcoming bonus £.

Attributable in the main to CHYNA. It’s now the biggest market we have (was nowhere near last year) and our MD has commented on a video to say “it’s frankly staggering how China have recovered economically when the rest of the world is still feeling the impacts but the Chinese economy is growing exponentially”

strange isn’t it.
Just leave that there whilst we all remain locked down and people fearing for their jobs and futures. The kitchen sinks are absolutely flying. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Our global company financial results have been released last month and they weren’t half as bad as the expected and are actually very good which is great for my upcoming bonus £.

Attributable in the main to CHYNA. It’s now the biggest market we have (was nowhere near last year) and our MD has commented on a video to say “it’s frankly staggering how China have recovered economically when the rest of the world is still feeling the impacts but the Chinese economy is growing exponentially”

strange isn’t it.
Just leave that there whilst we all remain locked down and people fearing for their jobs and futures. The kitchen sinks are absolutely flying. 

They’re generally expendable.

We care too much about our citizens rather than our state.

2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

And they do the kits again, and sponsor the shirt.

And tar and feather the designer of the mustard sports bra.

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Do you know who designed it?

She doesn't post on here anymore. Watches Leigh RL now, I think.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

They’re generally expendable.

We care too much about our citizens rather than our state.

Quite.

No doubt they're still doing well, but countries are waking up to the behaviour of the state, and I see relationships with China weakening in the coming years, unless it changes its approach.

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Do you know who designed it?

I think we all do. Sadly, I think it was that design that killed Reebok as a football "brand" it really should never have seen the light of day. Even that dappy cousin fucker managed to design better on his iPad than that effort

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite.

No doubt they're still doing well, but countries are waking up to the behaviour of the state, and I see relationships with China weakening in the coming years, unless it changes its approach.

I'd expect China will change it's approach when it sees fit to and that won't be any time soon - like the US, they're that big now that simply everybody has to trade with them, like it or not. There is very little product (with the exception of foodstuffs) these days that doesn't have some sort of Chinese influence, especially if it's a technology based product  - it's sad, but Western greed has driven the situation to where it is today, so we've only got ourselves to blame ultimately.

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter

I agree with the cause Sweep, however they're now seeing the light, and stuff will change. Things like kicking hauwei out was an indication. 

Going to take a good while to change, but small acorns and all that.

This new bloc we've applied to is very interesting and there was discussion over the weekend about more strategic alliances with places like Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand with the specific aim of standing up the Chinese aggression in the region.

Could be argued that Chinese state greed will be its own undoing in the coming decades.

• Site Supporter

China have a “perfect” blend right now of communism and capitalism.

They have the advantages of both.

Itll take some real social shift in the west to turn us away from cheap goods.

• Members
2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

strange isn’t it.

Nice one pal, the tinfoil hat brigade would have a field day with that information to support their “China created Covid theory”

28 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Game’s up

The numbers are getting there, this Government will still want the numbers to be a lot lower before they budge though. We need to hope that we don't see any more of this Brazilian variant in the UK, as that'll no doubt send them into a panic. Fingers crossed we can stick the the plan they outlines the other week, and get some sense of normality back by the summer. Any "spikes" then I'd hope they can do regional lockdowns. 

We're now awaiting the kids going back to school, that'll be the acid test to see if we're on top of it or not - fuck knows why they need to go back for two weeks before Easter though, in my mind (not that I know much about it) they'd be better keeping them off until after Easter to really make sure the number is pushed down further still.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Nice one pal, the tinfoil hat brigade would have a field day with that information to support their “China created Covid theory”

I guess the only thing that doesn't really make sense is that they export around $2.5T~$3T each year, so why would they want their customers to go out of business - it doesn't make a great deal of business sense to damage your customer base does it, unless they're happy to play a really long game and ultimately buy up a load more global debt with the aim of truly trashing countries economies and exterminating their populations.

I suppose that we'll never know, but dealing with them is a necessary evil  - as I mentioned earlier in the thread, they're like the US now, they're so powerful there is absolutely no choice but to have to deal with them. Their plan is to become the dominant global superpower, and they're pretty focused in that aim and I'm sure it'll be achieved at some point in the next 50~100 years - what they do from there, who knows, but I'll most likely be dead, so I don't really care  🙂  

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Schools is the next, and final, test.

Get through that without the NHS having any issues and we’re home free.

The rest of the world seem to be struggling.

If other schools are like mine, think we're on the home straight and shouldn't see rises.  

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Might be remembering this one wrong, but I'm pretty sure Esco has been advocating that theory on here before. 

Correct. I’m still smelling a rat somewhere along with it all. Just doesn’t make sense. 

but I’m thick owd racist so I’m not really best placed to opine. 

• Members
53 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I guess the only thing that doesn't really make sense is that they export around $2.5T~$3T each year, so why would they want their customers to go out of business - it doesn't make a great deal of business sense to damage your customer base does it, unless they're happy to play a really long game and ultimately buy up a load more global debt with the aim of truly trashing countries economies and exterminating their populations.

I suppose that we'll never know, but dealing with them is a necessary evil  - as I mentioned earlier in the thread, they're like the US now, they're so powerful there is absolutely no choice but to have to deal with them. Their plan is to become the dominant global superpower, and they're pretty focused in that aim and I'm sure it'll be achieved at some point in the next 50~100 years - what they do from there, who knows, but I'll most likely be dead, so I don't really care  🙂  

No wonder you’re dealing with them

Japan asks China to stop anal Covid testing

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Does your second paragraph not answer your first paragraph and complete the circle  potentially?

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Does your second paragraph not answer your first paragraph and complete the circle  potentially?

I suppose it could. I'm just not convinced they purposely released a lethal virus on the world as a way of achieving world domination. As I said though, we'll never know one way or the other. If they have done it on purpose, fair fucks to them for having the balls to do it and get away with it

Edited by Sweep