Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Agree completely. Folk driving to places to take their dogs a walk as well. Insane. And needs clamping down on.  Exercise starts at your door and ends there. Doesn’t involve a car

So if you live in a built up area you are better walking round there than jumping in car driving 5 minutes to an open space ? 

There are circumstances were driving in a car to popular spot is stupid but driving A few minutes to get away from the masses makes sense to me. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

So if you live in a built up area you are better walking round there than jumping in car driving 5 minutes to an open space ? 

There are circumstances were driving in a car to popular spot is stupid but driving A few minutes to get away from the masses makes sense to me. 

I was generalizing rather than saying it’s something that cannot happen.  There are a number of circumstances out there that was themselves to needing some flexibility of the rules. But the majority are simply taking the piss. And by doing so they prolong this for the rest of us. That’s how I see it  

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I was generalizing rather than saying it’s something that cannot happen.  There are a number of circumstances out there that was themselves to needing some flexibility of the rules. But the majority are simply taking the piss. And by doing so they prolong this for the rest of us. That’s how I see it  

The problem that whatever the rules people take the piss and ruin it for everyone else. We live a 15/20 minute to a good park where we walk to dog. A 5 minute drive.  
My Missus has an illness and can only walk a limited distance. The 40 minute round journey plus time at park is too much for her. We end walking in more people heavy areas whereas the park is spread out. They have closed the parking spots at park because of idiots. 

11 minutes ago, Ani said:

The problem that whatever the rules people take the piss and ruin it for everyone else. We live a 15/20 minute to a good park where we walk to dog. A 5 minute drive.  
My Missus has an illness and can only walk a limited distance. The 40 minute round journey plus time at park is too much for her. We end walking in more people heavy areas whereas the park is spread out. They have closed the parking spots at park because of idiots. 

And that’s a real shame and I’m sorry to hear that. Makes The very difficult scenario we find all ourselves in much worse  for you and those with similar circumstances. 

Edited by Escobarp

I'd put driving for excercise in the same boat as sunbathing in parks. I'm sympathetic to some of the specific circumstances, but ultimately more allowances you make for different circumstances, the more wriggle room you leave for others.

There's a lot of talk of the spirit of the rules, but it needs to be as black and white as possible.

13 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I'd put driving for excercise in the same boat as sunbathing in parks. I'm sympathetic to some of the specific circumstances, but ultimately more allowances you make for different circumstances, the more wriggle room you leave for others.

There's a lot of talk of the spirit of the rules, but it needs to be as black and white as possible.

nah , driving to a far off location for a walk can be sorted by a couple of clampings. they can "walk" back home. 

1 minute ago, e2e4 said:

nah , driving to a far off location for a walk can be sorted by a couple of clampings. they can "walk" back home. 

Have you had a bang on the head?

thats the most coherent and sensible post you’ve ever made. 👍🏼

• Members
24 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Have you had a bang on the head?

thats the most coherent and sensible post you’ve ever made. 👍🏼

😂.i enjoy his posts I’m convinced he’s Youris lovechild

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

With r2d2.

😂

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I enjoy them too i spends hours living like I’m in mercury rising and trying to decipher what’s going on 

I’m not sure if anyone has ever met Youri but I’d love to have a beer with him. I’d buy a new TopHat

3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

😂

I’m not sure if anyone has ever met Youri but I’d love to have a beer with him. I’d buy a new TopHat

Likewise. Problem is I suspect there isn’t such thing as one beer with youri. It’s a 3 day hole 

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Not Redbank 

it’s the lodge at the back of Radcliffe boroughs main stand 

Take it the main stand is behind the goal

We called that red bank lodge back in the old days

Mill pond went when they built the new houses...stainton close?

Then there was one nearer county primary 

Honestly thought they had all gone