Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, ProfessorWoland said:

They've shied away from a regional approach throughout, despite London being weeks ahead. If anything it looks like our region is the worst in the country now:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/greater-manchester-coronavirus-death-toll-18324771

Have they managed to isolate where transmission is taking place? I know a lot of it is within households, but it still has to reach that household in the first place?

Nope, don't think we'll get that level of detail for a while - there were data a few weeks ago showing how many infections were transmitted in/out of hospitals, but I can't see that anymore. 

I'd assume it's hospitals, shops, workplaces 

35 deaths a day with an R rate of 1 means 5k infected people are passing it on to 5K uninfected people every day in the NW - that's still a lot.  

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yup - we know you're not very bright, but come on fella, at least try for the rest of the class. I understand you keep making an arse of yourself, but we do like a trier. And god knows you are.

“We”. Good for you 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Anyway

i see Cyprus have committed that they will treat any tourist who catches covid? Can’t see us doing anything similar but wonder whether others will do the same thing possibly to try and tempt back the tourist pound?

We've got the highest daily death rate per population in the world - letting people into the UK from outside would be a higher risk to them than us (apart from maybe Brazil)

Just now, Spider said:

I take it warm weather doesn’t subdue it

Being outside more as a consequence does, and it doesnt survive in sunlight as well as darkness,  likewise for heat versus cold, so on the whole it does a bit. we were lucky we didnt get our peak in winter.

18 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m not sure what’s funnier the fact you believe anybody would be rattled by you or the fact that you believe you can dictate to anyone what they post. 

I think it’s a close run thing but a dead heat 

See I'm not trying to dictate anything, but I'm a bit sick of the twisting in the wind and then pushing folk like Fan5 who did one or in fact anyone who highlights the massive holes in your arguments by resorting to inane slanging matches. Then you resort to some sort of holier than thou narrative. Sorry mate, but it's fucking boring. Either back up what you say, or if you can't don't act like a prat. It's just really dull, and this place thrives on a bit of wit, whatever the disagreements. Its like the pub bore with the loudest voice has decided to shout over everyone. All the time.

So, yes I'm not Fan5, I'm not fucking off but if I disagree, at least I can say sorry pal, but you're acting like a bit of a dick at times.

I'm not rattling you (fucking hell no) I'm just trying to giving you a bit of a taste of how you sound to others. The irony is, I realise how dull it is.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

See I'm not trying to dictate anything, but I'm a bit sick of the twisting in the wind and then pushing folk like Fan5 who did one or in fact anyone who highlights the massive holes in your arguments by resorting to inane slanging matches. Then you resort to some sort of holier than thou narrative. Sorry mate, but it's fucking boring. Either back up what you say, or if you can't don't act like a prat. It's just really dull, and this place thrives on a bit of wit, whatever the disagreements. Its like the pub bore with the loudest voice has decided to shout over everyone. All the time.

So, yes I'm not Fan5, I'm not fucking off but if I disagree, at least I can say sorry pal, but you're acting like a bit of a dick at times.

I'm not rattling you (fucking hell no) I'm just trying to giving you a bit of a taste of how you sound to others. The irony is, I realise how dull it is.

You really really should ask people to honestly tell you how your posts sound and then stop preaching to me

i don’t care who likes my posts and who doesn’t. genuinely doesn’t bother me one jot. People engage with me regularly and if they choose to. that’s a personal choice  as it is with everyone  

That’s just me and I shall carry on being me but thank you for the attempt to reinvent me In your own condescending fashion but honestly I shall pass on the advice and stick to it cheers 👍🏼

Charging ahead with the R close to 1 doesn't seem the best idea...

Vallance implying opening up in a hurry is going to kill a lot more people...

I suppose it is localised to an extent but still

Edited by jmjhb

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

377 deaths today

Perhaps Bank Holiday lag but doesn't seem like it's getting better 

aye, need to see a graph, but for the past few days it seems to be around 180, but now creeping back up

this was predicted / suspected after VE day

14 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

aye, need to see a graph, but for the past few days it seems to be around 180, but now creeping back up

this was predicted / suspected after VE day

data is here -     click on COVID 19 total announced deaths 28 May 2020

go to tab 1

23rd -27 will have more deaths added over the next few days.

definatley not dropping  in NW over last 2 weeks

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

Edited by peelyfeet

52 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

🤣

2 hours ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I went cycling first thing and it's noticeable there's more people out in groups and folk who seem more like mates than members of a household,

i have been back and forth to the hospital also. That's filling up more now and I don't see many wearing masks, which surprised me I think it's a no brainer simply to protect the vulnerable people in the non covid wards as much as anyone.

I took my mum to hospital Friday bet there was only 30% of staff  wereing mask 

• Site Supporter

“Hi Dominic, what is the government doing today?”

<background sounds of slurping noises, handwringing and forelock tugging>

”Tell them to get the football back. They fucking love that the stupid shitty peasant cunts. Oh, and tell them they can have bbq’s and get pissed at each other’s houses. That’s all that matters to them really isn’t it? Thick cunts. I bet they’ve never even heard of Dostoevsky. Mwha ha ha ha ha”

<ripple of grateful applause from sychophantic wankers and sound of cocaine lines being knocked back>

(That should distract them enough to forget what a wanker I’ve been)