Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy


HomerJay

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

it was lads first organised game of football- no kit, they had to wear white shirts (lucky for me 🙂)

 

first to most recent

noah 1st.jpg

noah recent 1.jpg

Loving the Bjorn Bjorg look he had going on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3rd one won- one more to go

Greater Manchester 4-2 Merseyside

Northern Schoolboy Champions

 scorers are actually this season’s national champs, but they didn’t enter for some reason? Couple of big saves from the lad 

proud dad

 

BE45C67E-EEF9-4DA0-8E60-9306A2380D85.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My lads mate is at Man United as keeper. What a cutthroat world that seems to be :(

Hes currently no 1 playing for the age above in same team as Kai Rooney.

They paid £75k in a trust fund for his signature apparently. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My lads mate is at Man United as keeper. What a cutthroat world that seems to be :(

Hes currently no 1 playing for the age above in same team as Kai Rooney.

They paid £75k in a trust fund for his signature apparently. 

 

Back in the day 

they would buy 

there Mum and Dad a new Car or House 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My lads mate is at Man United as keeper. What a cutthroat world that seems to be :(

Hes currently no 1 playing for the age above in same team as Kai Rooney.

They paid £75k in a trust fund for his signature apparently. 

 

He’s 13 playing for 14s? Quite a well spoken kid? Might have seen him; Utd’s keeper did seem a little less physical. Wouldn’t be surprised though- they get around rules that way. Kai was in the same squad as Noah at the start of the season, but either moved up to 15s or Utd pulled him out. 
 

The academy that brought us Tom Heaton and Ben Amos

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

He’s 13 playing for 14s? Quite a well spoken kid? Might have seen him; Utd’s keeper did seem a little less physical. Wouldn’t be surprised though- they get around rules that way. Kai was in the same squad as Noah at the start of the season, but either moved up to 15s or Utd pulled him out. 
 

The academy that brought us Tom Heaton and Ben Amos

That's him pal. Lovely kid called Bill.

He played for BJFF, the same set up at my lads do. Bill was actually signed originally by Fleetwood then United as outfield, but he's obviously mustard in nets too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, little whitt said:

Back in the day 

they would buy 

there Mum and Dad a new Car or House 

Spurs did that to persuade Gazza to sign for them over Utd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

That's him pal. Lovely kid called Bill.

He played for BJFF, the same set up at my lads do. Bill was actually signed originally by Fleetwood then United as outfield, but he's obviously mustard in nets too.

 

They are all like that now bud, dedicated goalkeeper sessions where they don’t even don their gloves. Fair old trek to Carrington 4 times a week!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fine strike, but who ploughed the pitch beforehand? 

That's like a bowling green compared to some of the other efforts down the coast :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Our U9s are there on Saturday so I’ll find out. Dunno what it’s like for the older groups, but there is some waiting about. This place is 100 yards away if you need to stretch your legs https://www.greeneking.co.uk/pubs/lancashire/royal-sovereign

 

Looks lovely.

Do us a favour pal and see if there's any dogs about? Thinking of fetching the boy.

Also check the bar situation and if it's card only.

Thanks :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Looks lovely.

Do us a favour pal and see if there's any dogs about? Thinking of fetching the boy.

Also check the bar situation and if it's card only.

Thanks :D

I’m on my way 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.