Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

45 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Sounds like there’s a promotion/relegation thing going on within the club where, irrespective of the reasons, a kid underperforming (relative to his own perceived abilities and due to Osgood Schlatter’s) will be placed in the next group down. 
perhaps over performing May lead to ‘promotion’ back up to elite.

The O/S is something my daughter suffered with. Probably through doing too much sports training. It isn’t for ever though; just through the latest growth spurt.

Sorry to hear your daughter suffered with OS too. Hopefully she’s found a way to manage it. 

My daughter just been through a similar experience. Can’t believe how brutal kids football can be. If had time again she would have just stayed with grass roots team. Hero one minute replaced the next. People forget it’s about kids learning and developing. Most of all it needs to be fun. Tell lad Wiggy get his head up and hope he enjoys where he plays next. 

3 hours ago, true white said:

My daughter just been through a similar experience. Can’t believe how brutal kids football can be. If had time again she would have just stayed with grass roots team. Hero one minute replaced the next. People forget it’s about kids learning and developing. Most of all it needs to be fun. Tell lad Wiggy get his head up and hope he enjoys where he plays next. 

Thanks very much. Hope your daughter is doing OK. Fingers crossed she can carry on enjoying her football somewhere else.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, wiggy said:

Sorry to hear your daughter suffered with OS too. Hopefully she’s found a way to manage it. 

Only lasted around 12 months. 15-16 years ish. She pretty much did her sport despite it.

10 hours ago, royal white said:

Superb if that’s true. Where have you heard that mate? 

That would be a step forward, regarding number of games surely the academies can let kids play 1 game/session less so that they can also play grass roots with mates if they wish, that would also lighten the blow for kids jettisoned out of academies as they’d still be able to continue playing grass roots with their mates. 

8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That would be a step forward, regarding number of games surely the academies can let kids play 1 game/session less so that they can also play grass roots with mates if they wish, that would also lighten the blow for kids jettisoned out of academies as they’d still be able to continue playing grass roots with their mates. 

Interesting chat had with dad whose lad was in this boat. The Academy note that grass roots can be shut down for months and then piled high in fixtures at end of season when they want kids for tournaments 

1 hour ago, green genie said:

Interesting chat had with dad whose lad was in this boat. The Academy note that grass roots can be shut down for months and then piled high in fixtures at end of season when they want kids for tournaments 

That’s true, can always be a decision left to parents discretion, that the academies might allow kids to retain some grassroots football is a good thing. 

On 12/06/2023 at 08:38, Mounts Kipper said:

My lad has played against academies, including the Wanderers, who have 18 players for a 9 a side game so every kid is only getting half a game a week. Surely a game at grass roots would be beneficial for all. 

12 minutes ago, royal white said:

My lad has played against academies, including the Wanderers, who have 18 players for a 9 a side game so every kid is only getting half a game a week. Surely a game at grass roots would be beneficial for all. 

I agree, and when kids get rejected by academies then at least they have a group of team mates at grass roots to go back to. 

Be extremely careful when signing on with a club. They have then the registration of the player. Power is in their hands. Found that this season. Wanted to change club and this was not allowed. Also would not release registration meaning other teams including grass roots can’t even let the player train or play matches? If in doubt don’t sign. Very sad as my daughter just wants to play football to a decent level. Kids football should not be like this? 

8 hours ago, royal white said:

mate, there is nothing stopping you- only Salford. They are not an academy, so you can sign with different teams in different leagues

https://grassrootstechnology.thefa.com/support/solutions/articles/48001177579-dual-registrations#:~:text=Note%3A A dual registration allows,Dual Registration' and then approve. 

3 hours ago, true white said:

Be extremely careful when signing on with a club. They have then the registration of the player. Power is in their hands. Found that this season. Wanted to change club and this was not allowed. Also would not release registration meaning other teams including grass roots can’t even let the player train or play matches? If in doubt don’t sign. Very sad as my daughter just wants to play football to a decent level. Kids football should not be like this? 

how old is your daughter? it seems extremely unfair to retain a registration in such circumstances, especially as ETCs dont start until u9s. i understand a clubs perspective if they have spent years developing a player and they want to see a return: otherwise bigger clubs would just take whatever talent they wanted. its not cheap either, at u13s i believe the release clause is 45k

6 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

mate, there is nothing stopping you- only Salford. They are not an academy, so you can sign with different teams in different leagues

https://grassrootstechnology.thefa.com/support/solutions/articles/48001177579-dual-registrations#:~:text=Note%3A A dual registration allows,Dual Registration' and then approve. 

He already plays for a grassroots team as well (Boothstown on a Sunday) however that’s looking like it will change next season though if Salford pass their audit. 

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

He already plays for a grassroots team as well (Boothstown on a Sunday) however that’s looking like it will change next season though if Salford pass their audit. 

fingers crossed, but we've heard those promises before. Stockport managed it within a year of getting back in the league, and have an address to request a trial

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

fingers crossed, but we've heard those promises before. Stockport managed it within a year of getting back in the league, and have an address to request a trial

I’m hoping they don’t at the min just so he can have another season GR. Stockport where pretty fortunate as they seemed to have a lot already in place (a pitch being a major one 😂) Salford are having problems getting land, every bit of spare land in Salford seems to be owned by Peel Holdings who is a bit of a cunt. 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, royal white said:

Boothtown is a great set up, or at least it seems to be every time I’ve been there. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/06/2023 at 15:18, royal white said:

I’m hoping they don’t at the min just so he can have another season GR. Stockport where pretty fortunate as they seemed to have a lot already in place (a pitch being a major one 😂) Salford are having problems getting land, every bit of spare land in Salford seems to be owned by Peel Holdings who is a bit of a cunt. 

Cat 3 confirmed I believe bud