Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ratwhite

I'm unsure what you mean.  I meant I would replace White with Doyle.  We were playing 1 up front because he was injured, so I'd revert to 2 up front and take out 1 of the midfielders, and in my opinion it would be White.  You don't have to agree, its only what I'd do.  But absolutely if we leave it as 1 up front I would play Tutte instead of White all day long.

12 hours ago, DazBob said:

When Doyle comes back next week either Crawford or Darcy will be on the bench. Can't say I'm arsed which one that is. Both as average as each other. Shame really as I expected more, especially from Crawford.

Agreed. Would sooner try and get Darcy going personally. May be the kick in the arse Crawford needed as well

This is our best XI and system in my opinion.

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 whatever you want to call it.

GK: Gilks/Alexander

RB: Jones/Kioso/Hickman

RCB: Santos

LCB: Delaney

LB: Brockbank/Mascoll/Taft/Greenidge/Hickman/Anyone but Gordon

LCM: Tutte

RCM: Crawford/Comley

LM: Delfouneso/Gnahoua

CAM: Sarcevic

RM: Isgrove/Darcy

ST: Doyle/Miller

Starting to get pissed off with this wingback system. It's only positive I can think of is Santos being moved to the middle of the 3 which has seen his form improve.

Take Crellin out of the spotlight obviously, if Evatt doesn't then I really will start to lose hope. I don't see what Baptiste offers, Santos and Delaney are clearly capable enough and don't need him, why overcomplicate it with a third CB?

Tutte and and Crawford slightly deeper midfielders helping us build out from the back and help defend, if Crawford can't hack the dirty work get Comley in instead, with Tutte next to him he can't fuck up too much. Delfouneso can cut in from the left and Isgrove provide width on the right. Sarcevic can be the shadow striker behind Doyle.

A nice balanced system where we're not overly dependent on playing out from the back, but keep it on the deck and be positive as much as we can be.

6 hours ago, Mantra said:

This is our best XI and system in my opinion.

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 whatever you want to call it.

GK: Gilks/Alexander

RB: Jones/Kioso/Hickman

RCB: Santos

LCB: Delaney

LB: Brockbank/Mascoll/Taft/Greenidge/Hickman/Anyone but Gordon

LCM: Tutte

RCM: Crawford/Comley

LM: Delfouneso/Gnahoua

CAM: Sarcevic

RM: Isgrove/Darcy

ST: Doyle/Miller

Hmmm, not sure about Brocky as a full time LB, plus he's injured and we'd get over-run with Crawford as a centre mid.

5 hours ago, Traf said:

Hmmm, not sure about Brocky as a full time LB, plus he's injured and we'd get over-run with Crawford as a centre mid.

Yeh I wouldn't want Brockbank there full time but for now, I think he's more stable than Mascoll and Gordon. No idea if Taft or Greenidge would do a better job. Greenidge probably suits it if he's as quick as Evatt makes out.

Agree on Crawford which is why Comley would be an option. Or play Tutte on his own holding and have Crawford and Sarcevic in more advanced.