Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Why do you find it racist cheese?

Because it is... Stevie is basically saying "Loads of Africans are coming over, pretending to be Ukrainian!" yet supplying no evidence. He claims it's a "joke", but what is the punchline? "Africans are worse than Ukrainians"?

Edited by Cheese

This maybe of help 

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/racist-and-religious-hate-crime-prosecution-guidance

"Any incident/crime which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person's race or perceived race"
or

"Any incident/crime which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice based on a person's religion or perceived religion."

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Because it is... Stevie is basically saying "Loads of Africans are coming over, pretending to be Ukrainian!" yet supplying no evidence. He claims it's a "joke", but what is the punchline? "Africans are worse than Ukrainians"?

I shouldn't need to clarify but that isn't what I'm saying. 

The joke was Ukraine has took in loads of African refugees as have most of Europe and the people opening their homes up to Ukrainian refugees in the UK in record numbers (more than the near zero for Syria btw) expecting some hot young blonde ... Ended up rehousing the refugees Ukraine took in. 

As I said ALLEGEDLY. 

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Mega racist that. I hope you’ve informed the police 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

I shouldn't need to clarify but that isn't what I'm saying. 

The joke was Ukraine has took in loads of African refugees as have most of Europe and the people opening their homes up to Ukrainian refugees in the UK in record numbers (more than the near zero for Syria btw) expecting some hot young blonde ... Ended up rehousing the refugees Ukraine took in. 

As I said ALLEGEDLY. 

Have they?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Have they not? 

Every where else in Europe has. 

If they've not that'd be pretty racist. 

I'll take that as an "I don't know, I'm guessing because I made a Racist joke that I'm too cowardly to stand by, so I'm just making stuff up".

Just now, Cheese said:

Because it is... Stevie is basically saying "Loads of Africans are coming over, pretending to be Ukrainian!" yet supplying no evidence. He claims it's a "joke", but what is the punchline?

Well that wouldn't be possible given the great lengths our immigration go through to check individuals entering the country.

If Steven B said Albanians, would you think that is racist? Or is it because most Africans are black?

I'd hate to judge people on their skin colour like you do.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I'll take that as an "I don't know, I'm guessing because I made a Racist joke that I'm too cowardly to stand by, so I'm just making stuff up".

Sorry, ill take that as I've called someone out on the statistical correctness of a joke that I've also not researched. 

I'll wait for the stats from you

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Kinell, just seen a report about how Ukraine looks after its disabled folk. Throw back to the soviet era.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-62297526

Grim

My cousin is involved in a charity called Chernobyl childrens international. 
they bring people from homes like that  from the region for respite in Dublin and Ireland ( she’s in the Dublin branch)
not had them over since Covid obviously and then the war stopped it this year. 
Even before the war she told me it’s easier and they get more cooperation from homes in Belarus than Ukraine, prior to all the recent issues, she’d been in homes in Belarus 19 times and allowed in Ukraine once.

she reckons major improvement is needed in the way they care for disabled folk before they’re allowed to join the EU. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Kinell, just seen a report about how Ukraine looks after its disabled folk. Throw back to the soviet era.

Grim

They are still very much far apart from West European society in some places just like parts of Hungary, CR or even parts of Poland. Old Soviet thinking takes a long time to shift.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Grim

Again... wasn't surprised.

From my experience and its the same with my step mum. If it's not there problem they're just not interested.

They distance themselves from others needs and shrug it off. It's like they can't be arsed.

Felt sorry for the people looking after them. They've no hope... like the kids.

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

£350 a month to house the refugees that Ukraine had already taken in from Africa.... 

=@ ALLEGEDLY 

If this is the post that is causing the discussion I would argue it is not racist and probably does not qualify as a joke either.

27 minutes ago, Ani said:

If this is the post that is causing the discussion I would argue it is not racist and probably does not qualify as a joke either.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Maybe. It kept fromage entertained for a while though. And he got his "I've labelled someone a racist badge" for the day so he's keeping his streak going. 

;)