Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

European Super League

• Site Supporter

Now that this legal process has been set up, claiming that the system over here is unlawful, then surely the clubs concerned need to be suspended at a minimum from the Premier league?

As others have said, if breeches of rules have occurred, fines and point docking must follow this season. Then expulsion from the top league has to happen too.

How can these 6 play in the Premier league, when apart from top spot, there is no incentive to achieve anything else as European qualification is guaranteed in the other competition anyhow.

Would make a mockery, so they would have to go.

I agree with others too: the concept is flawed as it would quickly become stale, players going through the motions is what would essentially be exhibition games at best.

Fuck them all.

Expect to see a new club on the site of Salford that brings in Bury, Salford, fcum etc. North Manchester Amalgam as a domestic alternative to disgruntled Utd fans.

New club to the west incorporating Everton and disgruntled Liverpool supporters.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salford Vain Hire - drive summat for a bit at a cost, and then drop it back and forget about it

I hate them with an absolute passion 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Expect to see a new club on the site of Salford that brings in Bury, Salford, fcum etc. North Manchester Amalgam as a domestic alternative to disgruntled Utd fans.

New club to the west incorporating Everton and disgruntled Liverpool supporters.

To be fair it's stuff like this why FCUM (and as lesser extent AFC Liverpool) exist, though I suspect Neville's stance has a lot to do with the potential influx of fans for Salford City. Not a chance any protest clubs would be given a shunt up the pyramid though given the stane of the FA and Premier League is the sanctity of the football pyramid.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

See that's the perfect end point, it'll go on and on until there is only one team left, a global superteam that just roams the earth sucking up players, playing no one just selling merch and gathering global sponsorship. A mass blackholed vaccum of hyperbole where super sunday never ends and transfer deadline day is every monday until we all get dragged into its commercial mass and the world goes pop. Or something like that.

Trafford Globetrotters

I see all 12 clubs have resigned from the ECA (European Club Association).

Woodward at Man U has stood down from his role at EUFA.

Fuck them off now, let's see where player loyalties lie, probably we're there is most money, and that is the problem... GREED!! 

...Or as the lovely Suze Dent's word of the day, INGORDIGIOUSNESS = Extreme Greed!

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Looks like Bayern and Dortmund are joining up, along with Porto and PSG.

Porto. Snigger.

It's happening for sure.

I'm out, but tellingly, my 14 year old lad and all his mates seem very interested indeed.

Life moves on dunnit?

Both Bayern & Dortmund have refused to join, German clubs can only have a 49% ownership criteria.

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I see all 12 clubs have resigned from the ECA (European Club Association).

Woodward at Man U has stood down from his role at EUFA.

Fuck them off now, let's see where player loyalties lie, probably we're there is most money, and that is the problem... GREED!! 

...Or as the lovely Suze Dent's word of the day, INGORDIGIOUSNESS = Extreme Greed!

Players are always going to go where the most money is, I don't blame them for that at all

I know I should do, but I’m finding it hard to have any interest or strong opinion on it. And I get all the stuff about how this effects the whole pyramid and the repercussions for all of club and international football. And about lining the pockets of the greedy conglomerates.

But I think it’s the fact that I’ve long since stopped giving a shit about the premiership and what these clubs are up to. It just seems so far removed from where BWFC is at the moment and whatever happens it won’t really have any direct influence on my enjoyment and passion, so it just gets a shrug of the shoulders from me. I’m not shocked or surprised.

May be on my own here but I want em to go and be expelled.

The talent fucks off when the money goes bump (oh well as Bolton fans we should be ok with this) 

The money lost rekindles the interest in cup competitions as clubs see as a big source of revenue.

It could be our saviour. In regards to the super league (noted that it’s named after the m62 sport which is embarrassing enough can crack on.

One condition is they must never be allowed back.

since the creation of the premier league everything has gone the way of the big boys and with them removed the potential for something different can be born.

all games back on a Saturday 3pm with perhaps 1 Sunday game. Watch your club live on sat and 1 tele game for everyone. 

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

May be on my own here but I want em to go and be expelled.

The talent fucks off when the money goes bump (oh well as Bolton fans we should be ok with this) 

The money lost rekindles the interest in cup competitions as clubs see as a big source of revenue.

It could be our saviour. In regards to the super league (noted that it’s named after the m62 sport which is embarrassing enough can crack on.

One condition is they must never be allowed back.

since the creation of the premier league everything has gone the way of the big boys and with them removed the potential for something different can be born.

all games back on a Saturday 3pm with perhaps 1 Sunday game. Watch your club live on sat and 1 tele game for everyone. 

I’m with you 100%

• Site Supporter

I'm a bit like Desperado - I don't make a point of watching the premier league, but will if it's on and i'm doing nowt else.

Obviously if Bolton get close to it again in the future we'll all be more interested, but for now the only football club that makes my testicles go fizzy is BWFC, so my attention is there 99% of the time.

The upper levels of football is more recognisable as a load of Hollywood franchises now.

Sorry do not agree with last few posts. 
But I think I maybe contradictory in my thinking! I do watch the EPL, not as much as when we were involved and normally I pick and choose based on teams. Leeds v Liverpool is an example tonight of a game I will watch, had Arsenal Fulham on yesterday but played Wi golf instead of watching. However I can not remember last Champions League game I watched or Championship game I watched. That is where my thinking feels skewed as I do watch some games based on a good watch but the so called highest level Champions League is of no interest , it is not an elite thing as never watch the Championship either.

What fucks me off with the thinking behind these plans is that football clubs are deep rooted in communities and their importance/impact goes way beyond any other business of similar size. This applies to United as much as it does to us. As much to Rochdale as it does to Liverpool. We can not on one hand slag off United for leaving and say let them hang themselves, but not give a shit about the impact on the fans and communities tied into a club. 
The current owners and players are custodians of something that has been built over decades to see that torn down because these custodians do not understand the importance of football is bad enough, to say we do not care makes it worse. To say it only 'add in any of 6' is no more right if those 6 are big and rich than if they are small poor and in our case mis managed. 
I think it is really important to not bracket the current custodians of the club with the actual club itself. Look at us is BWFC a better club based on current custodians compared to the previous guy ? 
The idea that these Johnny know nothing fuck wits think they have bought the right to rip up decades of tradition in the game and not only them not give a fuck but supporters like us should not give a fuck is surrender monkey land for me.

Edited by Ani
  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Ani said:

But I think I maybe contradictory in my thinking! I do watch the EPL, not as much as when we were involved and normally I pick and choose based on teams. Leeds v Liverpool is an example tonight of a game I will watch, had Arsenal Fulham on yesterday but played Wi golf instead of watching. However I can not remember last Champions League game I watched or Championship game I watched. That is where my thinking feels skewed as I do watch some games based on a good watch but the so called highest level Champions League is of no interest , it is not an elite thing as never watch the Championship either.

What fucks me off with the thinking behind these plans is that football clubs are deep rooted in communities and their importance/impact goes way beyond any other business of similar size. This applies to United as much as it does to us. As much to Rochdale as it does to Liverpool. We can not on one hand slag off United for leaving and say let them hang themselves, but not give a shit about the impact on the fans and communities tied into a club. 
The current owners and players are custodians of something that has been built over decades to see that torn down because these custodians do not understand the importance of football is bad enough, to say we do not care makes it worse. To say it only 'add in any of 6' is no more right if those 6 are big and rich than if they are small poor and in our case mis managed. 
I think it is really important to not bracket the current custodians of the club with the actual club itself. Look at us is BWFC a better club based on current custodians compared to the previous guy ? 
The idea that these Johnny know nothing fuck wits think they have bought the right to rip up decades of tradition in the game and not only them not give a fuck but supporters like us should not give a fuck is surrender monkey land for me.

I know in my heart of hearts that you're right.

But anything that pisses the scousers and the rags off or threatens to make them suffer generally appeals to me. So I am a bit torn.

14 minutes ago, Ani said:

That is all true, but as I said in my earlier post, you can't put the genie back in the bottle now. Or rather I'd be plesently surprised if it did. Of course these clubs are supposed to be for communities and have been built from that base, but - and here's the real question - a fan in Hong Kong matter less to a club that one in Salford to the actual people running the club? I'd say no. Global fanbases have dictated the larger clubs for a long time.

Should we stand with Liverpool and Utd fans who are fucked off about this decision, absolutely we should. Will it change anything? I'm just not sure it will in the long run.