Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

European Super League

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Wow! What about those Italian clubs? They can fuck off because of their part in the Roman Empire a couple of thousand years ago.

If you read the source quote I was on about traitors not empires

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salford Vain Hire - drive summat for a bit at a cost, and then drop it back and forget about it

I hate them with an absolute passion 

18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I despise the scousers, especially their fans,but credit where credit is due no and I do mean NO ONE makes banners faster than them. 
Anfield covered in anti super league banners less than 24 hours after the news broke.

What made you hate scousers  ? Did you get a smack on the Scotty Rd.😀

3 minutes ago, leigh white said:

What made you hate scousers  ? Did you get a smack on the Scotty Rd.😀

Started when they killed a load of Italians that they don’t like to talk about 

uefas revamp of the european cup is even dafter than this. 

what with the historical league position being taken into account. 

at least the Euro Soccer League is a straight up closed shop. 

3 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

at least the Euro Soccer League is a straight up closed shop. 

Eastern Soccer League might be funnier

Edited by e2e4
edited down the quote

"The Big Six". I thought that was the six clubs involved in discussions to found the Football League: Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, Stoke and West Bromwich Albion.

They didn't protect their status, and after finishing bottom of the league for the first two seasons Stoke were voted out and replaced by distant Sunderland.

1 minute ago, MalcolmW said:

"The Big Six". I thought that was the six clubs involved in discussions to found the Football League: Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, Stoke and West Bromwich Albion.

They didn't protect their status, and after finishing bottom of the league for the first two seasons Stoke were voted out and replaced by distant Sunderland.

Distant Sunderland? Is that like Leicester Fosse?

47 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Those super league clubs will be back way before that happens.

Someone has to be bottom of that league...do you think clubs used to being the top, will be happy to be bottom of this new thing !?! Its not as rosey for everyone as it seems.

No relegation, that's the key - just the cash.

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Everton bought who they wanted before sky anyway, we do have the advantage of having a big fan base.

IF money went, than it would level alot of the prem again.

Obviously the big waged foreigners would go....not arsed about most of them anyway. Rather play young lads every game...couldn't care less if we are in europe or mid-table.

Go where though Pedro? Where would they go if all the European leagues had reigned in spending? We had perfectly good teams before foreign mercenaries came over here looking for PL riches and the stupid wages being paid. Levelling down actually wouldn’t affect us as supporters if we could still sign good players but at much lower wages. Are we saying that players earning £2m wouldn’t perform just as well on £1m and still have a higher level life than the majority of working people? We’ve just lost all sense of perspective and I personally would rather see and support players I can identify with, rather than multi millionaire reprobates who are too big for their Nike boots. Maybe I’m the only one but to be honest, I hope they do pack up and go and I think football here would be far better off for it than worse.

11 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

No relegation, that's the key - just the cash.

How long would Spurs, in 19th, v Porto, in 20th place, be of interest to anyone?

I’m not hearing anything of them being chucked out of the Prem.

1 hour ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Football survived long before Sky, would it be so bad to go back to clubs surviving on the size of their support? Sure we won't get to see the best players in the world but if my club is winning I don't give a fuck 

I just don’t get this, we won’t see the best players bit. Sky aren’t going to pull the plug on football just because the big six clear off. There is still mega money to be made because fans want to watch football and will pay for it. Look at our iFollow numbers and that’s in L2. Of course revenue will be down but how is that a bad thing if players have to take a pay cut from their stupid money now? Are you saying that these 15 or 20 clubs are going to buy up all the good players? They might have the cream but if the ones that are left can form an effective competition, which they will, what’s wrong with that. And you can forget about these clubs spending money on academies, they’ll just buy ready made when they want. Football was here before the PL and better and more enjoyable in my view and will be after it’s gone and returned to League 1.

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

I just don’t get this, we won’t see the best players bit. Sky aren’t going to pull the plug on football just because the big six clear off. There is still mega money to be made because fans want to watch football and will pay for it. Look at our iFollow numbers and that’s in L2. Of course revenue will be down but how is that a bad thing if players have to take a pay cut from their stupid money now? Are you saying that these 15 or 20 clubs are going to buy up all the good players? They might have the cream but if the ones that are left can form an effective competition, which they will, what’s wrong with that. And you can forget about these clubs spending money on academies, they’ll just buy ready made when they want. Football was here before the PL and better and more enjoyable in my view and will be after it’s gone and returned to League 1.

Where can I see the ifollow figures?

• Members
19 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Go where though Pedro? Where would they go if all the European leagues had reigned in spending? We had perfectly good teams before foreign mercenaries came over here looking for PL riches and the stupid wages being paid. Levelling down actually wouldn’t affect us as supporters if we could still sign good players but at much lower wages. Are we saying that players earning £2m wouldn’t perform just as well on £1m and still have a higher level life than the majority of working people? We’ve just lost all sense of perspective and I personally would rather see and support players I can identify with, rather than multi millionaire reprobates who are too big for their Nike boots. Maybe I’m the only one but to be honest, I hope they do pack up and go and I think football here would be far better off for it than worse.

Pedro? That’s his twin brother.

18 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

How long would Spurs, in 19th, v Porto, in 20th place, be of interest to anyone?

I’m not hearing anything of them being chucked out of the Prem.

They reason they like it is its a franchise competition, places are largely irrelevant, its about play offs and finals.

Stop thinking about it like a traditional league format.

• Site Supporter

The only reason closed shops like this work in America is because of the draft system.

Tampa Bay were utter dogshit a few years ago but won the Super Bowl this time around. Though admittedly they transferred in a superstar quarterback which helped. But the draft allows teams on their arse to build on the best new and upcoming talent.

This won’t have a draft system which means a shit team will almost certainly always be shit.

12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

They reason they like it is its a franchise competition, places are largely irrelevant, its about play offs and finals.

Stop thinking about it like a traditional league format.

Until people are bored.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ani said:

Slight change

Cynic! :)

They've  been discussing this on the radio, and one comment was along the lines of what I posted earlier, but stronger.

There would be no incentive of teams in the league to try to win matches once they'd dropped away from top spot. Automatically going to be there the following year, and much of it could become exhibition-like, pre season football. Not sure how many players would want that, especially if they can't represent their country.

Harlem globe trotters stuff.

It also makes a mockery of the Premier league too.

• Site Supporter

Some of the dead rubbers in the NFL towards the end of the season are fucking rank.

Empty stadiums, stiffs getting a game, no atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Some of the dead rubbers in the NFL towards the end of the season are fucking rank.

Empty stadiums, stiffs getting a game, no atmosphere.

So Arsenal?

I’m currently entering my 13th straight hour of talksport today. What a mad day and I’m probably far to emotionally invested than I should be.

This has to be a watershed moment. We need to take back the game we all love. 

I want my boys to grow up with the game we all know and love, not this. 

They need to listen to the fans across the board, no to this and no to VAR.

Its the last chance saloon this. Now or never. 

Either let em fuck off and kick them out we can get a grip on the game without them, or they get back in line and know not to try and fuck the fans over again.

It can be done.