Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

Just now, Jol_BWFC said:

I must have missed the post by @royal white noting the arrests at the pro-Palestine March yesterday. The one where he praised the met police for making arrests that many thought didn’t happen at these events.

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2024-04-27/two-people-arrested-as-thousands-gathered-for-the-pro-palestine-march

Two tier policing mate 🤦‍♂️

The same number of people arrested at the St. George rally as there was at a pro Palestine demo a few days earlier.

Best ignore that though, doesn’t fit the narrative of a biased police force 🙄

• Members

I don't think the claim has ever been that arrests are never made

It's sad that the Assistant Commissioner has acknowledged the protests have caused some Jewish people to stay away from central London on protests days, avoid the Tube, hide their identities or otherwise change their behaviour

22 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's sad that the Assistant Commissioner has acknowledged the protests have caused some Jewish people to stay away from central London on protests days, avoid the Tube, hide their identities or otherwise change their behaviour

The claim that has been made is that the police treat both demonstrations differently, which I would disagree with. The number of arrests are evidence of that.

You’re right, it’s sad that some of the Jewish community have had to stay away. Nothing compared to the death, fear & destruction that Palestinians have to live with though. Or the atrocities that the Israeli’s experienced.

I am dubious about claims that these demos are rife with antisemitism when Jewish people & groups are attending though. There was a time when some racism was going unpunished, though I think the police have done more since. 

8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

The claim that has been made is that the police treat both demonstrations differently, which I would disagree with. The number of arrests are evidence of that.

You’re right, it’s sad that some of the Jewish community have had to stay away. Nothing compared to the death, fear & destruction that Palestinians have to live with though. Or the atrocities that the Israeli’s experienced.

I am dubious about claims that these demos are rife with antisemitism when Jewish people & groups are attending though. There was a time when some racism was going unpunished, though I think the police have done more since. 

You think it’s ‘sad’ that Jewish people are afraid to go into the City. 
Personally, I think it’s fucking tragic and I don’t usually swear. I never thought we’d get to this point and I fear it will get worse.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Yep. 

That article mentions two arrests.

Wow, that'll stop their rantings.

3 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

You think it’s ‘sad’ that Jewish people are afraid to go into the City. 
Personally, I think it’s fucking tragic and I don’t usually swear. I never thought we’d get to this point and I fear it will get worse.

I was just agreeing with the words of another poster.

But yes, it’s sad /shite whatever you want to call it.

The situation in Gaza is ‘fucking tragic’ and has been long before October 7th. The Hamas attacks were ‘fucking tragic’. As is innocent people being bulldozed off their land.

I wouldn’t use that kind of language to describe the situation in London. Not to dismiss what some Jewish people are going through. But the situation is more complex tbh. Many Jewish people & groups have attended the demos.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wow, that'll stop their rantings.

The marches as a whole are a perfectly legitimate expression of freedom of speech. Myself & yourself might not agree with everything that is said on them. But the vast majority are peaceful and doing nothing wrong. You can’t stop people ranting just because you hold a different view. 

I find it odd how anti-democratic you are at times. Especially how much you criticise states & people of that mindset. 

10 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I was just agreeing with the words of another poster.

But yes, it’s sad /shite whatever you want to call it.

The situation in Gaza is ‘fucking tragic’ and has been long before October 7th. The Hamas attacks were ‘fucking tragic’. As is innocent people being bulldozed off their land.

I wouldn’t use that kind of language to describe the situation in London. Not to dismiss what some Jewish people are going through. But the situation is more complex tbh. Many Jewish people & groups have attended the demos.

We all know about Gaza. The Jewish people of the UK (and any other country) should not be held responsible. 

8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

We all know about Gaza. The Jewish people of the UK (and any other country) should not be held responsible. 

The Jewish people of the UK and ( any other country ) are not being held responsible for the massacre in Gaza. That’s some generalisation you’ve made. There are more cases of antisemitism and tensions are high, but I’d not go as far to say these demonstrations (as a whole) are holding British Jews responsible. 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Members
5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

The Jewish people of the UK and ( any other country ) are not being held responsible for the massacre in Gaza. That’s some generalisation you’ve made. There are more cases of antisemitism and tensions are high, but I’d not go as far to say these demonstrations (as a whole) are holding British Jews responsible. 

I think it was a reference to your own post rather than the demonstrations

5 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I must have missed the post by @royal white noting the arrests at the pro-Palestine March yesterday. The one where he praised the met police for making arrests that many thought didn’t happen at these events.

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2024-04-27/two-people-arrested-as-thousands-gathered-for-the-pro-palestine-march

You didn’t miss anything petal. 

4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Palestine is a war zone. London is our capital that is (supposedly) safe. 

A bit weird to compare the 2 

14 minutes ago, royal white said:

Palestine is a war zone. London is our capital that is (supposedly) safe. 

A bit weird to compare the 2 

Just saying that the situation in Palestine is more reminiscent of a tragedy than the current one in London. 

• Moderators

What happened re the jewish kid who supposedly received poor treatment at a manc hospital cos he was jewish?

It was everywhere at the time

Cant find any follow up

10 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Just saying that the situation in Palestine is more reminiscent of a tragedy than the current one in London. 

You’re constantly diverting from the huge problem of antisemitism that is occurring in the UK and around the world with yes but answers. The frequent demo’s are the reason for the rise. The demo’s have done absolutely nothing to change Israeli policy but have made many Jewish people fearful. 

27 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

You’re constantly diverting from the huge problem of antisemitism that is occurring in the UK and around the world with yes but answers. The frequent demo’s are the reason for the rise. The demo’s have done absolutely nothing to change Israeli policy but have made many Jewish people fearful. 

Not diverting from anything 👍

We’re discussing it. You think it’s fckn tragic, I think that language is better suited to describe the situation in Gaza. Each to their own.

Perspective is important. The vast majority on those demos are not antisemitic. At least according to the Met & Jews attending the protests. Criticism of Israel isn’t antisemitic, yet the CFA and Mr. Falter claim it is. 

13 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I see the BBC is reporting that the Government is considering deploying British troops in Gaza to aid with the humanitarian effort

Stop deflecting from the situation in London 😉

Besides, the IDF are on it …

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Not diverting from anything 👍

We’re discussing it. You think it’s fckn tragic, I think that language is better suited to describe the situation in Gaza. Each to their own.

Perspective is important. The vast majority on those demos are not antisemitic. At least according to the Met & Jews attending the protests. Criticism of Israel isn’t antisemitic, yet the CFA and Mr. Falter claim it is. 

Or it could be used to describe both.