Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Loan Watch 2021/22

TrickyTrotter

15 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Solomon Otabor only signed for them 2 weeks ago, deal till Jan.  In our current situation we could have done worse on a short term deal, as an option off the bench instead of Delf and the kids.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think it was him we had on trial a few weeks ago.

Yeah, Evatt decided against signing him the day before Sheehan did his knee.

• Moderators
On 09/12/2021 at 15:47, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If he keeps putting more kids on the bench with no intention of playing them, then that leaves little room for manoeuvre. 

Thomason was on the bench for the 16 games of the season and rightly got hardly anywhere near the pitch.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Horwich said:

Thomason was on the bench for the 16 games of the season and rightly got hardly anywhere near the pitch.

You spout shite at times. Notable by your lack of input when we played well in previous home games. Thomason very effective in them.

Get beaten with a couple of all round wank performances and it's all because of him.

There were lads with Premier league experience and championship experience in our side yesterday; they were biz too, but can't be blamed?

You're on a wind up mission.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You spout shite at times. Notable by your lack of input when we played well in previous home games. Thomason very effective in them.

Get beaten with a couple of all round wank performances and it's all because of him.

There were lads with Premier league experience and championship experience in our side yesterday; they were biz too, but can't be blamed?

You're on a wind up mission.

Thomason wasnt considered good enough for the first part of the season. He didnt even come on in pretty much any of the league games before Wigan.

The reason for this is he is not upto the standard the mongs expect in league one.

You can also add Senior to this, plus a few more of the starters from Saturday.

This mirrors pre January last season.

Players not upto it.

I am sure Evatt is more than well aware of this and will be doing things about it in January.

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Thomason wasnt considered good enough for the first part of the season. He didnt even come on in pretty much any of the league games before Wigan.

The reason for this is he is not upto the standard the idiots expect in league one.

You can also add Senior to this, plus a few more of the starters from Saturday.

This mirrors pre January last season.

Players not upto it.

I am sure Evatt is more than well aware of this and will be doing things about it in January.

I thought the 2 youngsters that you’ve mentioned contributed more than most yesterday. Both starting as a result of our injury crisis, neither letting us down in difficult circumstances. 

• Moderators

I am not saying they let us down. Thomasson is handy to have as a squad player and could improve in time.

My point is the mongs that watch us are not happy unless we are pushing for a championship place.

These are not championship players we are having to use.

3 hours ago, Horwich said:

I am not saying they let us down. Thomasson is handy to have as a squad player and could improve in time.

My point is the idiots that watch us are not happy unless we are pushing for a championship place.

These are not championship players we are having to use.

You really need to stop using that word.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Anderson said:

You really need to stop using that word.

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

I dont need to do anything.

Surely this depends on whether Anderson made a request or an instruction. There was a time when the word idiot was outlawed at the request of someone presumably with a Downs Syndrome child.

23 minutes ago, Horwich said:

idiot - 

1. a person who is stupid or who has learning difficulties.

I think you know full well the derogatory connotations that the use of the word is derived from.

Much like looking up the word f****t, you'd see a definition of a meatball made from minced offal, but we all know the use of the word to describe someone that's being a bit soft etc is extremely offensive and distasteful.

Not like it's even particularly hard to pick another word that wouldn't cause offence, just deliberately being obtuse.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Anderson said:

I think you know full well the derogatory connotations that the use of the word is derived from.

Much like looking up the word f****t, you'd see a definition of a meatball made from minced offal, but we all know the use of the word to describe someone that's being a bit soft etc is extremely offensive and distasteful.

Not like it's even particularly hard to pick another word that wouldn't cause offence, just deliberately being obtuse.  

There are other forums available.

8 hours ago, Anderson said:

Lad has a point.

• 3 weeks later...

Current state of play with loanees.

Dennis Politic is on a season long loan to Port Vale - we know he has recall clause but IE shows no sign of exercising it, and like us Port Vale have hardly played in the last 3 weeks.

Reiss Greenidge is on a season long loan to Barnet.  He wasn't in today's match squad but has featured regularly - he's out of contract at the end of the season and he ain't coming back.

Liam Edwards is on loan at Southport to this coming weekend (8/1).  Can see it being extended again or another loan.  Another one out of contract come June.

Luke Hutchinson has featured regally for Colls, his youth loan ends this month.

Likewise Jay Fitzmartin's loan at Stalybridge ends this month.  He has been out injured for a couple of months, so can see an extension or a new loan.

Can only realistically see Hutchinson being here next season.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'd bring him back just to fck him about tbh. Bit I'm like that.

I've already said similar.I'd have him starting tonight. Play well and show the right attitude and you're in the first team squad.

Come back and sulk and you can train with the Academy until June : no shop window for you.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

I've already said similar.I'd have him starting tonight. Play well and show the right attitude and you're in the first team squad.

Come back and sulk and you can train with the Academy until June : no shop window for you.

I agree.

An opportunity for both. 

Of course, if Evatt has decided to fuck him off then do so now.