Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

FFS, Matt/2003 are correct.

ST holders automatically become members for this season.

Incorrect screeching from some folks.

Don’t want to get too picky on this Steejay, there are more important things in life but that’s not strictly true. You can buy league game tickets if a ST holder but not cup games according to the official message.

Just now, radcliffe white said:

Membership or not

not excuse for only 2k home fans (if correct) we have enough season ticket holders where the fuck are they 

Possibly like me and haven’t joined. I think posters on here who are basically die hard and committed, don’t represent ordinary punters and many, even ST holders will be put off by having to join just to buy a cup ticket.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Any help gratefully received.  Just purchased a seat for tomorrow, thinking I would print at home, but even though the purchase was confirmed, there's no link to the ticket to print it.   Under Ticket Management it says I currently don't have any tickets to manage.  Tried ringing ticket office but its just ringing out.  How do I print a ticket?

Have you got an email with PDF attached?

9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

That makes more sense Matt but you’d like to think if they’ve tweaked it or amended it they’d let ST holders know, or better still just bin it altogether for me? 😠

They amended the wording on the more recent website posts about tickets for tomorrow

• Members
7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Any help gratefully received.  Just purchased a seat for tomorrow, thinking I would print at home, but even though the purchase was confirmed, there's no link to the ticket to print it.   Under Ticket Management it says I currently don't have any tickets to manage.  Tried ringing ticket office but its just ringing out.  How do I print a ticket?

Do you get a link for an electronic ticket / qr code on your phone when you buy online fella?

6 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Possibly like me and haven’t joined. I think posters on here who are basically die hard and committed, don’t represent ordinary punters and many, even ST holders will be put off by having to join just to buy a cup ticket.

FFS why are you making it sound like its rocket science

All a ST holder needs to do is tick a couple of boxes and he is confirmed a member

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You should have received two emails, one confirming the transaction and one with a PDF for your tickets. Might be worth checking your junk mail. 

Nice one Leyther, you're right, got the emails now.  Took several minutes for emails to come, I just assumed the ticket would be in my account, but you live and learn.  Cheers.

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Membership or not

not excuse for only 2k home fans (if correct) we have enough season ticket holders where the fuck are they 

They were going to bring other family members but couldn't be arsed signing them up

Whilst this membership thing is shit and poorly thought out, I'd imagine if this was a 3rd round game against a big club there'd be a lot more fans who would go through with "all the hassle" of registering.

It's just a convenient excuse not to go.

17 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Whilst this membership thing is shit and poorly thought out, I'd imagine if this was a 3rd round game against a big club there'd be a lot more fans who would go through with "all the hassle" of registering.

I don't think it's "just" that, but even if it is if people are using it then it needs reviewing. There are enough obstacles in place to stop people going, the club shouldn't be adding more unless there's a strong justification.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'm in this camp.

I've said if it was a more glamerous game then I'd probably make the effort.

I wouldn't say its a convenient excuse though, its just more of a faff than the fixtures worth

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Going to a game is always faff, this game is no different.

The weather's shit and probably doesn't help, but if we get through to the 3rd round and draw a top 6 prem club or the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Villa etc... you can bet your left bollock every fucker will want one.

I hope the club give those who purchased a ticket for this game priority.

Shit fans.

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The weather's shit and probably doesn't help, but if we get through to the 3rd round and draw a top 6 prem club or the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Villa etc... you can bet your left bollock every fucker will want one.

Priority will be to season ticket holders. As it should be.

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Want a gold brick on the wall next to my Plymouth one 

22 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I know what you're saying but I think the days of full houses for cup games are in the past, unless maybe a quarter final v a huge club.  We got a decent crowd v Liverpool a few years ago but even with reduced ticket prices it was several thousand short of a full house.  If that fixture is repeated in January yes a lot more would go than v Stockport but there'd still be loads of local football fans that couldn't be bothered with joining the membership of a club they don't necessarily support, those types are the difference between getting a decent crowd and getting a huge one.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

I wouldn’t. I’m being honest. It’s a ridiculous idea. Also the cup is shite now.

Can’t think of any other undersubscribed club or business that is restricting customer purchases.

It really is a poor do. 

I also hate the thought of it becoming more sit down and clap than it already is. 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

They should indeed.

It is nothing new that fans will be attracted to bigger games though. Always will be- that's why Stockport have sold so many.