Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"Thanks for registering with Bolton Wanderers" email received NOT registered myself!

Tungsten3

Received this email titled "Thanks for registering with Bolton Wanderers"  when i have not registered in to the new membership scheme.

Has anyone else had this email as i am wondering if it is a data breach at wanderers or have the club been registering previous season ticket holders?

I had a season ticket 3 years ago but not since then

thanks

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tungsten3 said:

Received this email titled "Thanks for registering with Bolton Wanderers"  when i have not registered in to the new membership scheme.

Has anyone else had this email as i am wondering if it is a data breach at wanderers or have the club been registering previous season ticket holders?

I had a season ticket 3 years ago but not since then

thanks

As someone who signed up, I can't answer your question directly. 

However, have you actually opened the email, and if not, perhaps don't.

You could send the club one, describing what has happened, and seek clarification- was it them. 

If so, then ask any further pertinent questions.

If not, then delete the email.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As someone who signed up, I can't answer your question directly. 

However, have you actually opened the email, and if not, perhaps don't.

You could send the club one, describing what has happened, and seek clarification- was it them. 

If so, then ask any further pertinent questions.

If not, then delete the email.

Good idea.

I did open it but didnt open any of the links which look like they are from dodgy company or some third party company that the club are using.

zetaecommzone.com

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I am happy to be a member of MY club

Can't see any problems

It was never about being a member, it was the way it was introduced as a knee-jerk response to a bottle or two being lobbed at a player who felt it was ok to celebrate in front of the Crazy Corner. It was introduced to create a database of who sits where, even though for the majority, they already have the information. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tungsten3 said:

Good idea.

I did open it but didnt open any of the links which look like they are from dodgy company or some third party company that the club are using.

zetaecommzone.com

Definitely worth checking out.

I'm particularly keen, as a few months ago, whilst swapping my van, the dealership had their IT system hacked, my details leaked which resulted in me being given a bank account number to make a bank transfer to, which wasn't that of the company!

Lost just over 2k, but got it back from the company eventually. 

Had I got the email 24hrs earlier, I'd have lost 25k. Some cunt in Bradord still laughing now.

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Definitely worth checking out.

I'm particularly keen, as a few months ago, whilst swapping my van, the dealership had their IT system hacked, my details leaked which resulted in me being given a bank account number to make a bank transfer to, which wasn't that of the company!

Lost just over 2k, but got it back from the company eventually. 

Had I got the email 24hrs earlier, I'd have lost 25k. Some cunt in Bradord still laughing now.

It is Leeds actually I moved years ago 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tungsten3 said:

Scams would normally target a wide range of people.

Only those for whom they have details though.

If this was a routine thing from the club, then as you say, you would perhaps have expected more on here to have got one.

As far as I'm aware, I was the only person scammed by hackers at the time. Maybe just opportunistic.