Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Beatles aside is there a better British band than……

Rudy

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Papa Roach and The Offspring should be tried at The Hague and sentenced to a hundred years with 'Dr' Radavin Kardsdick. Put any trance acts in too - but execute them.

:D

That was a golden era for moshers. Papa Roach, Korn, Machine Head etc. 

35 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

My musical legends.

Given youri hates everything  it's no surprise he detests 2 90s/00s icons like Papa Roach and The Offspring. 

Korn were top of the shop for me they were ace.

Slipknot took all the plaudits but apart from spit it out and Marlon Brando I never liked em. 

Just now, gonzo said:

Korn were top of the shop for me they were ace.

Slipknot took all the plaudits but apart from spit it out and Marlon Brando I never liked em. 

Once Jonathan Davies stopped writing about his childhood trauma Korn went shit. First 3 and a bit albums were brilliant. Then from issues they went down hill. Tried listening to some of their recent stuff and it's rubbish.

15 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It was the death of metal as we knew it. Dross.

Only nuggets would refer to themselves as 'moshers'.

I have to say I agree. 

Nu-Metal was awful. Machine Head was ok for Burn My Eyes.

I think Pantera were the last really inventive metal band who did something completely new and fresh - kept metal going through early 90s singlehandly.

Got offered free tickets for Download, The Distiller's are tempting me so I can stand and perv, and Mastodon but that's it.

Also there weren't VIP. No way am I slumming it with the rest of the crowd without access to private bars, seated, covered areas and flushable toliets.

12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I have to say I agree. 

Nu-Metal was awful. Machine Head was ok for Burn My Eyes.

I think Pantera were the last really inventive metal band who did something completely new and fresh - kept metal going through early 90s singlehandly.

Got offered free tickets for Download, The Distiller's are tempting me so I can stand and perv, and Mastodon but that's it.

Also there weren't VIP. No way am I slumming it with the rest of the crowd without access to private bars, seated, covered areas and flushable toliets.

Machine Head supported Metallica and I had a couple more pints on Shambles to avoid them.

Did the same when Shed Seven supported Happy Mondays.

I should've just stayed in a pub for the Tricky 'Maxinequaye in full' gig - it was the biggest farce ever, shambolic.

I'd never go to another festival - you basically live worse than an animal for 2+ days.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Suppose theres a similar debate in the punk scene.

Ive been to Rebellion a few times, theres deffo a disparity between the old and new punks. 

Bands like 999 seemed to have breed of fans just there for the tear up. They played behind a cage at one of em and loads were hanging off it like caged monkeys.

The lads I was there with were with the band NOFX and One Way system. A lot more dignified their sets :D

Edited by gonzo
I know 999 are old, meant the younger followers...

18 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Machine Head supported Metallica and I had a couple more pints on Shambles to avoid them.

Did the same when Shed Seven supported Happy Mondays.

I should've just stayed in a pub for the Tricky 'Maxinequaye in full' gig - it was the biggest farce ever, shambolic.

I'd never go to another festival - you basically live worse than an animal for 2+ days.

I saw them on the death magnetic tour, they actually weren't that bad.

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

That's when I went in late on purpose, now Vio-Lence they were decent.

At least on that tour it was actual fans - last time they went to Manchester it seemed every fucker who called me a greb at school was there saying how brilliant they were. JCL fuckers.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Suppose theres a similar debate in the punk scene.

Ive been to Rebellion a few times, theres deffo a disparity between the old and new punks. 

Bands like 999 seemed to have breed of fans just there for the tear up. They played behind a cage at one of em and loads were hanging off it like caged monkeys.

The lads I was there with were with the band NOFX and One Way system. A lot more dignified their sets :D

NoFX dignified? Must've been an off day Fat Mike's a fucking deviant that would put most to shame.

17 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

NoFX dignified? Must've been an off day Fat Mike's a fucking deviant that would put most to shame.

Must have been the crackpipe they were passing round before the gig backstage :D

There was a guitarist dude with one eye called snake eye or summet. One scary fucker.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

At least on that tour it was actual fans - last time they went to Manchester it seemed every fucker who called me a greb at school was there saying how brilliant they were. JCL fuckers.

The 'Glasto' effect.

Any cunt youtubing 'Ride The Lightning'.

Then pitching up - I give it a swerve, I was also paranoid about a terrorist attack (at Metallica) as an aside - can you imagine getting killed at an Eagles of Death Metal gig?

I'd want to be cremated without ceremony then flushed down the bog at McDonald's because of the shameful death I had.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The 'Glasto' effect.

Then pitching up - I give it a swerve, I was also paranoid about a terrorist attack (at Metallica) as an aside - can you imagine getting killed at an Eagles of Death Metal gig?

I'd want to be cremated without ceremony then flushed down the bog at McDonald's because of the shameful death I had.

Even G4S would pick up on a buncha ray guns at a Metallica gig 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Even G4S would pick up on a buncha ray guns at a Metallica gig 

What about those white ginger neckbeard traitors who convert to possibly get a shag by marrying a kid? They'd get in easy, and being whities they could probably buy loads of bleach without coming up on the radar.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

What about those white ginger neckbeard traitors who convert to possibly get a shag by marrying a kid? They'd get in easy, and being whities they could probably buy loads of bleach without coming up on the radar.

Shed Seven fans them 

16 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The 'Glasto' effect.

My Mrs worked on PR for T in the Park for years. The second biggest wanker she ever encountered (after Brandon Flowers who kept her going  through his pictures from the gig for three hours whilst coked off his tits and demanded a golf cart to take him 100 yards) was that lead singer from Eagles of Death Metal. She was watching QoTSA and he kept going on about if she went back to his trailer she could get to know all the band a bit better, tried it on with everyone, basically sleep with me and you can hang out with Josh Holme. 

I think Axl Rose called the Pigeons of Shit Rock when they supported them.