Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

20 minutes ago, royal white said:

The point of the post was about how pathetic our judges and laws are. Most agree. You don’t. Using your viewpoint the judge is happy for a British girl to be potentially raped over an Eritrean. (Point to note if he does get dead over there he can’t rape anyone, it’s a win win) 

Not at all. Now you’re making stuff up pal 😁 

Said numerous times I’d like to see him deported. I’ve also said before that our rape laws & sentencing are weak. I don’t agree with the judge. You’re just looking for wins again by putting words in my mouth. Just have a discussion, it ain’t that hard.

Not all our judges & laws are weak, but clearly there are some that are weak in his case.

I’m only asking for more details so I can try & I understand why it’s happening. Our Home Secretary also said we need more transparency. 

It’s hypothetical, but if we were to start sending prisoners who’ve already served justice , who were then killed. That could raise legal issues. Could it be changes in the law we need to prevent judges being cautious? Or is it as simple as judges acting too soft? 

Edited by London Wanderer

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Said numerous times I’d like to see him deported. I’ve also said before that our rape laws & sentencing are weak. You’re just looking for wins again by putting words in my mouth. Just have a discussion, it ain’t that hard.

Not all our judges & laws are weak, but clearly there are some that are weak in his case.

I’m only asking for more details so I can try & I understand why it’s happening. Our Home Secretary also said we need more transparency. 

It’s hypothetical, but if we were to start sending prisoners who’ve already served justice , who were then killed. That could raise legal issues. Could it be changes in the law we need to prevent judges being cautious? Or is it as simple as judges acting too soft? 

What more details do you need. A man who sexually assaulted a kid isn’t being deported because of some piss weak laws and judges. It shouldn’t matter if the Eritrean government confirmed he would receive the death penalty when he’s back. Thats his and their problem.

You really shouldn’t need anymore details. A kid has been sexually assaulted. End of.  

• Site Supporter

There would be no legal issues if the deportation order was part of the sentence.

It should be accepted as part of anyone's admittance here, that if they commit such a heinous crime, that they will be deported. 

If they're supposedly fleeing from a tyrannical regime, then surely they'd want to assimilate and behave accordingly in their new found paradise. If they don't, then fuck em.

Trebuchet. 

7 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Said numerous times I’d like to see him deported. I’ve also said before that our rape laws & sentencing are weak. You’re just looking for wins again by putting words in my mouth. Just have a discussion, it ain’t that hard.

Served justice for that particular crime. If he’s getting killed for avoiding conscription that’s on their grounds. 

21 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Finding it quite amusing to see the high level law expertise displayed on this thread. 

Who knew we had the next geberation on KC's frequenting the board.

Almost as amusing as watching you on the politics thread. Almost. 

who knew we had the next generation of Corbyns and Abbots on WW

56 minutes ago, royal white said:

Exactly. 

This fucker has been challenging this for years, I highly doubt he’s paid for it either. 

How anyone can agree with the judges is baffling and worrying. 

Some judges make mistakes, no doubt about it (appeals courts are there for a reason).

However, as has been pointed out above, the judge may well have applied the law entirely correctly if there was sufficient evidence that deportation would be a risk to this criminal. In which case, the decision might have been correct legally, even if it stinks from a moral standpoint.

If that’s the case, your frustration may be better aimed at the law makers.

17 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Some judges make mistakes, no doubt about it (appeals courts are there for a reason).

However, as has been pointed out above, the judge may well have applied the law entirely correctly if there was sufficient evidence that deportation would be a risk to this criminal. In which case, the decision might have been correct legally, even if it stinks from a moral standpoint.

If that’s the case, your frustration may be better aimed at the law makers.

Pretty much where I’m at with it.

Don’t know what the situation is with this particular case. But plenty judges are attacked & accused of weakness when they’re only following the law.

Often by people with no legal expertise whatsoever 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Pretty much where I’m at with it.

Don’t know what the situation is with this particular case. But plenty judges are attacked & accused of weakness when they’re only following the law.

Often by people with no legal expertise whatsoever 

Like people attacking military tactics or pro footballers or politicians with no expertise in any of those professions whatsoever 😂👍

• Site Supporter

Judges can only act within the law, and as stated previously; folk think the laws are too weak.

That said, some of the sentences handed out do appear lenient, even when the guidelines are being followed.

You don't need legal expertise to observe and form an opinion, though clearly it helps to consider all aspects in reaching one.

Strangely, on many many aspects of society, folk tend not to consider the big picture, and politicians utilise that.

Those same politicians who will introduce legislation that judges and lawyers have to follow.

26 minutes ago, royal white said:

Like people attacking military tactics or pro footballers or politicians with no expertise in any of those professions whatsoever 😂👍

Aye 😂

Plenty military experts criticising Israel last week. Even they agreed to rein it in & get some more aid in. All this after your reassurances over enough trucks getting in 😉

Hope you didn’t know any of the lads involved from your time in service 👍

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye 😂

Plenty military experts criticising Israel last week. Even they agreed to rein it in & get some more aid in. All this after your reassurances over enough trucks getting in 😉

Yes but you’re not 🤦🏻

1 was a mate of a mate 👍

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye 😂

Plenty weren't.

Those that were explained that the Israeli approach is different than what we would do, and as such disagreed with it.

Largely centred around the issue of aid.

An example of opinion being formed from a narrow scope of observation. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Plenty weren't.

Those that were explained that the Israeli approach is different than what we would do, and as such disagreed with it.

Largely centred around the issue of aid.

An example of opinion being formed from a narrow scope of observation. 

Nobody was defending what happened last week. They hit them 3 times in a row. Absolutely disgusting.

And an AI system with a ratio of 15 innocent civilians to 1 low ranking Hamas fighter. Nearly 200 dead aid workers. IDF soldiers acting against orders. It’s a bloody mess. Damn right folk have been highly critical of it. More to it than just aid, that’s for sure.

The IDF provide us with a lot of intel though & have helped us foil attacks in the past. So not as simple as withdrawing support, if they make the advised changes. 

8 hours ago, royal white said:

You sound like a young Tommy R 

I'll take the 'young' as a compliment, cheers xx

7 hours ago, gonzo said:

I watched Lille v Marseille the other day and they had visit Rwanda adverts on the flashy light hoardings whizzing round the pitch.

Can't be that bad if they are advertising weekends away.

You should get on it mate.

All over it, mate. 
It's all-inclusive and free, I just bill the government £175,000 for each seat I fill on the plane.

Which gives me another thought, why doesn't Sunak get Ant & Dec to give these asylum seekers a seat on the plane to Florida, but actually dump them in Rwanda?

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

Here he is, the forums politician. 2 packets of wine gums deep no doubt 🤪

Doesn't bother me action man. Just been watching a documentary on the South Bank with my folks (headmaster and a chief examiner for the GCSE English papers)

Enjoy your little pool xx

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Doesn't bother me action man. Just been watching a documentary on the South Bank with my folks (headmaster and a chief examiner for the GCSE English papers)

Enjoy your little pool xx

Amazing. That’s the coolest story I’ve heard all day. You should work in sleep therapy 😴

• Members
8 hours ago, royal white said:

Would/could he commit again? That should override both of those. This case has been going on for years. I’m guessing if the Eritreans wanted his family dead that would have happened a long time ago. 

Theres no reason at all, not a single one, why he should be allowed to stay. 

Does anyone really care that lowlife scum like this 'might be killed' if he was sent back?

FFS, I don't.

• Members
5 hours ago, royal white said:

Almost as amusing as watching you on the politics thread. Almost. 

who knew we had the next generation of Corbyns and Abbots on WW

FFS, he's not that bright! Costello and Abbot maybe?

• Members
29 minutes ago, royal white said:

Amazing. That’s the coolest story I’ve heard all day. You should work in sleep therapy 😴

He'll be off for dinner soon with some well known (in a fifth of Camden) producer friend with an infallible barometer of other folks political persuasions. You watch.

The ultimate name dropping chardonnay sipper.