Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (A)


Biggish Dave

Recommended Posts

Fully deserved 3 points that. We looked so dangerous 1st half and could have been 4-0 up on another day. Shoretire oozes class, best footballer on the pitch. Dempsey is in the form of his life and Big Vic looks like a solid signing. Brilliant afternoon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic 3 points at a place which isn’t a gimme, great performance level too. 
 

when you take in to account Tuesdays circumstances the energy was superb. Especially from Dempsey and Bradley again. High energy and high quality. 
 

the on going criticism is about the chance conversion. Look at it the other way and, eventually you know we’re going to score because we create that many gilt edge chances. Whilst it’s frustrating the worry would be if we weren’t creating chances. 
 

whatever has brought John back in to the frame, kiss and make up, lack of interest, whatever, I don’t care. He’s needed. Composure, balance and quality he brought in that 2nd half. 
 

onwards and upwards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

What’s going on with the fixtures ? We play 7 games in feb and 7 in April and possibly 8 with a Wembley trip but only 3 in the whole month of March 

Only 1 game lost, would be 4 games but its an international weekend 25th March so we rearranged Plymouth game in anticipation of it being called off.  I'm more bothered by the 4 consecutive Saturdays with no game, I'll have the shakes by the end of that period with Saturday footy withdrawal.  I'd be surprised if that's ever happened in my lifetime of watching.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Victor A Debut - looks good, good movement and potential, reckon he's going to do well for us

Cameron Jerome - He's a target, and what we need in the middle, looks huge! Very impressed with that debut, albeit a short cameo

Declan John - Played ace, hoping that whatever has happened so far this season is behind him, baring in mind Williams was on the bench and could have been put on ahead of him.

Morleys free kick! Just, wow.. every team we play now will be doing everything possible to stop him getting the ball about 25-30 yards out. His confidence is going to go up and up..

Shoretire, is going to be brilliant, hoping me can be that platform he needs to show what he's capable of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Only 1 game lost, would be 4 games but its an international weekend 25th March so we rearranged Plymouth game in anticipation of it being called off.  I'm more bothered by the 4 consecutive Saturdays with no game, I'll have the shakes by the end of that period with Saturday footy withdrawal.  I'd be surprised if that's ever happened in my lifetime of watching.  

Sheff wed on a Friday night as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Sheff wed on a Friday night as well 

Yes that's one of the 3 in March.  Also Exeter away on a Friday, not an adequate substitute for me.

When I get up on a Saturday it just doesn't feel right if we don't have a game, and 4 on the trot is taking it too far! (yes there are bigger things in life to be concerned about).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Victor A Debut - looks good, good movement and potential, reckon he's going to do well for us

Cameron Jerome - He's a target, and what we need in the middle, looks huge! Very impressed with that debut, albeit a short cameo

Declan John - Played ace, hoping that whatever has happened so far this season is behind him, baring in mind Williams was on the bench and could have been put on ahead of him.

Morleys free kick! Just, wow.. every team we play now will be doing everything possible to stop him getting the ball about 25-30 yards out. His confidence is going to go up and up..

Shoretire, is going to be brilliant, hoping me can be that platform he needs to show what he's capable of. 

Shoretire looks great, we’re going to have some fun out of him.

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Many charlton fans saying were the best they’ve seen this season. Hopefully we’re starting to click… 

If we can stay close to the performance levels today I think we’ll beat anyone in the league. That was as good an away performance I can remember excluding the missed opportunities!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Did quite well considering we let one of our best players go on loan to orient!!!!    

Some real bells on fbook

He served us pretty well.

Who knows, may come back.

But he's gone for the time being, so time to concentrate on those we do have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get drawn into Twitter spats with those idiots all the time and I should know better. People saying shoretire wasn’t strong enough for league 1 football based on that game against us in Papa John’s… he more than disproved that today. The Santos vs Aimson debate is bizarre. Santos pocketed Bonne today and all the Charlton fans are raving about Rico. People also saying they’ve no idea why we’ve brought Jerome in… too old etc. None of them actually have a clue. I think based on the half an hour today that Adeboyejo is gonna be some player for us… he looked quick and great at shielding the ball. Built like a brick shit house too… his arms and legs are huge. Really looking forward to him and Charles forming a partnership. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

If we can stay close to the performance levels today I think we’ll beat anyone in the league. That was as good an away performance I can remember excluding the missed opportunities!

Agreed. We did miss some chances, but we made them as well. Charlton broke well, but they always left plenty back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.