Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (A)

Biggish Dave

44 minutes ago, Traf said:

Evatt's LWB pecking order when all fit and no loanee restrictions...

Iredale
Williams
Beck
Sadlier
Johnston
John

I’d have Williams below them all on current showing. In fact, I’d have MJ ahead of Randell from what I’ve seen so far.

7 hours ago, tomski said:

Agree. We plumped for a cb in his position when needed.

Evatt went for height as they were putting in loads of crosses Johnston knows how to defend that position which is why he was brought on.  As an attacking threat we had nothing so make sure you keep the back door shut which we did so decision vindicated 

6 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

Evatt went for height as they were putting in loads of crosses Johnston knows how to defend that position which is why he was brought on.  As an attacking threat we had nothing so make sure you keep the back door shut which we did so decision vindicated 

He got done about 3 times within 5 minutes of coming on to be fair. I’m not knocking him as it’s not his position but he was hardly a brick wall down that side when he came on.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He got done about 3 times within 5 minutes of coming on to be fair. I’m not knocking him as it’s not his position but he was hardly a brick wall down that side when he came on.

Yeah. Logic for many years of football had said you play in your position. I saw it as a bit of a gamble. That said it was one that paid off with a clean sheet.

On 22/01/2023 at 23:12, kevsta69 said:

Looking forward to this one. Another new ground.Will be 69/92 Also my daughter lives in London so can go to this together. Driving down silly o clock Saturday morning. Anyone recommend any decent away pubs ?

There are some fine ones around London Bridge Station, including at Borough Market, easy / quick to get train down to ground from there. 

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

I was drinking wine there last season as the only other options were Fosters and John Smith's 

Jesus. I'll have to secrete some miniatures about my person.

(I normally just give them to Junior to hold)

• Members

Want a win as always but this one means more. One of the walking football lads down here is a 'Valiant' and has been giving me a bit of 'banter' over the last few days.

COYFWM. Another Barnsley away type result would be greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think it’s Wycombe we have to watch because they’re just primed to jump into the top 6 at the expense of us or Barnsley and both have games in hand so a win would be a really good result on Saturday.

Wycombe and Peterborough- Peterborough go over us if they win both games in hand. We need something Saturday and I would take a draw the way Charlton have turned things round