Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Macc Saturday

anyone going

I'm not going to either Rochdale or Macc, but i do wonder at which game the second string will turn up. Seems a bit unfair on the fans who are going to one or the other or even both to not let people know if they will be watching the stiffs.

I'm not going to either Rochdale or Macc, but i do wonder at which game the second string will turn up. Seems a bit unfair on the fans who are going to one or the other or even both to not let people know if they will be watching the stiffs.

i'm guessing it'll be a mix of both in either match.

6.90 return ont train from Walkden, roughly 7 or 8 of us going

What time?

BTW I know it is only a couple of quid but if you buy a cheap day ranger it is ?3.80 but runs out 2 stops before Mac. Even if you need to buy a ticket for the rest of the journey it's only ?1.20.

• Site Supporter
What time?

BTW I know it is only a couple of quid but if you buy a cheap day ranger it is ?3.80 but runs out 2 stops before Mac. Even if you need to buy a ticket for the rest of the journey it's only ?1.20.

That's a mornings pay for some on here you patronising get.

What time?

ty for the info, we are leaving walkden around elevenish

Pub on the corner of the away end is obviously the nearest but it has always been for home fans only (or at least it was when we went watching them on a regular basis a few seasons back) - for a pre-season friendly though this surely will not be the case?

Its a bit of hike to town though with the only one near being the Golden Lion on Moss Lane

* edit - thinking about it, sometime after my mate moved from Macc I think I recall this pub being closed and/or demolished.

Edited by YATESY

Pub on the corner of the away end is obviously the nearest but it has always been for home fans only (or at least it was when we went watching them on a regular basis a few seasons back) - for a pre-season friendly though this surely will not be the case?

Its a bit of hike to town though with the only one near being the Golden Lion on Moss Lane

* edit - thinking about it, sometime after my mate moved from Macc I think I recall this pub being closed and/or demolished.

Yep, that pub is no longer. There is a bowling alley just past the ground that serves beer and there is 1 or 2 small local boozers on the walk from the station.

Best bet is to stay in Macc then get a taxi up to the ground.

Went in a cracking little pub last visit there in '02.

Think it was the Waters Green Tavern. Come out of station and cross lines into town square and its on left hand side going up the hill opposite.

The descrip[tion on beerintheevening of the Castle Inn might tempt others on here though.

"this is a great little pub stuffed with brasses. Decent beer too"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.