Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trance Music

Spider

Only seen Emery and Aly & Fila that I recall before so should be an interesting night with plenty of older stuff. A lot of people I know have sold their Saturday tickets to do the Friday instead, which is Eddie Halliwell instead of Gareth Emery and a full Hard House room with Lisa Lashes, etc....

Wonder if I'll make it to the afterparty...  :shiftyninja:

Only seen Emery and Aly & Fila that I recall before so should be an interesting night with plenty of older stuff. A lot of people I know have sold their Saturday tickets to do the Friday instead, which is Eddie Halliwell instead of Gareth Emery and a full Hard House room with Lisa Lashes, etc....

Wonder if I'll make it to the afterparty... :shiftyninja:

Think I'd do the same tbh! That will be bouncing in there.

Great to see these events kicking back off again.

You can shove your house,prog house and drub and base shite right up your fucking arse.

• 1 month later...

Santurary tent - seen better mobile discos

:D

Should've seen it later on when half bowlers/maxims circa 2001 were bouncing about all over the place haha

Not really my cup of tea nowadays but they know how to have it that lot.

• 2 months later...

3 favourite sets of mine that id love to go back and witness again in this country were.

PVD Crasher From Russia with love M E N Arena

Eddie Halliwell at Godskitchen Air Birmingham

Mauro Picotto at Tall Trees Yarm (took my italy shirt and he signed it whilstplaying)

Honoury mention to Lisa Lashes saw her randomly at a Good Greef night at either Manc Academy or 53 degrees Preston. Either way i was deaf till the following saturday

Good times, couldnt hack a 3/4 hr set these days i dont think

• 1 month later...

http://mixmag.net/feature/dr-adam-winstock-let-clubs-be-honest-about-drug-use-so-they-can-educate-people-and-save-lives/4

Absolutely bang on article about the failed war on drugs and bullshit zero tolerance nightclubs.

I can't believe we're still having this debate in 2016. I think it's safe to say that nightclub and drug culture is thoroughly embedded in our countries identity. Banning 18 year olds from Fabric and getting folk to take their shoes off is going to do dick all. That's what your gooch is for! :-)

I can't believe we're still having this debate in 2016. I think it's safe to say that nightclub and drug culture is thoroughly embedded in our countries identity. Banning 18 year olds from Fabric and getting folk to take their shoes off is going to do dick all. That's what your gooch is for! :-)

Aye, was chatting about this with someone this week.  I honestly don't think weed and pills would do any real harm to society if properly controlled like alcohol.  Be less harmful than that anyway!

Surely they could be taxed so win win isn't it?  That said, my clubbing and pill popping days feel like they were in another life :) 

Aye, was chatting about this with someone this week. I honestly don't think weed and pills would do any real harm to society if properly controlled like alcohol. Be less harmful than that anyway!

Surely they could be taxed so win win isn't it? That said, my clubbing and pill popping days feel like they were in another life :)

I wouldn't go down the route of legalising Class A's - but I'd consider decriminalising possession for small amounts. And having a much more hands off approach at clubs and festivals - having free testing kits about so that people can see whether they're going to inadvertently poison themselves because some backstreet chemist has been cutting corners. The nearest we've got to this at the moment www.pillreports.net

It's inconceivable to me that weed is still illegal - I suppose the counter argument to that is that encourages smoking tobacco and the strains are a lot stronger than they used to be.

I wouldn't go down the route of legalising Class A's - but I'd consider decriminalising possession for small amounts. And having a much more hands off approach at clubs and festivals - having free testing kits about so that people can see whether they're going to inadvertently poison themselves because some backstreet chemist has been cutting corners. The nearest we've got to this at the moment www.pillreports.net

It's inconceivable to me that weed is still illegal - I suppose the counter argument to that is that encourages smoking tobacco and the strains are a lot stronger than they used to be.

Looking from the outside in and I don't know a lot about these things but are you really going to test a drug before you take it

How would a test identify a pure e or lsd from shite ones? Surely that would need the perfect formula in the first place and does anyone know that?

On the last point, totally.  If you actually weigh up the pros and cons its a no brainer, as they say!  You don't even need baccy, really and they can control the strains!

I'd think about legalising pills but not Coke it's far too moreish :)  They have a similar system in Holland don't they?

Moderation, as in all things, is key.

Looking from the outside in and I don't know a lot about these things but are you really going to test a drug before you take it

How would a test identify a pure e or lsd from shite ones? Surely that would need the perfect formula in the first place and does anyone know that?

Thing is, if it's legal and controlled then the testing should already be done.

You don't test your Ibuprofen or antibiotics do you?

No I don't but they are legal and are produced in a controlled environment, rules to adhere to etc

The point I was making was the reference to people having drug testing kits to check the quality

If you've got nothing to compare it to how do you know it's decent?

Of I'm correct it's usually a small testing kit you pop a bit of yer pill/powder in the tester and if it turns a certain colour all is good, a different colour is brasso

The kits will tell you whether or not what you've got in your pocket actually contains the chemical you hope it does. And roughly what strength it is. You just chip a tiny bit off and then mix it with some fluid - it turns a different colour depending on what's actually in it and goes darker depending on the strength.

So if you've paid for MDMA and then it comes up positive for ketamine (or something bizarre you've never heard of) - then at least you can make a more educated decision on whether you're going to neck.

• Moderators

The kits will tell you whether or not what you've got in your pocket actually contains the chemical you hope it does. And roughly what strength it is. You just chip a tiny bit off and then mix it with some fluid - it turns a different colour depending on what's actually in it and goes darker depending on the strength.

So if you've paid for MDMA and then it comes up positive for ketamine (or something bizarre you've never heard of) - then at least you can make a more educated decision on whether you're going to neck.

I reckon a decent majority would just go fuck it, I've got it now, might as well just have it

Getting dealers to test before you sell them, that's the future..

• Moderators

And one of the reasons I hardly ever smoke weed anymore is because it's just far too strong these days, a bag is likely to send me nuts as I can't leave it alone and end up on it every night

Would love to be able to just walk into a shop and buy a couple of medium strength spliffs to go with a few beers at the weekend

No I don't but they are legal and are produced in a controlled environment, rules to adhere to etc

The point I was making was the reference to people having drug testing kits to check the quality

If you've got nothing to compare it to how do you know it's decent?

I know and you're right!  I was just getting at how you wouldn't have that complication if they were legal.  Which is obvious, I suppose?

Edited by madthatter

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've bought pills in a club. Always taken my own in. Maybe a pill testing booth outside the club could be an idea, or make pill testing kits readily available elsewhere.

Not sure I'd be diving off mid set to slam half a pill in a testing booth. Especially when they cost £10 each :D

Like I've said on this subject before and that Mixmag reports says above, you will never , ever stop people taking drugs in nightclubs, concerts or festivals.

Last time I went to WHP it was like getting out of Alcatraz. Row after row of police, 3 different search points and lines of sniffer dogs at each one sniffing every single person.

I still got 5 E's in there, and judging by the crowd so did they. That's about 10,000 E's that will have got through the doors that night.