Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

Another snippet from BLM U.K. web site 

https://blacklivesmatter.uk/about-us/

Black people have the fundamental right to live, be educated, have equal opportunity to work, access to health care and services, and to be treated as equals within all societal systems, institutions and social settings. despite over 400 years of black residency in the UK the treatment of black people is not on par with white people, regardless of the laws of the land; race and equal rights acts created to protect from racial discrimination are hardly worth the paper they are written on.

Perhaps I’ve read it wrong but are they insinuating that in the U.K. a black person doesn’t have the same right to live, be educated, have equal opportunities to work, access to healthcare and services as a white person? Its just too big a stretch for me to accept that this is the case in the U.K. 

Perhaps the work one driven by a few rogue individuals as hiring managers but on the whole most organisations don’t give a shut about skin colour (particularly the big firms), it’s hard enough finding the right person as it is 

Its certainly way beyond a simple ‘anti racism message’ 

Edited by birch-chorley

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

This

From the UK BLM web site 

Protesting is a Human Right

Both in common law and the Human Rights Act 1998

Article 11 of the European Convention of Human Rights provides freedom of assembly. This means that every individual, regardless of cause has the right to protest, march or demonstrate in a public space.

Just now, birch-chorley said:

The players kneel, the fans boo, crack on 

The main discussion point on Saturday was, are Millwall right to boo or not, many people indicating that it’s a racist act 

The players should be able to support whatever they want but the fans should be allowed to object given it’s a highly divisive political subject

if you pay you have an opinion

no body has any time for racism here 

its archaic but some people IMO just want to stir stuff  (god knows why)

but our Saturdays at matches are a form of escapism ,we dont need any kind of politics to take over and destroy our entertainment

i  havent seen a politician of any party in either house TAKE THE KNEE  before the start  of proceedings

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

but the dont want them to kneel 

do you spend your whole day shuffling about like Toulouse Lautrec

yah fucking idiot

I don't give a fuck whether anyone kneels or not. It's up to them. I certainly wouldn't abuse a person for kneeling down., and I'd think anyone who abused that person for kneeling definitely had "issues".

Yah thick fuck.

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

From the UK BLM web site 

Article 11 of the European Convention of Human Rights provides freedom of assembly. This means that every individual, regardless of cause has the right to protest, march or demonstrate in a public space.

This is perhaps a separate discussion, but - is a football stadium a public space, legally?

I'd argue not.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I don't give a fuck whether anyone kneels or not. It's up to them. I certainly wouldn't abuse a person for kneeling down., and I'd think anyone who abused that person for kneeling definitely had "issues".

Yah thick fuck.

so what is this all about 

no politicians kneeling before the start of proceedings

but a bunch of footballers and there stupid tribal supporters need to get their acts together

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

From the UK BLM web site 

I think you're deliberatley ignoring the words "public space". 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve yet to see one club come out and say “our players are in no way kneeling in support of BLM, it’s not something the club supports”

Why should they? Does your boss release statements about your personal beliefs?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

so what is this all about 

no politicians kneeling before the start of proceedings

but a bunch of footballers and there stupid tribal supporters need to get their acts together

This may come as a surprise to you - Footballers are not Politicians...

40 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The whole discussion is predominantly about Millwall fans.

Youve been offered reasons as to why they booed, youve been offered the situation that occurred afterwards. You choose to ignore any of this and just say those that booed or anyone else that opposes the taking of the knee is a full blown racist.

You been offered valid reason why people think it shouldnt happen. Again not good enough. 

Regarding the wider issues, again you ignore all valid reasons as to why we probably shouldn't be soley focussing on just this part of racism. Again you ignore this. Time and time again birch provides data and facts to suggest theres more to the debate that just white privilege rules.

Your getting offended on somebody elses behalf. 

Open your mind. 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Why should they? Does your boss release statements about your personal beliefs?

Because it’s fairly obvious from this thread and what’s been happening around the country that many people are under the impression that the kneeling is for BLM, if the club came Out and denounced it surely it would then be clear. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Because it’s fairly obvious from this thread and what’s been happening around the country that many people are under the impression that the kneeling is for BLM, if the club came Out and denounced it surely it would then be clear. 

I don't think this thread has much impact on the wider world mate. What if clubs came out and said "We and the players do not condone vandalism or graffiti"? Would that be enough?

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I don't think this thread has much impact on the wider world mate. What if clubs came out and said "We and the players do not condone vandalism or graffiti"? Would that be enough?

You asked why should the club come out say that. It’s quite a simple answer just for you. Some Fans of some clubs think kneeling is supporting BLM, how hard is it for the club to say kneeling is  not? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

You asked why should the club come out say that. It’s quite a simple answer just for you. Some Fans of some clubs think kneeling is supporting BLM, how hard is it for the club to say kneeling is  not? 

So every club in the league should release a statement in order to appease lazy/ignorant/racist fans?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

oi cheesy whats it

channel quest have been on about our slo mo film for you tube 

you , me stardust n unicorns

NIC says meet by the Lowry and we are good to go

👍