Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AI is coming for us

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Avoid it like the plague along with Facebook, Twitter and all of the others.

Idiots sacrificing their privacy are just that. Idiots.

Just as an experiment, I googled you  and found your entire employment history in five minutes flat including a rather bizarre photo in your linkedin profile, just from info you've given up in here.

Yep idiots indeed.😀

It is amazing the stuff that you can find about people on social media, its like people don't realise. As @mickbrownhas pointed out, I know people who say they never go near Facebook etc, yet they have a profile on LinkedIn. When interviewing anybody, I always see what their digital footprint is, and what they've been up to. I've declined to see people just because I didn't like what I've seen on the web.

For instance, I wouldn't employ Clayton Powis, because Clayton Powis is a racist

50 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Just as an experiment, I googled you  and found your entire employment history in five minutes flat including a rather bizarre photo in your linkedin profile, just from info you've given up in here.

Yep idiots indeed.😀

I bet you've gone out and bought a blue shirt just like it 🙂  -  he will though now be able to see that you've been looking at him (not that I'm sure you're overly bothered)

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I bet you've gone out and bought a blue shirt just like it 🙂  -  he will though now be able to see that you've been looking at him (not that I'm sure you're overly bothered)

He's chubbier than I thought

The beach towel on the trifle pic must have been covering his gut.😀

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Are you saying there are people out there who don’t have a burner LinkedIn account so they can snoop anonymously?

Amatuers

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Ani said:

Linked In has the highest % of bull shit on 'tinternet ( maybe apart from dating sites)

There are some real tools who think posting bollox makes them great potential employees.

It stinks of desperation 

I'm no fan of it, full of humblebrags and nonsense etc but its helped me recruit people and secure a job over the pandemic, plus there are some people in my sector who I do follow as they post some really interesting articles from elsewhere that I woudn't have seen.

As with all of this stuff, its as useful or as useless as you require it to be.

17 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm no fan of it, full of humblebrags and nonsense etc but its helped me recruit people and secure a job over the pandemic, plus there are some people in my sector who I do follow as they post some really interesting articles from elsewhere that I woudn't have seen.

As with all of this stuff, its as useful or as useless as you require it to be.

It's useful for some of my work, it does annoy me when people start putting FB type things on there though

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Ani said:

I am off the Hall i'th wood to smash things up, all this progress will stop the world spinning. 

Problem is, if they punish you like they did back in the days of the revolt by home spinners who protested about automation of cotton and wooden mills you’ll end up at the gallows or worse, exiled to Australia.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Linked In has the highest % of bull shit on 'tinternet ( maybe apart from dating sites)

There are some real tools who think posting bollox makes them great potential employees.

Or employers

Para on para of motivational bollocks, great business insight etc

The one that gets me most is posts full of spelling mistakes

• Moderators

I use it to look at people who I'm on the phone with or sending an email to 

So I can visualise them as we communicate 

Only the women though 

Not arsed what the men look like

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

I use it to look at people who I'm on the phone with or sending an email to 

So I can visualise them as we communicate 

Only the women though 

Not arsed what the men look like

Very much so. 

• Members
15 hours ago, Sweep said:

He actually makes a fair point. I should have shut that fucker down a couple of years ago. Never look at it (funnily enough until this morning when I received a request from a WWays stalwart to 'join my network').

thickbrown wouldn't know where to buy one of those shirts matey. It is nothing you could go and buy in any shop. Hand made and not for the hoi polloi.

Bizarre photo? :rofl: That was requested by one of the worlds biggest miners as part of some publicity they were releasing about a new and somewhat revolutionary mine site. I only notice the gorgeous gearbox but those with a fixation................

Edited by bolty58

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, tomski said:

Interestingly I was told it was viewed with suspicion now if you don’t have an online presence in the job game. I have a LinkedIn and twitter. I only talk about the wanderers on either though ha.

I'd be suspicious of anyone who viewed it with suspicion 

Anyone with an active social media presence well spend all day fucking around on social media rather than doing work 

I wouldn't employ anyone so stupid 

I'd prefer my staff to do it without detection 

This Twitter account is ace by the way 

My old next door neighbour is a proper conspiracy theorist. He's retired now, and that's made him even worse I think. He doesn't seem to have any on line fingerprint at all, he claims to hate Facebook, but always seems to be looking at stuff via his wifes account. He used to be on LinkedIn, but when he retired from work, he deleted that. His "Alexa" at home always has the red ring on it, as he always has the microphone turned off, he thinks that the Government listen in on you (fuck knows what they make of him asking his wife "what's for tea" or some other such drudgery), he will turn it on every now and then to ask it a question or play some music, but once finished, the mic is turned straight off - he also always has his location turned off on his phone, as he doesn't want to be tracked.

He doesn't even connect his phone to his car, again, so he can't be tracked, as he thinks his BMW has the potential to spy on him, and he hates it when it does something "intelligent" like suggest a location to him

I may actually be doing him a bit of a disservice, and instead of him being a retired joiner, he may actually have actually worked for MI5 or been a double agent or something

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

He actually makes a fair point. I should have shut that fucker down a couple of years ago. Never look at it (funnily enough until this morning when I received a request from a WWays stalwart to 'join my network').

thickbrown wouldn't know where to buy one of those shirts matey. It is nothing you could go and buy in any shop. Hand made and not for the hoi polloi.

Bizarre photo? :rofl: That was requested by one of the worlds biggest miners as part of some publicity they were releasing about a new and somewhat revolutionary mine site. I only notice the gorgeous gearbox but those with a fixation................

But the fact remains I found your full name and places of work just from the shite you post on here in a couple of minutes.

I'm sure if somebody could be arsed they could find your address in a couple of minutes.

That shirt would drown me anyway you chubster😀

You're the spit of the landlord from Early Doors.