Big Sam to dirty Leeds?

Zulu

8 hours ago, Zico said:

City v Leeds tomorrow 

3pm kick off 

Live on SKY 

Is that a first?

Happened during Covid.

Be interesting to see where they squeeze all the new EFL screened games in under new deal. Spokesman said no Saturday 3pm slot, going to be some stupid KOs from Thursday to Monday I reckon to get five games in and not clash with Prem unless Sky thinking they won’t get a new Prem deal.

Just now, globaldiver said:

Outside of Covid, yes. They have made an exception as City requested max time to prepare for the CL match on Tuesday.

Mandatory change under UCL rules.

could have upset the scousers and made them swap the 1730 with Sunday but couldn’t take the whining 

Anyway just seen this on new deal with Sky

However, more matches will be available to stream, with six games across the Championship, League One and League Two set to begin at 12:30 each Saturday. 

49 minutes ago, green genie said:

Mandatory change under UCL rules.

could have upset the scousers and made them swap the 1730 with Sunday but couldn’t take the whining 

Anyway just seen this on new deal with Sky

However, more matches will be available to stream, with six games across the Championship, League One and League Two set to begin at 12:30 each Saturday. 

Speaking of scousers, great piece on Dixie Dean in today’s Telegraph. I didn’t know that he died at Goodison, at the final whistle of the only Liverpool Derby he attended as a fan.

Leeds losing 2 nil but that's not unusual for any team at City but there are signs that Leeds are  having a go, and their defensive shape looks a lot better. They've done OK so far.

Situation being helped by Haaland having an off day.

A resilient performance from Leeds overall - City were actually time wasting for the last 6 minutes which is something you don't often see. Leeds didn't really learn to adapt their defensive shape after the first goal and were punished plus they were not much of a goal threat but you could see Fat Sam's influence on the team and I imagine that performance will give them some confidence going into the remaining fixtures.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's a bit of a shame he accepted two impossible jobs at the end of his career

But I'm not about to feel sorry for him

100%. Although he must be seeting that Bamford's missed penalty against Newcastle has probably cost him £2m. 

If they had their heads on straight, they would. But I can't see it. The fans are out for the owner/CEOs blood, he won't anger them further by appointing Sam.

It'll be some bloke from Europe who was once the assistant manager of a guy who had a coffee with Marcelo Bielsa once.

From what I gather the Leeds fans are pretty supportive of Sam.

He's inherited an unfit bunch of fannies that cant take simple instruction. They are totally reliant on a weak as piss ponce up front that cant hit a cows arse with his violin.

The recruitment from Jesse Marsch was absolutely scandalous. Spent fortunes on utter crap.

• Moderators

Leeds fans won't want another prolonged spell in the championship 

Big Sam is proven at that level 

They have some decent players for that level  

Stick with him and they'll be challenging 

14 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Loads of their fans with BSA masks on the other day.

I reckon a propoetion would be happy for him to get the job- even if it was essentially just to get them up.

Whether he would want it long term though is a different question.

What’s long term int Prem?

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

4 games work, failed to keep them up, leaves with an extra £500k in his bank.

Stuff of dreams.

Apparently the bulk of the playing squad loved him. After the fckg shambles they'd been before I guess any form of organising would be welcomed.

Still, 1 point from 12 !

It's a vacancy made for Frank Lampard.