Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers TV

Wanderlust

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, FrancisFogarty said:

And as I said, less fans in the ground the less the atmosphere.

And more of the massive adverts that were draped over the seats. Who was it that sold cutouts to put in front of your seat. Make it look like you’re there?

I think you need to go the the previous page for some context. BWFC kicked a lad out of their subscription based video streaming feed. I think because he was receiving the club’s streaming service and re streaming to others for free. 

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I think you need to go the the previous page for some context. BWFC kicked a lad out of their subscription based video streaming feed. I think because he was receiving the club’s streaming service and re streaming to others for free. 

I know Micky. In a previous post I asked if the lad had stolen anything from the club and had he then passed it on ?

I didn’t know then, and I still don’t know if an offence had been committed.

28 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

I know Micky. In a previous post I asked if the lad had stolen anything from the club and had he then passed it on ?

I didn’t know then, and I still don’t know if an offence had been committed.

Would be a fairly textbook case of sharing copyrighted content without permission, I’d have thought. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Would be a fairly textbook case of sharing copyrighted content without permission, I’d have thought. 

I think that’s what my post probably alluded to. If Bolton are making money out of showing games then I’d say they probably look with disdain at those who cut them out of their income stream; even if not trying to make money themselves.

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

I think that’s what my post probably alluded to. If Bolton are making money out of showing games then I’d say they probably look with disdain at those who cut them out of their income stream; even if not trying to make money themselves.

It wouldn’t necessarily be due to the club missing out on money or more that they’d be worried about the EFL chasing them given the value of TV rights. See stuff being pulled down on Twitter all the time. 

• 2 months later...

With the new EFL broadcast deal coming into effect for the 2024/25 campaign, we can provide an update on how this impacts Wanderers supporters and the club’s in-house Wanderers TV channel ahead of the forthcoming season. 

Last year, EFL clubs approved a proposal put forward by the EFL Board and Commercial Committee to enter into a new five-year broadcasting deal with Sky Sports. 

This deal now means that over 1000 of the 1891 EFL games each season (EFL, EFL Cup, Bristol Street Motors Trophy) are set to be broadcast throughout the campaign. 

As a result, the club would like to provide some clarity on what it means for Wanderers TV. 

For supporters based in the UK and Ireland, Wanderers TV will no longer be able to provide live video streaming services to anyone based domestically – for any fixture. 

For Wanderers fans located internationally, live streaming will continue as per the 2023/24 season. This means that there will be seasonal, monthly and game-by-game availability for supporters around the globe to back the boys for every game. 

This was put in operation from 1st July 2024, with packages now available for the upcoming season for both streaming products and Wanderers TV packages, for supporters outside the UK. 

shouldn't be an issue for the scutters amongst us :D