Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham a

radcliffe white

24 minutes ago, Krimzon said:

yes , itv4 I think , last week it was goals only no discussions. 

Edit:  Just in case you'e got Dr Feelgood on ignore, That's the new format going forward

Edited by Gonk

Comprehensive, just like Lincoln we never got out of 2nd gear and never looked challenged.

The defence looks seriously impressive - Santos has started the season on top form (sometimes he needs a few games to get going) and I’m convinced that Iredale gives us more balance than Johnston because he’s better going forward - which seems to be helping Williams as well, where last year he was left to attack on his own.

The midfield just ran the game, Sheehan in games like that is almost untouchable, Dempsey is just Dempsey (worth £10m if Thomason is worth £1m) - Morley possibly the only player that doesn’t look quite at his best yet, but certainly not poor and still managed to grab an assist.

Best thing today for me though was the link up play from the front 2. Finally they looked like they were on the same page and there were a couple of times where a couple of 1-2s completely carved Cheltenham open. Vic is just starting to show what he can do - it’s not quite there yet but it’s coming, I’ve got a feeling that goal in the first game of the season could be massive in giving him the confidence to get going in the season.

Then you bring on the likes of Maghoma and Mendes and it shows the depth we’ve now got.

Bring on Fleetwood - I wouldn’t be surprised to see another 3-0 on this form (although would take a 1-0).