Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe A

radcliffe white

When we talk about bogey teams or whatever the opposite of bogey is, these 2 games are right up there.  We never even score v Wycombe never mind get a point, we always win at Charlton.  So far this season those patterns have been maintained: we've beat the teams we always beat -  Lincoln, Fleetwood, Northampton at home, Port Vale away; we always lose to Wigan, never beat Burton - both runs continued.  I can only see a defeat at Wycombe, they are everything we hate playing against, so anything will be a bonus.

Hard to generate any confidence for this fixture either from the evidence of this season thus far and our track record at Adams Park.

Our next three games are away from home ( to even up the massive disparity in our current record, 8 played at home and only 4 away). Once that lot is done we'll have a really good idea of where this season is headed. I'd say we are needing eight points from those four. 

• The topic was pinned
3 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Hard to generate any confidence for this fixture either from the evidence of this season thus far and our track record at Adams Park.

Our next three games are away from home ( to even up the massive disparity in our current record, 8 played at home and only 4 away). Once that lot is done we'll have a really good idea of where this season is headed. I'd say we are needing eight points from those four. 

Are you counting Blackpool in those 4?  Effectively 4 aways with our record against a big away following 😀 I'd take anything above a point a game average from those 4 if they all stay 11 v 11, every point or goal will be hard earned. 

37 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Are you counting Blackpool in those 4?  Effectively 4 aways with our record against a big away following 😀 I'd take anything above a point a game average from those 4 if they all stay 11 v 11, every point or goal will be hard earned. 

Then we have Oxford A and Pompey A - five out of six away in the league with Blackpool being the home game - take 12 points now

48 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Cambridge will be postponed 

Oh yeah, forgot about that, bloody internationals.

I read they were going to merge the October & November international breaks into one 16 day break, basically a mid season break for most teams/players, that will be fun 🤨

Lots of games against the current top ten between now and Christmas so we need to be at it starting tomorrow. Decent team Wycombe so we can't afford to be taking our foot of the gas, sloppy workrate/passing or lacking discipline any more - I've had enough of that cocky shit and am hoping to see some serious effort, quality and professionalism from our lads. They need to start working harder for their money now.

Edited by Wanderlust