Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Joey Barton

royal white

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Anyway

One things for certain, he’s fuck all chance of any mainstream work now, so it’s a lifetime of bellowing on Twitter or comparing widgies with Matt Le Tissier and Right Said Fred.

He’ll be an obscurity fairly soon, the ranting will soon become parody.

Probably didn’t have much chance anyway along with the 1000s of other former pros. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

WTF are you on about. Seriously have a look back. All I want to know is what job hasn’t he been able to get? 

What a weird thing to focus on. As you say, nobody knows - but he's definitely burned any bridges he had regarding future employment in football, whether it be management or punditry. I'm sure he's set for life anyway.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

What a weird thing to focus on. As you say, nobody knows - but he's definitely burned any bridges he had regarding future employment in football, whether it be management or punditry. I'm sure he's set for life anyway.

It’s not weird, someone has said it so I thought he might have had some info, obviously he didnt. I’m guessing with his rants he had no intention of going into future employment in management or punditry.  That said I wouldn’t be surprised if he was offered a gig in Saudi paying more than what he’d ever earn over here. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, royal white said:

Probably didn’t have much chance anyway along with the 1000s of other former pros. 

Sky are showing 1000 matches next season 

There's room for everyone

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Correct, however they won’t use everyone. Factamondo with a cherry on top. 

Well they won't use Barton that's for sure

Joey Barton will never work again in mainstream media or any level of coaching.

Before he started acting a cunt on twitter he was actually pretty fashionable. Bristol fans liked him and he was on various media platforms including question time a few years ago.

His behaviour on twitter over the past few weeks has destroyed anything he had.

Any job offers that may have come his way or any he may apply for are now gone.

The guys a dick. The only work for him now is his own podcast. He'll earn about 3p off it.

What a dick.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Joey Barton will never work again in mainstream media or any level of coaching.

Before he started acting a cunt on twitter he was actually pretty fashionable. Bristol fans liked him and he was on various media platforms including question time a few years ago.

His behaviour on twitter over the past few weeks has destroyed anything he had.

Any job offers that may have come his way or any he may apply for are now gone.

The guys a dick. The only work for him now is his own podcast. He'll earn about 3p off it.

What a dick.

Did he ever work in mainstream media? 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I've genuinely no idea what the point is you're trying to make.

You've no idea either.

People are saying he won’t get a job in the media again. Do you think he would be making these rants if wanted a job in the media? Really? 

People are saying he can’t get a job. He’s been employed pretty much all his adult life. 

I know my point, it’s a few others who have no clue what they’re talking about .

Edited by royal white

Just now, royal white said:

People are saying he won’t get a job in the media again. Do you think he would be making these rants if wanted a job in the media? Really? 

People are saying he can’t get a job. He’s been employed pretty much all his adult life. 

I no my point, it’s a few others who have no clue what they’re talking about .

Id say hes making these points in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and point people to his new podcast.

He sounds like hes pissed off and angry at the world and doesn't give a toss how many bridges he burns. 

He may have been employed all his life but hes fucked that now.

The guys a prick. Hes always been a prick. Everybody knows hes a prick and he even knows hes a prick himself.

Hes caused trouble everywhere hes ever been. 

Only his Mum and bizarrely you would ever defend him.

Hes a prick. If he wasnt good at football he'd be dead or in prison.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Id say hes making these points in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and point people to his new podcast.

He sounds like hes pissed off and angry at the world and doesn't give a toss how many bridges he burns. 

He may have been employed all his life but hes fucked that now.

The guys a prick. Hes always been a prick. Everybody knows hes a prick and he even knows hes a prick himself.

Hes caused trouble everywhere hes ever been. 

Only his Mum and bizarrely you would ever defend him.

Hes a prick. If he wasnt good at football he'd be dead or in prison.

Im not defending him I’m highlighting the stupidity of yours and others posts. You said he won’t get a job again because of a few tweets. Yet he appeared on QT and had numerous jobs after he had been jailed for assault, stubbbed a fag in a kids eye whilst dressed as Savile, fighting fans in Thailand, in fact the list is endless. 

He says a lot people will agree with and a lot some won’t. He’s covered all angles left right and centre! 

Edited by royal white

• Members
13 hours ago, Sweep said:

I'm hoping he'll have been stabbed to death before then

That is fucking low and you know it. Surprised that sort of thing is allowed on here.

'Liked' by a moderator. FFS.