Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)

Did anyone see my lad being detained and handcuffed outside the away end after the game, I know he shouldn’t have bitten at the dickhead port vale  fan with a straw hat on , who was abusing anyone, if you did please pm me if you let me give your details to put a complaint into gmp, I have a port vale fan who saw what happened and complained to the police at the time about the behaviour of “officer “ involved.

thanks in advance

Edited by victor meldrew
Spelling

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Did anyone see my lad being detained and handcuffed outside the away end after the game, I know he shouldn’t have bitten at the dickhead port vale  fan with a straw hat on , who was abusing anyone, if you did please pm me if you let me give your details to put a complaint into gmp, I have a port vale fan who saw what happened and complained to the police at the time about the behaviour of “officer “ involved.

thanks in advance

Was your lad the bigger chap with the black stone island jumper?

We where going back to hotel when verbals and a bit of shoving started. As I turned around before going into the hotel I saw someone get in front of the bloke with the hat on then the ob moved in as I was going in hotel. The lad with black SI was PV. 

1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

thanks in advance

Was your lad nicked or just briefly detained and released? 

Edited by C86

3 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Detained then released, question can a copper take his phone and wallet off him without consent?

Did he give it him back ?

If so, did he delete anything or forward anything on to himself/police, or remove & keep anything from the wallet ?

If he returned it & it's 'no' to the rest then yes, he can. 

18 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Detained then released, question can a copper take his phone and wallet off him without consent?

Surely thats only when your charged down at the Bobby station.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, burnden said:

Crikey, long and convoluted, but am I right in thinking it may have been wrong to confiscate in that situation?

Can't see how the phone could have been relevant to the potential "crime" as the info suggests it must be?

My understanding is. If you are being detained, and the police have good cause to detain you, then the powers the police have are greater. I don't know how far that goes, and if it involves confiscating personal items. If they don't have good cause then they are on a sticky wicket. BWFC/Hotel security cams and police body cams could help. Either way if you are going to pursue it they will be checked. Personally I think it's not worth it. But I wasn't part of it.