Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decision Time

Exiled Girl

I'm about to spend some money and can't decide who to give it to. Should I go for:  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

It's a tricky one, I pay the gas bill as soon as it arrives as you get a decent discount on the next bill. But you have missed that so no rush.

Just paid my council tax for this month and next month, informed the woman that that was so I don't have to come to this god forsaken shithole again [-( It's a ragging disgrace, the good people of Bolton, queueing up to pay their council tax mingling in the "One Stop Shop" or "One Stop Shit Hole" as I called it, with the ragging scroungers, smackheads and dropouts. Heads should roll.

I may pay the gas bill & argue the toss over the discount as the bill only arrived on Sat - cheating b*stards.

Didn't realise you lot had to pay your council tax & mingle with riff-raff. Luckily we can pay council tax over the net. They're always trying to get you to set up direct debits but I won't after Monmouth council wouldn't cancel mine when I moved away. Bank couldn't cancel it on my say so either. SO no more direct debits for this woman.

I may pay the gas bill & argue the toss over the discount as the bill only arrived on Sat - cheating b*stards.

They're always trying to get you to set up direct debits but I won't after Monmouth council wouldn't cancel mine when I moved away. Bank couldn't cancel it on my say so either. SO no more direct debits for this woman.

Change your bank - they're liars. YOU set up a direct debit instruction - YOU cancel it - they have to do as YOU say. end of.

just paid me gas bill (thought I'd better as the last one got paid two months late) and thus I found myself, after queuing for ages, at the PO counter saying "can I pay this please". ragging hell, you could hear a pin drop - it was like the boozer scene out of American Werewolf in London when they ask about the pentagram on the wall. The idea that someone would be in there paying summat in instead of cadging money out; after a few minutes the spell broke and a low murmer descended - grubby grandmas shaking their heads in disbelief before grabbing their wedge and scuttling off to Safeways to buy scratchcards; tracksuited dossers tut-tutting before nipping off and spending their disability money on Kestrel Super; mums barely out of school pushing a couple of prams on their merry way to spending their family allowance down at the ciggy counter at Forbuoys. And one of the crones behind the counter was so shocked when she realised what I was doing she missed the form she was trying to stamp; "you made me miss my stamp; I never miss my stamp...".

"Keep to the road lad" someone shouted as I hurried out - "beware the moors".....

Guest bradders
It's a tricky one, I pay the gas bill as soon as it arrives as you get a decent discount on the next bill. But you have missed that so no rush.

Just paid my council tax for this month and next month, informed the woman that that was so I don't have to come to this god forsaken shithole again [-( It's a ragging disgrace, the good people of Bolton, queueing up to pay their council tax mingling in the "One Stop Shop" or "One Stop Shit Hole" as I called it, with the ragging scroungers, smackheads and dropouts. Heads should roll.

Carlos - can you not pay by Direct Sebit or Standing Order?

Bradders,

Actually organised where outgoing expense is concerned.

• Moderators

Carlos - can you not pay by Direct Sebit or Standing Order?

Bradders,

Actually organised where outgoing expense is concerned.

Absolutely, although I'll be fucked if I'm letting the bungling incompetents that are Bolton Council access to my bank account. These are the evil cunts that charged us ??2.56 when my Grandad was in a coma in hospital as he managed to hang on into the new council tax year, and they insisted that they would take us to court if we didn't pay up. Words fail me.

I have a Direct Debit with Bolton Council and never had one problem.

Not had a problem with any DD come to think of it. Would never choose another method of paying bills. If your bank start giving you shit if you want to close a direct debit, then threaten them with closing the account.

Thanks for your help, all! I see nobody thinks the council tax is top priority.

And for those who've never had problems with direct debits - must just be me who gets people taking out 2 payments in one month, taking ??11,000 instead of ??11 and so on ](*,)

Like I said, set up as few as possible. I have a "bills" savings account so I put the money away & pay the bill whenever. That means I get the interest & not them - bastards.

Councils - hate 'em. Bunch of idle good-for-nothings who need to get a job in the real world where you have to work the hours needed to get the job done - none of this flexitime mullarky and wasting money on things that most people in the borough don't need or use.

glad its not just me who feels embarrassed in a post office queue, what with me being the only one out of say 30 in the queue who is actually giving the staff some money rather than taking it off them.

A while ago I got a Telewest bill that overcharged me by about 60 quid. At the time I had 2 bank accounts, one of which had ample money in to cover the direct debit in order to pay Telewest the true amount. Telewest took the incorrect money out of the account, as when they fcuk a bill up they very kindly don't just give you the money back, they take the amount off the next bill. Now, because of this I went overdrawn with the bank with no overdraft, hoping to shut that account down ASAP and move the direct debit to my one remaining account.

For going overdrawn without an overdraft, through no fault of my own remember, I incurred a ??37 pound charge. Anyrode, I trots down the the bank that will remain nameless (ABBEY NATIONAL) and appealed against the 37 quid charge, firstly threatening to close the account. This was not successful, so becoming more irate I explained that if they didn't waive the charge I would clod bricks through the windows and that would cost them more than 37 quid to mend.

Eventually they let me off and I shut the account down anyway a day later. :D/

Shithouses the lot of them.

• Site Supporter

I do everything direct debit to avoid SatanGreavsie's scenario, that would just piss me off more to see every other red ginger taking money out to burn when i am fuckin being robbed.

Council Tax is the biggest fuckin joke ever, my bin men wont empty our bin if the lid wont close fully and they wont bend down and pick up anything outside the bin!!! ](*,)

Plus my BRITISH gas bill came yesterday, and up until now it was estimated (coz they red ginger be arse coming out and reading the meter?) and they undercharged us, but this quarter (at fuckin xmas!) they decide to make up that difference and the gas bill is THREE times the usual! Hence i went to www.buy.co.uk and changed to npower :D

Now Mrs Sanchez has a mobile contract with Orange that is paid for on direct debit. The contract allows free off-peak calls to other Orange users. She then realises that the money has gone out of the account before receiving the bill and the amount is twice as much as normal.

When the bill is received, they have charged her for the calls that should have been free. Having contacted Orange they said that they knew of this problem before they deducted the money, but still did it anyway. They would not refund the money but said they would deduct it from the next bill.

This led to being overdrawn and suffering subsequent charges, bastards.

Now Mrs Sanchez has a mobile contract with Orange that is paid for on direct debit. The contract allows free off-peak calls to other Orange users. She then realises that the money has gone out of the account before receiving the bill and the amount is twice as much as normal.

When the bill is received, they have charged her for the calls that should have been free. Having contacted Orange they said that they knew of this problem before they deducted the money, but still did it anyway. They would not refund the money but said they would deduct it from the next bill.

This led to being overdrawn and suffering subsequent charges, bastards.

sue the fuckers. They had absoultely no tright to take it. Or better still, ring Alan Beswick on GMR

you are quite right to sue them.

their actions has caused you a 'nuisance', a real term loss, so under basic laws of tort they are negligent and therefore can be sued.

go via the small claims courts and you may make an application for costs as well.

spunktrumpets the lot of em.

When it comes to the crunch - there is no point in being polite with any of these nobgoblins as it doesnt get you anywhere - you have to be a moaning pussy, which is now what I am and you usually get things sorted out.

I had a problem with a hotel i booked with lastminute a while ago so i complained. They offered me a complimentary fruit basket as a way of compensation. I complained to that many people and sent so many emails I ended up with 3 lots of vouchers from 3 different employees - ended up with ??80 which i spent on 2 cases of wine ! Just stick to your guns.

My latest Victor Meldrew habit is when you get those fuckin Bank loan/credit card leaflets with the freepost envelopes in, i stick in something i think they might be interested in - like a takeaway menu, advertisements for a local gardening service, window cleaner, bettaware and pop it back in the post for them.

Hopefully they enjoy reading them as much as i enjoy reading there stuff.

• Site Supporter
My latest Victor Meldrew habit is when you get those fuckin Bank loan/credit card leaflets with the freepost envelopes in, i stick in something i think they might be interested in - like a takeaway menu, advertisements for a local gardening service, window cleaner, bettaware and pop it back in the post for them.

fuckin top idea, i think i'll do that from now on!

When it comes to the crunch - there is no point in being polite with any of these nobgoblins as it doesnt get you anywhere - you have to be a moaning pussy, which is now what I am and you usually get things sorted out.

I had a problem with a hotel i booked with lastminute a while ago so i complained. They offered me a complimentary fruit basket as a way of compensation. I complained to that many people and sent so many emails I ended up with 3 lots of vouchers from 3 different employees - ended up with ??80 which i spent on 2 cases of wine ! Just stick to your guns.

and i am sure that gets straight to the boss, rather than some poor sod probably paid the minimum wage who has to open the letters, because they would rather have a job than sponge on benefits.

if you do not want mail why not just tick the do not mail box when tou apply for something then if they do mail you can demand compensation and as they have infringed their data protection licence they will pay up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.