Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

sportspersons dinner 2006.

brixton

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm seeing the charity I have mentioned previously, on Wednesday. I'll find out what help they can offer. obviously, if we aren't bothering with them this time, I will let them know, but I'm quite certain I'll be doing the parachute jump now for their charity - after discussing with her-indoors.

I'm happy to help out with the dinner in anyway necessary.

Think the responsibilities should be shared out equally between as many people as possible.

Reet,

I`m hoping to annonce something within the next couple of weeks about place, date, speakers etc. As for the charities there`ll be 2 or 3 the same as year and probably a couple of new ones. We`ll take a vote on the site to decide. I do not think that any money raised such go to this sites bandwidth or the w/ways allstars, but if you disagree let me know.

Thanks for the offers of help and its much appreciated. I`ll be in touch.

For the time being we`re looking for:

A venue

Speaker(s)

Raffle prizes

A sponsor

Auction items

If anyone can help can please get in touch.

I do not think that any money raised such go to this sites bandwidth or the w/ways allstars, but if you disagree let me know

Brixton and everyone else for that matter,

The charity money goes to charity not the site that's the way it has been and that's the way it will remain.

If you PM with a figure for sponsorship I will speak to our friends at

TV & Video direct

Reet,

I`m hoping to annonce something within the next couple of weeks about place, date, speakers etc. As for the charities there`ll be 2 or 3 the same as year and probably a couple of new ones. We`ll take a vote on the site to decide. I do not think that any money raised such go to this sites bandwidth or the w/ways allstars, but if you disagree let me know.

A venue

Speaker(s)

Raffle prizes

A sponsor

Auction items

Little Lever Cricket Club

Reet,

A venue

Speaker(s)

Raffle prizes

A sponsor

Auction items

Little Lever Cricket Club

Smiley reckons The Ukranian club is ok.

I do not think that any money raised such go to this sites bandwidth or the w/ways allstars, but if you disagree let me know

Brixton and everyone else for that matter,

The charity money goes to charity not the site that's the way it has been and that's the way it will remain.

You don`t have to tell me i`d sooner cancel the dinner than let that happen.

Okay, I'm seeing the charity I have mentioned previously, on Wednesday. I'll find out what help they can offer.

FFS sake how many times do you need telling? ](*,)

Met the lady from the charity this morning.

Hypothetical, I know, as they are not the chosen the charity - but in cases like ours they expect to help out with promo posters, tickets, auction items - chasing sponsors and donations, etc. Seems like they do a hell of a lot of the stuff that ends up on Brixton's lap.

Begs the question - should the chosen charities not be offering this level of service?

Anyway, the parachute jump looks like it will be going ahead any weekend between March & November - but probably around May/June. I'll not go into it too much just yet.

I'm sure a lot of people are wondering this, so I'll just ask the question.

Smiley, apart from wanting to shag this certain charity's events co-ordinator, why the massive interest in this one particular charity. Do you have a vested interest ie have they helped you, your family or any of your friends?

We know why Mike Hunt does such sterling work for Visionaid, I was wondering why you seem so keen.

Okay, I'm seeing the charity I have mentioned previously, on Wednesday. I'll find out what help they can offer.

FFS sake how many times do you need telling? ](*,)

Met the lady from the charity this morning - if you met her - you'd be wanting to help. (Hubba Hubba). Jay could probably confirm this - as he popped his head around our door.... twice this morning!

Hypothetical, I know, as they are not the chosen the charity - but in cases like ours they expect to help out with promo posters, tickets, auction items - chasing sponsors and donations, etc. Seems like they do a hell of a lot of the stuff that ends up on Brixton's lap.

Begs the question - should the chosen charities not be offering this level of service?

Anyway, the parachute jump looks like it will be going ahead any weekend between March & November - but probably around May/June. I'll not go into it too much just yet.

So we let this womans charity do all the work then its not our dinner anymore. Superb idea that mate.

First thing tomorrow i`m on the blower to Derian house and i`m going to tell them to stop looking after sick children and get some of them nurses out selling raffle tickets for the sportsmans dinner. ](*,)

Tell her she can sort next years dinner out and you can help her.

I can volunteer some sponsorship money or prizes or whatevers needed from my company. I think we ended up sponsoring the tickets last time, but I was away & couldn't go anyway.

Also, I can confirm that Smiley's attempts to get mediquip for kids supported are entirely honourable!

Also, I can tell you that Gary Skyner is one of the best comedians you could ever have. I saw him at the Reebok on the night after the Besiktas game & he was very very funny - & that was coming from someone who was stone cold sober (I was still very ill from getting up early in Istanbul the same day). If you can still get him, get him booked.