Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Energy Prices - who is the cheapest?

Apparently now that all of the major suppliers have finally announced their increases - who would be the best supplier for my electric, gas and telephone?

Currently with British Gas for all 3 (though the phone bill nows comes from OneTel / TalkTalk). I get duel fuel and direct debit discounts already, whilst my phone bill also receives discount cos of who supplies my electricity.

To be honest we hammer both gas and electric in our house - currently paying out around ??60 a month in electric and ??50 in gas. Phone bill is neglible at ??5-??10 per month.

Any ideas?

• Site Supporter

christ! ??110 for gas n electric!

mine was ??63 on scottish gas dual fuel, but i was seriously over paying, so now it ??8 for the pair...

im guessing the half way between would be correct...

my house is 3 bed semi, with 2 of us living there... we have no fire so the rads are on almost full whack all the time...

Apparently now that all of the major suppliers have finally announced their increases - who would be the best supplier for my electric, gas and telephone?

Currently with British Gas for all 3 (though the phone bill nows comes from OneTel / TalkTalk). I get duel fuel and direct debit discounts already, whilst my phone bill also receives discount cos of who supplies my electricity.

To be honest we hammer both gas and electric in our house - currently paying out around ??60 a month in electric and ??50 in gas. Phone bill is neglible at ??5-??10 per month.

Any ideas?

Try this site:- http://www.uswitch.com/

• Site Supporter

oh and dont use uswitch, in my experiance they quote so low that you end up behind on payments and end up with a big fcukoff bill after 12months...

and npower are gary nevilles too...

scottish power, theyre the future i tell thee...

currently paying out around ??60 a month in electric and ??50 in gas.

??110 a month, what the hell are you doing? - have you checked to make sure that your neighbours haven't tapped into your supply? - or that you aren't paying for the floodlights at The Reebok!

I only pay ??50 for dual fuel, and I am in credit to a reasonable sum as well (I really must get my monthly amount reduce)

Having said that I only live in a 3 bed semi-detached and you may live in a great big palace

3-bed semi. 5 of us living there.

Conservatory with 2 oil-filled heaters (running on electric) does drain money.

Hairdryers! They piss me off!

No central heating - so our gas fire gets hammered as do our 2 gas heaters.

I'm forever switching things off after people! Does my head in!

British Gas fooked our original bill up and didn't charge for electric for about 3-6 months - so we ended up behind straightaway - hence we have been playing catch up for a while now.

Uswitch are recommended by Martin's Money Saving Tips.

But from what you lot are saying - Scottish Power.

Is duel fuel still the best way, or can you shop for cheaper options on both?

3-bed semi. 5 of us living there.

Conservatory with 2 oil-filled heaters (running on electric) does drain money.

Hairdryers! They piss me off!

No central heating - so our gas fire gets hammered as do our 2 gas heaters.

I'm forever switching things off after people! Does my head in!

British Gas fooked our original bill up and didn't charge for electric for about 3-6 months - so we ended up behind straightaway - hence we have been playing catch up for a while now.

Uswitch are recommended by Martin's Money Saving Tips.

But from what you lot are saying - Scottish Power.

Is duel fuel still the best way, or can you shop for cheaper options on both?

I'd suggest you join the 20th century and get GCH installed. :D

And get some energy saving ideas too.

http://www.house.co.uk

Seeboard is the cheapest at the moment but Telecoms Plus (Energy Warehouse) has been and will be the cheapest in the long run. Breightmet Boy is an ex-British Gas salesman and in the know. Telecoms Plus give more discounts per service Gas, Electric, Telephone, Mobile. Very Good company and easy to switch to. Im a happy customer :D

Seriously, the issue of energy saving is becoming even more important.

Our cheap, stable gas supply is no longer. Can't rely on other countries to continue it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4804504.stm

In periods of peak demand we're going to be struggling very soon. The government is already shitting themselves about the issue.

Our company was interviewed this week in connection with storing gas in salt caverns near Fleetwood. This is a scheme previously shelved which has now suddenly reappeared.

And don't forget about a third of electricity is generated by gas powered stations.

Any ideas?

Go on www.Uswitch.com

they hold all suppliers prices

your best option with any supplier is Duel Fuel by Direct Debit you shud be gaining at least 10 - 12 % discount

or the capped tariffs

Scottish Power also offer the option of letting you read your own meters and then fill in the information on-line, this takes even more money of the bill.

Yer yu can set up an online account with a discounted rate ..... but to be honest its that much your saving price wise ......

You dont get any bills / correspondence through post ! you can enter and make any adj to your accounts within reason.

I would say the capped rate for 2010 is the best option at the moment.

You will need to know your annual consumptions before asking for a price quote from other suppliers............

Then work out in kwh how much you have actually used agianst the quote for each company

Abit lenghty but it guards agianst false figures and quotes

Scottish Power also offer the option of letting you read your own meters and then fill in the information on-line, this takes even more money of the bill.

Yer yu can set up an online account with a discounted rate ..... but to be honest its that much your saving price wise ......

You dont get any bills / correspondence through post ! you can enter and make any adj to your accounts within reason.

You will need to know your annual consumptions before asking for a price quote from other suppliers............

Then work out in kwh how much you have actually used agianst the quote for each company

You go girl!

I did mention you'd be up for this thread up atthe beginning & you haven't let me down!! I'm hearing the word....anorak!! :D

You go girl!

I did mention you'd be up for this thread up atthe beginning & you haven't let me down!! I'm hearing the word....anorak!! :D

Anno , i saw it , you know im a clever girl and know my stuff !!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.