Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Paul Robinson

• Site Supporter

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...1241903,00.html

Trotters & Toffees tracking WBA star

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce is pondering a move for West Brom left-back Paul Robinson - but will face competition from Everton for his signature.

The Trotters chief is looking to reduce the average age of his squad and admits he wants to sign 'hungry' and 'strong' players this summer.  

Robinson certainly fits that bill and the 27-year-old hardman was one of Albion's most consistent players last season.  

The Baggies dropped out of the top flight but boss Bryan Robson was so impressed with Robinson's contribution that he urged England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson to take a close look at him on several occasions.  

Bolton's first-choice left-back is Ricardo Gardner but veteran striker Henrik Pedersen was forced to fill in several times last season.  

With that in mind, Allardyce wants more competition in that position and has plenty of money to spend this summer, having had an ??8million bid for Crystal Palace hitman Andrew Johnson rejected on Monday.  

Albion insist they are under no pressure to sell their star players despite their relegation to the Championship, but an offer in the region of ??3million may interest Robson, especially as he has Neil Clement on the books at The Hawthorns.  

If Bolton were to lodge a bid, Toffees boss David Moyes could also register his interest as he is keen to provide stiffer competition for Alessandro Pistone at Goodison Park.

PLEASE NO!!! this lad is complete and utter shite! i think we were linked earlier in the season, so i made a point of watching him. He is terrible, i lost count of the number of goals he cost wba.

surely this is just newspaper talk, sam would not be intresting in such a shite footballer [-o<

• Site Supporter
If Bolton were to lodge a bid, Toffees boss David Moyes could also register his interest as he is keen to provide stiffer competition for Alessandro Pistone at Goodison Park.

What's all this about? Are Everton only ever going to make a bid on players Bolton bid on? Pablo, is this the way they do business in the Blue part of Liverpool?

What's all this about? Are Everton only ever going to make a bid on players Bolton bid on? Pablo, is this the way they do business in the Blue part of Liverpool?

So no chance of it being the other way round.....we have been after Andy Johnson for over a year!

:D

• Site Supporter
If Bolton were to lodge a bid, Toffees boss David Moyes could also register his interest as he is keen to provide stiffer competition for Alessandro Pistone at Goodison Park.as he is keen to provide stiffer competition for Alessandro Pistone at Goodison Park.

So no chance of it being the other way round.....we have been after Andy Johnson for over a year!

Read the quote. If Bolton were to lodge a bid, Toffees boss David Moyes could also register his interest as he is keen to provide stiffer competition for Alessandro Pistone at Goodison Park.

That, to my eyes, says Everton are just following suit.

• Site Supporter
If Bolton were to lodge a bid, Toffees boss David Moyes could also register his interest as he is keen to provide stiffer competition for Alessandro Pistone at Goodison Park.as he is keen to provide stiffer competition for Alessandro Pistone at Goodison Park.

Read the quote. If Bolton were to lodge a bid, Toffees boss David Moyes could also register his interest as he is keen to provide stiffer competition for Alessandro Pistone at Goodison Park.

or its just complete and utter shite journalism...

Or that to my eyes looks like shocking journalism!!!!

Anyway, why would we want this guy......Pistone is our 3rd choice left back....competition for our 3rd choice ?!?!?!?!?

I rate him. Certainly one of their best players. Has struggled in the Prem in the past, but last season was tipped for England by Baggies fans.

Impressed me a lot throughout 05/06 and I wouldn't mind him as cover. Can also play at centre back.

• Site Supporter
I rate him. Certainly one of their best players. Has struggled in the Prem in the past, but last season was tipped for England by Baggies fans.

Impressed me a lot throughout 05/06 and I wouldn't mind him as cover. Can also play at centre back.

are you blind?

or are you thinking of neil clement?

paul robinson is about 5ft4 and can not play centre half...

simon charlton played at centre back and did well. Robinson was west broms best player last year and the only reason he seemed to be the scape goat for their goals was because he was the one doing all the work and taking command. that davies is completly overated and the only reason people want him is because west brom paid high money for him so he must automatically good

are you blind?

or are you thinking of neil clement?

paul robinson is about 5ft4 and can not play centre half...

Five foot four? Robinson's a monster. He always looks like he's about to kill somebody whenever he's on the telly. Don't fancy him in our back four much, mind.

• Site Supporter

Position: defender

Squad number: 3

Nationality: English

D.O.B: 14/12/1978

Birthplace: Watford

Height: 5ft 9in (1.75m)

Weight: 11st 6lb (73kg)

ok i was exaggerating, but 5'9 is not tall enough for a centre half imo

he's an inch shorter than me, 3lbs lighter and im like a streak of piss!

oh and look, he's 2 days older than me...

SO WOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU OR DO YOU WANT MORE ?????

There's no need for the cheek. And take fckin Caps Lock off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.