Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shepherd And Allardyce At Bolton

YATESY

Why was the club on the verge of a big profit ?

Is he is business man or a gambler ?

why has the ganble paid off ?

would the club not be worth more as a premiership club ?

You have your opnion, i am impressed by your willingness to post these views on a website, if i was happy i would get these comments moved in case of libel/slander.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dealing in business is a gamble. I think he's f?cked up this past year but I certainly don't hate him. He's provided a platform for one of the greatest decades of being a Bolton fan. It will be one of them golden eras written about in the 200 years anniversary ?t al. Glad to be part of it.

It's highly unlikely that he has a w?nk accountant, lets be honest about that. Has he taken thousands (why, if he is worth tens of millions, would he fart around with thousands?) or millions in profit? - who knows, but unless you have facts to back up that kind of statement, you should possibly keep that opinion to yourself, or certainly not put them down in writing on a public forum, lest his legal team take exception.

fuch him,as for certain comments well thats my view im sorry if it sounds bull shit but it came from my heart

• Moderators

if Alladyce did come back, how long would it take does reckon to get back in place everything that he took with him and that Lee / Megson disposed of!

personally, despite best manager we've ever had, am not that enthused by his return, am looking for something different next season, a new approach on the pitch at least

all the reports and rumours though whether it be sam or megson suggest it's going to be the same old

if Alladyce did come back, how long would it take does reckon to get back in place everything that he took with him and that Lee / Megson disposed of!

personally, despite best manager we've ever had, am not that enthused by his return, am looking for something different next season, a new approach on the pitch at least

all the reports and rumours though whether it be sam or megson suggest it's going to be the same old

we had that this season supposedly...

look what happened there

• Moderators
we had that this season supposedly...

look what happened there

aye, it was though implemented by an incompetent manager

and then we reverted to the old approach

and look what happened

We're still in big debt despite always being a selling club and PL football since 2001, so the board haven't been doing a very good job at all for years. Worst mistake they ever made was moving us miles away from anywhere - the heart & soul got ripped out of the club when that happened.

They floated us on the stock market too....which was a disaster.

I remember when they built the hotel and promised it'd make sooooo much money for us - it didn't.

Freddie Shepherd comes across as a c?ck - but I image he'd fork out a lot more than Eddie 'I'll give you f?ck all for them shares you bought' Davies.

And anyone who sacks/exterminates Megson is good for the club - we'll struggle to sell 8,000 ST's next year with him in charge.

Fact is the board have alienated a lot of fans now with stupid pricing, sh?t staff working at the club and just being generally fcking awful at everything.

If it wasn't for Big Sam we'd still be in the Championship now & would never have been on our Premier League/UEFA Cup adventure.....we should be happy for that.

Then again - rumours are usually just that - rumours.

Why was the club on the verge of a big profit ?

Is he is business man or a gambler ?

why has the ganble paid off ?

would the club not be worth more as a premiership club ?

You have your opnion, i am impressed by your willingness to post these views on a website, if i was happy i would get these comments moved in case of libel/slander.

if iwas happy i would ,why don't you just say your not happy with my comments you shit bag

• Moderators
As for criticising Eddie Davies with no substance whatsoever; have we run out of others to blame?

It's not the critisism of him that gets me, it's when it comes with no actual substance.

Worst mistake they ever made was moving us miles away from anywhere - the heart & soul got ripped out of the club when that happened.

I remember when they built the hotel and promised it'd make sooooo much money for us - it didn't.

Where else could they have built our stadium?? One of the best around and do you really think Djorkaeff, Okocha, Hierro, Campo, Diouf, Anelka would've been impressed by Burnden?! We're lucky to have such a wonderful stadium, and to have built it when we did before land prices went sky high.

The hotel does make money - perhaps not billions BUT alot more than ?0 if it was just an empty stand. I read somewhere we take around 70% of the profit on a hotel that expensive, popular and always has function rooms filled. It was a long term investment, for the club to make money all year round, not just matchdays.

if iwas happy i would ,why don't you just say your not happy with my comments you shit bag

so i am a shit bag ?

my point is that as the site owner Happy can be held responsible for such comments on the site. (sorry i used a lower case h for happy)

you are posting allegations based on your opnion with no facts to back you up.

Where else could they have built our stadium?? One of the best around and do you really think Djorkaeff, Okocha, Hierro, Campo, Diouf, Anelka would've been impressed by Burnden?! We're lucky to have such a wonderful stadium, and to have built it when we did before land prices went sky high.

The hotel does make money - perhaps not billions BUT alot more than ?0 if it was just an empty stand. I read somewhere we take around 70% of the profit on a hotel that expensive, popular and always has function rooms filled. It was a long term investment, for the club to make money all year round, not just matchdays.

In town! Where a stadium should be! We've been over this a million times....but we're talking about the stadium and not the actual retail park........the jawdees have a stadium slap bang in the centre for example, ant it's twice the size of ours.

If the hotel is making money...then it's obviously going to someone and not the club....and that was the argument for building it in the first place. And of course it's a long term investment - it's a f?cking hotel!

7 years in the Premier League and still ?35m in debt......hmmmmmm.

They need to clear out that boardroom and start from scratch.

• Moderators
so i am a shit bag ?

my point is that as the site owner Happy can be held responsible for such comments on the site. (sorry i used a lower case h for happy)

you are posting allegations based on your opnion with no facts to back you up.

Chill out, Mr McGoogle is on a week long vacation from WW. I await the abuse...

from memeory the hotel makes about 1 million a year, that money could be handy if/when we are relegated, could pay for 2 decent championship players.

Agreed, but then Jermain Defoe, Sol Campbell, David James, etc, don't seem particularly bothered by playing at Fratton Park. I expect the suitcase full of money that they lug home every month probably helps.

In town! Where a stadium should be! We've been over this a million times....but we're talking about the stadium and not the actual retail park........the jawdees have a stadium slap bang in the centre for example, ant it's twice the size of ours.

If the hotel is making money...then it's obviously going to someone and not the club....and that was the argument for building it in the first place. And of course it's a long term investment - it's a f?cking hotel!

7 years in the Premier League and still ?35m in debt......hmmmmmm.

They need to clear out that boardroom and start from scratch.

where in the centre?

Oh and you would not get planning permission for the Reebok or similar in the town centre these days without massive work on the town centre infrastructure costing possibly the same as the stadium again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.