Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jussi

• Moderators
so off one game...he should be our number one?? i bet you were one of the many that thought andranik was good after a game against doncaster and wigan!!!

jussi is a better keeper end of

hasn't had a lot to do, was what you said

when you admit you wrote some shite, we may continue the discussion

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jussi has proven his ability in his decade here.

I'd be delighted for him to stay. Al-Habsi has made some decent saves, none of which were as good as some of the saves Jussi has made in his time.

What's more, Al-Habsi doesn't fill me with anywhere near enough confidence regarding crosses, which he has flapped for on many occasions, his kicking is worse than Jussi's IMO etc.

Yes Jussi isn't the best at crosses and kicking, and Al-Habsi should improve, but I've no doubt in my mind who I'd rather have between the sticks. Some people are short sighted.

but I've no doubt in my mind who I'd rather have between the sticks. Some people are short sighted.

So you rather us be playing small team's like Wolves,PNE and Burnley next season then?

because that would have happened if Jussi would have stayed in goal.

I like Jussi a lot but AL Hasbi is now our number 1 and will stay our number 1 for a long time now. :yahoo:

• Moderators

It's probably worth pointing out the obvious fact that Real Madrid haven't come in for Jussi, and even though he's been able to sign on a free for another club for next season since January, he's still available.

• Moderators
So you rather us be playing small team's like Wolves,PNE and Burnley next season then?

because that would have happened if Jussi would have stayed in goal.

I like Jussi a lot but AL Hasbi is now our number 1 and will stay our number 1 for a long time now. :yahoo:

it would also have happened if a handful of al habsi flaps had been punished

There isn't a single save Al Habsi has made that Jussi wouldn't have done 99/100. They are both top class, but thats reality, his saves at Boro proved crucial, but you'd have expected him to save all of them.

Edited by Tombwfc

There isn't a single save Al Habsi has made that Jussi wouldn't have done 99/100. They are both top class, but thats reality, his saves at Boro proved crucial, but you'd have expected him to save all of them.

I agree with you for all apart from 1. The near post flick from Wheater from a corner. I wouldn't of expected him to save that, and wouldn't of blamed him at all if it went in.

As for the 2 I personally think it would be unfair to drop Al Habsi now after doing nothing wrong in his 10 games or so. He got his chance and took it, I would be glad to see Jussi stay, but for me he would have to sit on the bench for a while and wait for his chance to show that he should be in the nets instead of Al Habsi.

Guest quins
Did you go to Munich too? :mellow:

This would be the Munich game where with 5 minutes to go Al Habsi came charging to the edge of the area through a crowd of players for a cross that was never his and dropped it straight at he feet of one of their attackers? Everyone remembers the save he made (which was outstanding) but if they'd equalised due to his gaffe then some people would have been all over him for it.

End of the day they are both quality keepers; they'll be judged over training in the summer and on ability, not on the last few ames. Whoever starts the first game in goal will probably deserve it

boll0cks

rather than people posting youtube links of Jussi's greatest moments, lets have one that compares saves from his first 8 years at Bolton against some of goals he has let in over the past 18 months.

I counted numerous saves from Al Habsi at 'Boro and Chelsea when Jussi would have been on his knees reaching for shots that have gone over his head, where as Al Habsi stood tall and flicked them over or onto the bar.

Cas - it is a sign of how low Jussi's worth has fallen that nobody wants him - even now when he is available on a free

Bolty - I came round to Anelka...eventually but who lost his bottle on penalties and eventually stepped forward as the 7th out of 9 outfield players for Chelsea. He is in need of another boost to his career.

Bolty - I came round to Anelka...eventually but who lost his bottle on penalties and eventually stepped forward as the 7th out of 9 outfield players for Chelsea. He is in need of another boost to hisbank balance by securing yet another transfer.

• Members
Bolty - I came round to Anelka...eventually but who lost his bottle on penalties and eventually stepped forward as the 7th out of 9 outfield players for Chelsea. He is in need of another boost to his career.

I know mate and I agree. Many wouldn't want him back in a BWFC shirt but I'd have him back tomorrow (especially at a cut price!! :D ). I would hope the Reebok would be the boost he needed because I genuinely think he was happy (if he ever is) with us.

I'd have BSA back tomorrow too so my opinion doesn't really count for much :roll:

For the record, I would keep Al Habsi and let Jussi go. Never been convinced with Jussis ability to handle crosses and the 'knee thing' and I sensed that he wasn't giving his all in his most recent appearances. Al Habsi has been impressive in my view.

What's more, Al-Habsi doesn't fill me with anywhere near enough confidence regarding crosses, which he has flapped for on many occasions, his kicking is worse than Jussi's IMO etc.

Put your rod away...

You are fishing surely????????!!!

If Jussi is our number 1 next year - we are taking a very big backward step IMVHO

It's probably worth pointing out the obvious fact that Real Madrid haven't come in for Jussi, and even though he's been able to sign on a free for another club for next season since January, he's still available.

It`s also worth pointing out that NO club has come in for him. Not one. Not even Sheffield United or Hull, who are usually linked with our players coming to the end of their stints with us.

its also worth pointing out you haven't got a clue who is, or isn't 'in for him'

I do have a clue, that being that no-one has registered an interest. Or has he stopped with the quit threats simply because he`s had a change of heart ?

i repeat

you haven't got a clue

'registered an interest'

what does that mean in non tabloid speak?

You repeat ? Why, have you had sprouts for your dinner ?

And you haven`t got a clue that I haven`t got a clue.

It means contacted the relevant people with an enquiry.

• Moderators

you see, thats something else you don't know, because id just be guessing if i tried to work out wtf you were on about

fwiw, my understanding is that it would contravene the rules for anybody to have contacted harrison about jussi - cept a non-english club

theres no reason for anybody to contact the club, cos at the end of this (or maybe next) month bwfc become an irrelevance as he'll be a free agent

but aye, im sure you know the score, cept you don't know the club believe both city and blackburn have had discussions with harrison

you see, thats something else you don't know, because id just be guessing if i tried to work out wtf you were on about

fwiw, my understanding is that it would contravene the rules for anybody to have contacted harrison about jussi - cept a non-english club

theres no reason for anybody to contact the club, cos at the end of this (or maybe next) month bwfc become an irrelevance as he'll be a free agent

but aye, im sure you know the score, cept you don't know the club believe both city and blackburn have had discussions with harrison

Thanks for that. Harrison will have touted him all over Europe, that doesnt mean he`s been approached. He does the approaching.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.