Megson Out

mart32

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say you were that bad.

:D

FWIW, I didn't see the match and will watch football first before I pass judgement. It might be a bit of a radical idea for some folk to do that BUT I don't want to get my grey marl joggers out without evidence.

Thats exactly the point I had enough of Allardyce and his style of footall, the last 3 years under Allardyce the style progressively got worse now we have had nearly a season of the same from Megson, the crowds will continue to drop, cannot think of a time when I could not care less if I watched BWFC or not, and I am at that stage right now.

ive been with you man and boy mounts and for you to say this it must be bad .take care mate

Fact is Megson is here for 2 years at least, if we get relegated this season he will be given another year in the Championship to get us back up. If we stay in the Prem then he,s in the good books with the board & gets another year at it. I,m not panicking yet but I,ve said it before, we missed the right man when he was Manager of Birmingham & he WANTED to talk to bolton & he WANTED to come to bolton..

Steve Bruce was the right man then, is now, but will never be Bolton manager..

Fact is Megson is here for 2 years at least, if we get relegated this season he will be given another year in the Championship to get us back up. If we stay in the Prem then he,s in the good books with the board & gets another year at it. I,m not panicking yet but I,ve said it before, we missed the right man when he was Manager of Birmingham & he WANTED to talk to bolton & he WANTED to come to bolton..

:o

just got back; two shite teams but the view of the thames was good and the cumberland sausage at half time was different and I got kegged up, so it could be worse.

In reply to earlier comments, it aint just 4 games though is it. did we stay up because of him or despite him? I dont know, I'm pissed

• Members
this team is worst than last seasons its a joke :angry2:

I think that needs to be tempered by considering who we are unable to field. Have always believed Megson to be a particularly unambitious and negative appointment but been prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. That benefit will expire 12 games in.

Before anyone asks who I would replace him with, the truth is, I don't know. I'd probably give Curbishley a go (if he'd come up north). Wasn't that long ago he was in the running for the England job.

I think that needs to be tempered by considering who we are unable to field. Have always believed Megson to be a particularly unambitious and negative appointment but been prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. That benefit will expire 12 games in.

Before anyone asks who I would replace him with, the truth is, I don't know. I'd probably give Curbishley a go (if he'd come up north). Wasn't that long ago he was in the running for the England job.

I don't know meeself but were fucked mate.

Thank fook for Calton Radio. :D

Guest The Special One
megson out - but to what avail? give him a chance etc etc

we are down guarantee

Division 1 welcomes you Bolton Wanderers

give hima chance???????

F?CK OFF

Thats exactly the point I had enough of Allardyce and his style of footall, the last 3 years under Allardyce the style progressively got worse now we have had nearly a season of the same from Megson, the crowds will continue to drop, cannot think of a time when I could not care less if I watched BWFC or not, and I am at that stage right now.

Yes but Allardyce would have made a Youri or JJ type sugning rather than yet another lower league workhorse.

I said it when he arrived and nothing has changed Megson is a decent Championship manager but he isn't an Allardyce nor is he Prem standard.

Pay him off now before it gets to late because it will soon will be.

Yes but Allardyce would have made a Youri or JJ type sugning rather than yet another lower league workhorse.

I said it when he arrived and nothing has changed Megson is a decent Championship manager but he isn't an Allardyce nor is he Prem standard.

Pay him off now before it gets to late because it will soon will be.

Barring Shittu who exactly of Megson's signingscould be classed as a 'lower league workhorse'?

Have a whinge by all means but at least keep it based in reality.

| did'nt get a season ticket this year ..first time for 20 yrs, as I think Megson is a championship manager. I am doing away games only this season, however after the going to Fulham yesterday I might miss some aways!

no depth in our squad, we were only missing 3 first team players but had no capable replacements. Danny SHiTTUE will get us relegated. We got off with a blatant penalty he gave away

Megson OUT

Hmmm.........

Wigans long term manager left after many seasons of success.

Wigan then turned to said managers assistant, hoping that he'd continue the good work.

It didn't, and said assistant lasted 12 games, sacked after a home defeat to Chelsea.

Wigan then appointed someone to keep them up. He achieved 32 points from his games in charge to guide them to safety.

Wigan then managed 4 points from the first 4 games of the season.

Now, some of that sounds familar to me, except we didn't spend ?3mil on Megson.........

And as for the bollocks logic that when we win it's inspite of him and when we lose it's his fault, is pretty staggering really. How do we know yesterday wasn't inspite of Megson and Stoke because of him?

And which of these Youri/Jay Jay signings did Big Sam make for Newcastle? Joey Barton? Alan Smith?

FWIW, Curbs is a decent alternative. But only after 10 games at the very least. fcuk me even Sammy Lee got that. Four games in and we're doomed already.

Edited by Tombwfc

I was hoping Fabrice would be our saviour in what is definately the worst pool of midfield players ever in the premiership. He's had more ordinary games than impressive ones now so it's extremely worrying.

A few days ago we were told that if we are getting on Nolan's back we might as well give up. Yesterday he said everyone bar Gardner and Super Kev didn't play well.... can we give up now? ... it's the hoping we have improved from last season that's killing me.

Barring Shittu who exactly of Megson's signingscould be classed as a 'lower league workhorse'?

Have a whinge by all means but at least keep it based in reality.

Right barring the last 2-3 months of Allardyce's reign which for many reasons was difficult for all concerned, he was able to inspire the team to grab a win and at least go out and compete, example yesterday I lost count of the number of 2nd phase balls we didn't even try and win which is something under Big Sam's time was the core of our game.

Reality - so you think one player who is as yet totally unproven in the Premiership,Elmander, is enough to take on the teams who will be around us come the end of the season. Yesterday the 3 players who ran the show Bullard, Gera and Simon Davies where way ahead of McCann, Obrien and Nolan by some distance. Under Sam I would suggest we would have signed 1 maybe 2 of those players.

The point I am making is that Sam would have found the player to inspire the team such as JJ etc. He had the knack of finding players no-one knew about or thought would come to us.

If you think that those players will come and play for Megson then I suggest you give the Stell a rest because they won't.

I to watched the Northampton game and like many around me came out think oh sh*t. I haven't seen anything to change my mind yet.

• Site Supporter
Muamba was bought from a Championship side and is there to tackle.Is that a lower league workhorse?

Cohen

His best signing was Steinsson,Cahill is good but i wouldn't say was a bargain at ?5 million.How much did Allardyce pay for centre halves such as Ngotty,Thome,Faye and Ben Haim who were good enough for top 8 Bolton sides?Elmander looks a bad buy so far,he doesn't play enough.With such a crap forward line after selling Anelka and losing Diouf he should have bought two strikers rather than put all his eggs in one basket on someone who had never played in England.

sigh

Guest The Special One

Sober now and he has to go

We couldn't even muster a point at a vey poor newcastle where incidently hull won, failed to beat a relegation rival west brom at home and yesterday made fulham look like brazil.

Where was the pole????? he scored midweek, played 90mins so is obviously match fit yet not even on the bench

Sorry but Gavin Mccann is a liability yet megson cant see it and why in the last minute of injury time when nolan has a throw in instead of launching it into the box why does he throw it back to samuel who loses possession???

Megson aint got a clue

Sober now and he has to go

We couldn't even muster a point at a vey poor newcastle where incidently hull won, failed to beat a relegation rival west brom at home and yesterday made fulham look like brazil.

Where was the pole????? he scored midweek, played 90mins so is obviously match fit yet not even on the bench

Sorry but Gavin Mccann is a liability yet megson cant see it and why in the last minute of injury time when nolan has a throw in instead of launching it into the box why does he throw it back to samuel who loses possession???

Megson aint got a clue

Family bereavement

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.