Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Allardyce

mickbrown

I don't have 'such a problem'. I think it's a shame, and frankly a little embarrasing, that he is the first to shout for every job (Blackburn/Pompy/West Ham/Sunlun) with the same speech reeled out about great club/he can take them to the next level/etc. The same way he bleated for the England job and thereafter didn't give a f*ck about BWFC or it's fans.

Yes I did go to Burnden you cockjugglingthundercunt, I'm just not naive enough to think Allardyce was a saint and the only reason we got where we are. He was a part (a large part yes) of a very efficient machine from Chairman downwards.

2 questions

1) what flavor of crack do you smoke?

2) do you and frank spencer regularly spit roast phil gartside?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 questions

1) Vanilla

2) Not regularly, no

Allardyce did a great job. But he was not alone in that. He was trusted by a chairman to have a huge backroom staff and a steadily increasing transfer/wage budget. The backroom staff kept the players fit well beyond nature's intention (Bergsson, Speed, etc) and the whole thing was a very well run machine. To suggest it was purely one man and his dog is, quite frankly, pixie shit.

The way he "desperately needed a break" two games from the end of a season when europe was touch-and-go to all of a sudden find himself in the Newcastle job, to me and many others, is prick-ish behaviour. That does not mean, this is for you and mart, I think Allardyce is a failure, ever done anything, sleeps with donkeys or anything of the like. I just don't think he was perfect, and he could've handled certain things better.

2 questions

to be fair, I think that Tyler is actually talking a bit of sense on this issue. The way that Allardyce virtually begged for the England job, in public, showed disrepect to the club and the fans of the club he was managing at the time. And the success of Bolton Wanderers over the time he was in charge was not just down to him, Gartside has to take some of the credit as well.

to be fair, I think that Tyler is actually talking a bit of sense on this issue. The way that Allardyce virtually begged for the England job, in public, showed disrepect to the club and the fans of the club he was managing at the time. And the success of Bolton Wanderers over the time he was in charge was not just down to him, Gartside has to take some of the credit as well.

how did he disrespect the fans and club by putting himself forward for the england job???

i remember most Bolton fans wanting him to get the job

he was asked repeatedly in interviews would you like the job to which he answered accordingly.

lets not forget the england job is very high profile job with a lot of media attention

people on here make out as if he camped out on heathrow runway advertising himself

oh and he wanted to stay till the end of the season as he said on ssn it was gartside who made him go

how did he disrespect the fans and club by putting himself forward for the england job???
By continually talking about wanting the job, which showed his mind wasn't on the current job in hand. No problem with him wanting the job, but it smacked of desperation in the end. When he was asked about in in interviews, he should have shown a bit of class and said "Of course I'm interested, but my only concerns at present are with BWFC....blah,blah" - he didn't though, and always used the quesiton as a platform to further push himself forward

Let's be honest here.

Of the last two seasons he was here, he gave up at Christmas.

I've said the same myself.

In fact, the season before those 2 ended in February: 2 cup defeats in a week v Marseille and West Ham, coupled with Diouf's refusal to play after the ANC.

I think he'll fall on his arse.

would love it if he did. not that i hate allardyce or anything, i just hate sunderland, and want to see them crash and burn!

more chance of it happening to us to be honest, if they get anyone half decent in charge we will find ourselves below them this season i reckon.

Sign a centre-half and keep Owen fit.

That's the key to Newcastle's season.

The former will prove easier than the latter.

PS The centre-half is to play alongside Taylor, not as his replacement.

Sideshow Bob Coloccini Valderrama is slower than a oil tanker.

• Members

When we get folk on here with monikers like 'Samhater', it's no wonder others jack up in defence of BSA. Irrespective of what people think of his ego (which was an essential part of his success with us); his 'giving up at Christmas'; his wanting to move to a 'bigger club' etc., Sam Allardyce will go down as one of the most successful managers in the history of BWFC and, probably, our greatest manager ever in the Premier League.

I remain convinced that Europe would never have happened without him and, for that alone, he deserves more supporters than detractors.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.