Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cahill

Wheater can get in that England squad, then why cant Cahill.

Im not saying wheater is a bad player, but Cahill is not worse than him.

As Ani said, the point of friendlies is to possibly try fringe players.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not though, you need to prove it, you dont just get given a place in the England because potentially one day he could be better than other players !!!

Everyone can see he has talent, but take your white tinted specs off and really think about it. Have you at all looked defensively solid this season ??? any more than any other year ???

You have not been hard at all to beat this season, easier than I have ever seen you in the prem.

Now, how can a team with such a soft defence even attempt to boast one of the best defenders in the prem !?!?!

Good he may be, class one day he may be.....but now, their are 6 or 7 better English Center backs.

He isnt potentially better, he is Better NOW!

And that is all down to him? Dont talk utter shit. If it wasnt for him we would of taken a few more beatings and definatley conceded a lot more goals. The lad is class now and will get even better, the sky is the limit for him.

Pablo, you have done very well not to mention so far you think that 2 better defenders are everton players....

the point about cahill for me is that surely it is worth seeing how he looks in the squad, what does capello learn by having upson in a squad?

terry and rio will be first choice centre halves, so noe is arguing cahill should be playing but surely part of the reason for having a squad for friendlies in particular is to have a look at fringe players not always for the actula games but also how they measure up against the very top players.

for cahill it is hard to say how good he is given the players he is supported by.

what would be lost by including him in a squad? jagielka injured, carragher retired, woodgate injury prone, upson see woodgate,

I agree with everything you say, my response is to the over the top comments about how he its a disgrace him NOT being in the England squad.

Lescott and Jags are without doubt better players than Cahill, but its taken a player of the year season for Jags to get in that squad, likewise with Lescott previously, they didn't just walk in.

Upson is quality, but slow, and he is not far off 30, and only now is he getting England chances.

Rio and Terry are by far the best 2, then you have 4 or 5 that are about as good as each other.

Then you have Cahill, Davies, Micah Richards, Mancienne that fit into the "potential" group.

Potential is not enough to be put in the squad, match winning performances week in,week out is what Cahill needs to be delivering, for a full season, even more so than if he was at a bigger Club. Thats the unfortunate truth.

Quality Player and I can honestly see him still playing for us in 2 years time max. His potential is enormous and I honestly think he will become one of Englands greatest ever centre backs one day.

That's some statement that is! - I'm not sure he's quite that good

I agree with everything you say, my response is to the over the top comments about how he its a disgrace him NOT being in the England squad.

Lescott and Jags are without doubt better players than Cahill, but its taken a player of the year season for Jags to get in that squad, likewise with Lescott previously, they didn't just walk in.

Upson is quality, but slow, and he is not far off 30, and only now is he getting England chances.

Rio and Terry are by far the best 2, then you have 4 or 5 that are about as good as each other.

Then you have Cahill, Davies, Micah Richards, Mancienne that fit into the "potential" group.

Potential is not enough to be put in the squad, match winning performances week in,week out is what Cahill needs to be delivering, for a full season, even more so than if he was at a bigger Club. Thats the unfortunate truth.

I think the wheater comparison probably highlights the frustration.

'boro have a reputation for developping players, so he has found his way into the england squad.

we have a different reputation so cahill does nt get in, the sad thing is this means to increase the chance of recognition it is not unreasonable to think cahill has to think about moving at some point.

he ain't that good

He is

he ain't in the same caliber as ferdinand was at the time

He Is

Thats the funniest thing I have ever read!

:rofl:

You need to get out more. Watch The Inbetweeners... U might need to sit over your (stolen) potty whilst doing so though.

I think the wheater comparison probably highlights the frustration.

'boro have a reputation for developping players, so he has found his way into the england squad.

we have a different reputation so cahill does nt get in, the sad thing is this means to increase the chance of recognition it is not unreasonable to think cahill has to think about moving at some point.

Wheater had one call up, what a year ago ?? and has not had a sniff since....!

Not a bad player though.

Davies and Richards arent fit to lace his boots! Not seen enough of Mancienne to judge.

Cahill is easily Boltons best player.

He stinks of the John Terry mould.

We should make him MR. Bolton and guilt that fucker into staying.

EDIT - Then sell him to newcastle after he gets fat after having a kid and gets the fans back up!

Edited by coxy

EDIT - Then sell him to newcastle after he gets fat after having a kid and gets the fans back up!

f?ck that

he wont fancy being hounded out of the club ala Nolan

• Site Supporter

id say he was more of a rio (spit) ferdinand type player.

pure footballing centre half

A rare common theme on this thread - agreement that we do have a decent player.

My view is that he is quality, he coasted through the game on Saturday, made everything he did look effortless and was head and shoulders above the other players on the pitch.

Good enough for England - in my opinion yes. I posted after the West Ham game that whilst SKD terrorised Upson, Carlotn Cole hardly had a kick - no comparison in my book, Cahill is the superior defender.

Value has got to be ?10m+, but have a feeling that at the time he signed there was a clause in the contract that put a minimum fee of ?10m if he left, and that Cahill was the confident in his own ability he believed that this would not restrict his ambitions.

Long term contract would help, but as we know these days if the big boys come in, then there is not much you can do.

Is it me or is it Paper talk, as usual for this time of year, with regards to probably the best of our team.

Last year it was Nolan

Year before it was Anelka

Before that it was Stelios

etc... etc.. etc..

That is all I am saying it paper hype. If it happens then so what - he will be replaced by probably someone from our academy (cheap and trained to Megson style of the game), plus create even more "profit" for the club.

BUT, I can guarantee nothing will happen with regards to Cahill.

Is it me or is it Paper talk, as usual for this time of year, with regards to probably the best of our team.

Last year it was Nolan

Year before it was Anelka

Before that it was Stelios

etc... etc.. etc..

That is all I am saying it paper hype. If it happens then so what - he will be replaced by probably someone from our academy (cheap and trained to Megson style of the game), plus create even more "profit" for the club.

BUT, I can guarantee nothing will happen with regards to Cahill.

Don't you fancy him, then?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.