Guest Holly_Goodhead
in about 50 years we stayed up in the top division less than ten seasons

megson is responsible for 2

allardyce 6

greaves 1

in his first season, he matched allardyce

in his second, it looks like he'll better what allardyce did

and allardyce is the best manager we've ever had or likely to ever have

In exactly 50 years we have stayed in the top divisions 14 times and been relegated from it 4 times

1959,1960,1961,1962 and 1963 need to be added to the 9 seasons that we stayed up.

In 60 years we have stayed in the top division 24 times and been relegated from it 4 times.

• Moderators
In exactly 50 years we have stayed in the top divisions 14 times and been relegated from it 4 times

1959,1960,1961,1962 and 1963 need to be added to the 9 seasons that we stayed up.

In 60 years we have stayed in the top division 24 times and been relegated from it 4 times.

thanks for agreeing with my figures

in about 50 years we stayed up in the top division less than ten seasons

megson is responsible for 2

allardyce 6

greaves 1

in his first season, he matched allardyce

in his second, it looks like he'll better what allardyce did

and allardyce is the best manager we've ever had or likely to ever have

stanley, you are becoming a bit too pro megson !

using your figures he has inheritied the most established top flight team in our history, so should nt he do better than all the others?

If a few joke " Off Off " shouts get him so worked up he has to call for police and steward support, imagine what he might need if he were in Wenger or Benitez shoes at away grounds? The 3rd Cheshire Regiment?

Come on guys, I know he's your big hero but lighten up a bit.

If the ref threatened to send off any other manager in the prem then their fans would be telling the ref to fuck off and calling him a wanker etc etc

not cheering the fact tehir own manager was going to be sent to the stands

• Moderators
stanley, you are becoming a bit too pro megson !

using your figures he has inheritied the most established top flight team in our history, so should nt he do better than all the others?

up to a point

but allardyces team had run its course

lee knew decisive action was required but tried to change the personnel AND the system

looking back, i've some sympathy for lee in that its obvious the financial reality was starting to bite, and no doubt caused sam to jump ship

so, we were skint, sam couldn't freshen up the team

lee couldn't do owt

megson started fronm scratch, not with an established team

and that concludes the defence of megson :pardon:

Now, here's a question .

If, after final whistle against Hull, the players come out for a "lap of honour" (and I use the term in it's widest sense), would/should GM take part?

What would be the fans response? What would he be expecting if he did?

Good natured applause I would hope, for the manager of our team.

Apologies if this has been aired before, but I can't be bothered checking.

Now, here's a question .

If, after final whistle against Hull, the players come out for a "lap of honour" (and I use the term in it's widest sense), would/should GM take part?

What would be the fans response? What would he be expecting if he did?

Good natured applause I would hope, for the manager of our team.

Apologies if this has been aired before, but I can't be bothered checking.

We were discussing this at last week's game. I would presume they'll not do one seeing as there's so many disgruntled folk at the match these days. And really, why should the players thank the fans for their support this year.

We were discussing this at last week's game. I would presume they'll not do one seeing as there's so many disgruntled folk at the match these days. And really, why should the players thank the fans for their support this year.

Quite so.

I don't recall them coming out last season either, mind.

But isn't that playing into the hands of these so-called disgruntled folk - gioving them even further excuse to attack Megson and the team.

I believe it should be done to show that the players are there for US and that we should thank THEM for their work this season and that they thank us for our continued support (disgruntled or not) by turning up most weeks (if not every week) during the season to watch them.

How would the disgruntled fans take it is they did do their end-of-season lap?

Quite so.

I don't recall them coming out last season either, mind.

It was a selective lap of honour last season, who can forget Diouf staying on the pitch for ages after the Sunderland win.

We still potentially could have gone down at Chelsea the week after, so a lap of honour was a wee bit questionable. The team did celebrate at Stamford Bridge after the last game, with most of us viewing Jussi's actions as a fond farewell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.