Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Richard Sneekes.......

kent_white

Did anyone hear his comments during his interview at half time in the Fan Zone?

I didn't, but I've just been told by my mate that he was asked how he thought we would get on this season, to which he replied with something along the lines of

'not much while Megson's in charge. I played under him at West Brom and it wasn't an enjoyable experience and I can understand what the fans and the players are going through'

After a brief stunned silence there followed a period of applause......

Can anyone shed any light on this as I've got this information second hand. Ta.

Did anyone hear his comments during his interview at half time in the Fan Zone?

I didn't, but I've just been told by my mate that he was asked how he thought we would get on this season, to which he replied with something along the lines of

'not much while Megson's in charge. I played under him at West Brom and it wasn't an enjoyable experience and I can understand what the fans and the players are going through'

After a brief stunned silence there followed a period of applause......

Can anyone shed any light on this as I've got this information second hand. Ta.

He basically said that he doesn't like Megson's style of play and obviously didn't enjoy working with him at West Brom. He said we 'deserve better'. He got loads of applause for this and Tony Kelly looked very uncomfortable stood next to him. We all appreciated his honesty.

Guest bwfcdan
He basically said that he doesn't like Megson's style of play and obviously didn't enjoy working with him at West Brom. He said we 'deserve better'. He got loads of applause for this and Tony Kelly looked very uncomfortable stood next to him. We all appreciated his honesty.

I thought the look on Tony Kelly's face was quite funny....looked like he had really bad constipation...

• Site Supporter

Sneeks did say that BWFC fans deserve btter than Megson

I was gobsmacked as he was a guest of the club

He obviously has a personal problem with Megson

Clearly, he's not on his own

Are you going to answer whom you want in charge?

well two years ago i would of gone for Steve Bruce....

but obviously the chairman thought that a fella who had a CV that stunk of failure was more appropiate....

but hey....those that know football and all that.... :blink:

Put TonyCee and his ilk in charge, the club can hand out free razorblades at the turnstiles. We lost 1-0 ffs, I for one am not going to judge the entire season on the opening game.

what about the previous season and 3/4 then?

marked improvement?

disjointed performance?

bizarre selections?

as you were centurion.

Put TonyCee and his ilk in charge, the club can hand out free razorblades at the turnstiles. We lost 1-0 ffs, I for one am not going to judge the entire season on the opening game.

No wins in last 12 league games , maybe add that to your judgement.

No wins in last 12 league games , maybe add that to your judgement.

Five new signings, four of which were in the starting line-up playing in the side for the first time so no i'm not going to pass judgement on one game. Last season's games are history and it's where we go from here that matters. JLS should have been in the side instead of Robinson imho. At least with Robinson if he turns out to be shyte, he can be sent back to WBA whereas we are stuck with Ricketts. We won't go down this season but the hard reality is we have a large debt for a club of our size and not a lot of funding to spend in a very inflated transfer market. We need another striker and a creative midfielder and while I'm not happy that Megson was appointed manager the fact is he is the manager of the club I have supported for forty nine years and so until Gartside and the board replace him or things look real grim he has my backing. Whinging and whining like a manic depressive is not going to change things and the players are not going to respond to it in a positive way are they? FFS get behind the team instead of on their backs.

• Site Supporter
Five new signings, four of which were in the starting line-up playing in the side for the first time so no i'm not going to pass judgement on one game. Last season's games are history and it's where we go from here that matters. JLS should have been in the side instead of Robinson imho. At least with Robinson if he turns out to be shyte, he can be sent back to WBA whereas we are stuck with Ricketts. We won't go down this season but the hard reality is we have a large debt for a club of our size and not a lot of funding to spend in a very inflated transfer market. We need another striker and a creative midfielder and while I'm not happy that Megson was appointed manager the fact is he is the manager of the club I have supported for forty nine years and so until Gartside and the board replace him or things look real grim he has my backing. Whinging and whining like a manic depressive is not going to change things and the players are not going to respond to it in a positive way are they? FFS get behind the team instead of on their backs.

Sums everything up for me that.

Thanks Freddie

So much negativity from the stands is creating a club I dont't rtecognise.

Thanks Freddie

So your'e still backing Megson to come good you deluded fool,its all well and good to back all things B.W.F.C ,but come on this is all we can expect from this clown,and I make no apologies for calling him a clown"message to ,mods" We can do so much better without this idiot.

From where I was, there was no negativity just complete apathy to the shit on show, people had given up and were incredulous to how bad in every aspect we really were.

If it continues like this; negativity may be the only positive, as at least it shows some people still care enough to get wound up.

Edited by JimmyRiddle

Thanks Freddie

Spot on - that's what's most depressing I don't think Megson deserves the sack so far he's done what he's been asked but I can't see him having the ability to have sufficient success to ever "turn it round" with the bulk of the crowd and the bulk of the crowd aren't prepared to put up with his brand of football and lack of seeming attachment to the club so we're stuck with this merry go round - changing manager too much doesnt help any club but neither does serious disquiet on the terraces week in week out - Gartside must know the feelings of the majority of fans but he's stuck between a rock and a hard place - he's got a man in that's done what he's beeen asked and has shown he can keep a team up or does he react to the fans and try and get him out and potentially increase the risk of financial meltdown by going down.

This isn't Bolton disease it's the premier league's!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.