Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megsons Comments

Mounts Kipper

Yep, just going by the 'fringe players' comment by Megson - which the ones listed are.

Just guessing mind, it kills a rainy day in Bolton. In truth, I'm more interested in the great Vaz Te disapparance right now!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a second chance after we picked up 4 or 5 games back but he has just blown it. Hes criticised the fans, the players and anybody but himself. He picked any old team sunday and hoped for the best. Do I think another manager could do better with the same players? Yes i do therefore its time he went imo. He did his job keeping us up, now its time he fucked off because he is seriously dragging the club down.

He had a second chance after we picked up 4 or 5 games back but he has just blown it. Hes criticised the fans, the players and anybody but himself.

Best for Megson to say nothing until he gets a decent result. That includes the touchline rigmarole as well.

The problem is that the Chelsea and Villa results destroyed a bit of confidence. Nothing worse than being told that you have slid on a banana skin in front of 20,000.

He's paid big bucks and it's his job to get us shifting and quick.

Megson has lost the plot, never mind the dressing room. He needs to walk and if he won't walk he needs to be pushed.

Criticising the team... fans whoever seems to be his way of trying to deflect the criticism from himself. He is as popular as a turd on a pool table.

• Site Supporter
I'm starting to think the fella is thick as pig shit.

You put out a negative team against the likes of Blackburn and play sh?te you're not going to get the crowd going are you Gary?

Use your fucking loaf son.

negative team?

was it not 442 with 2 wingers and 2 strikers?

if you play 2 wingers, there is no way you gamble with an attacking centre mid (m davies) as well!

• Site Supporter
He had a second chance after we picked up 4 or 5 games back but he has just blown it. Hes criticised the fans, the players and anybody but himself. He picked any old team sunday and hoped for the best. Do I think another manager could do better with the same players? Yes i do therefore its time he went imo. He did his job keeping us up, now its time he fucked off because he is seriously dragging the club down.

dragging the club down is bollocks, if he was then eddie davies not gartside would have got rid long ago. and gartside has said on many occasions that the restructring around the club has been beneficial.

dragging the team down? id possible agree with that as from a fans perspective, results are what matter (and performances apparently).

Edited by HomerJay

You cant class Matt Taylor as a winger playing on the right. Its just plain wrong.

bob on

and we were playing Blackburn not Real Madrid.

That's Blackburn - the one's without an away point all season.

Edited by mickbrown

dragging the club down is bollocks, if he was then eddie davies not gartside would have got rid long ago.

dragging the team down? id possible agree with that as from a fans perspective, results are what matter (and performances apparently).

Dragging the team down is the same as the club imo. If he drags our team down from this league the whole club might bite the dust. He is the cunt who isnt doing his fucking job properly yet he is criticising us :rofl: Then he starts going on about players unrest, what kind of a thick twat airs their dirty laundry in public? The man is numb as a piss stone. He is making us a laughing stock and its time he got the bullet and fast. I was all for giving him a chance but he is seriously taking the piss now.

• Moderators
negative team?

was it not 442 with 2 wingers and 2 strikers?

if you play 2 wingers, there is no way you gamble with an attacking centre mid (m davies) as well!

was it not 2 holding style midfielders??

more to the point

was it not complete guff?

taylor is not a winger, certainly not on the right

gardners best position under megson is centre mid

so tell me what the thinking was, as it don't make sense to me

dragging the club down is bollocks, if he was then eddie davies not gartside would have got rid long ago. and gartside has said on many occasions that the restructring around the club has been beneficial.

Homo, his comments have and regularly drag the club down - I've never, ever heard a set of customers ever treated such as pariahs before...this is down to his relationship with them/us.

Agreed he wasn't given a fair chance when he joined as nobody wanted him, but he's a PR disaster. He could have easily won the majority around.

If I hear another nobjockey that's spent 1 game @ the Reebok this season (or none) describe how we should know our place and we don't deserve to be in the Premiership etc I'll fuck the whole thing off - it's beyond a joke now

• Site Supporter
Dragging the team down is the same as the club imo. If he drags our team down from this league the whole club might bite the dust. He is the cunt who isnt doing his fucking job properly yet he is criticising us :rofl: Then he starts going on about players unrest, what kind of a thick twat airs their dirty laundry in public? The man is numb as a piss stone. He is making us a laughing stock and its time he got the bullet and fast. I was all for giving him a chance but he is seriously taking the piss now.

but now theres a "chance" it wont, because he has bought saleable assets. imo cahill, taylor, muamba, lee, m davies and possibly steinsson would also see a return higher than we paid.

plus we now have a scouting system that relies on actaully scouting for young players rather advice from agents.

• Site Supporter
Homo, his comments have and regularly drag the club down - I've never, ever heard a set of customers ever treated such as pariahs before...this is down to his relationship with them/us.

Agreed he wasn't given a fair chance when he joined as nobody wanted him, but he's a PR disaster. He could have easily won the majority around.

If I hear another nobjockey that's spent 1 game @ the Reebok this season (or none) describe how we should know our place and we don't deserve to be in the Premiership etc I'll fuck the whole thing off - it's beyond a joke now

hmm, yea i'd kinda agree with that.

comparing apples and oranges here, but thats only because of the way he does it, i reckon mourihno would have reacted in the same way, but because he is 'mourihno' his opinion would be respected. plus he would have put it across in a much more favourable manner.

lets face it, the treatment of megson by our fans has been nothing but downright disgracfull, and most before he even opens his mouth.

problem is, he is digging his own grave every time he speaks the daft cunt.

but now theres a "chance" it wont, because he has bought saleable assets. imo cahill, taylor, muamba, lee, m davies and possibly steinsson would also see a return higher than we paid.

plus we now have a scouting system that relies on actaully scouting for young players rather advice from agents.

We sell all them to pay the debts but that wont pay them off fully and as we get relegated a few times because our team is shit we wont be able to pay it off due to having a lot less money coming in and eventually it will catch up with us.

He was treated shit at the start i agree totally and i always give people a chance like i have with Megson. He had an opening 4 or 5 games back to win most of the fans over, a few bad results and he is blaming the fans, the players etc AGAIN. He threw that chance back in our faces, he does not deserve another. Just sack the cunt so we can hear him blame us one last time then we can get on with concentrating on football instead of the manager constantly shooting himself in the foot.

So you are saying we will get more than the ?5m we paid for muamba :rofl: pisses me right off knowing we paid that for that concrete footed fuker.

The only player we would make a profit on is Cahill, and maybe M davis if he ever decided to play him

So you are saying we will get more than the ?5m we paid for muamba :rofl: pisses me right off knowing we paid that for that concrete footed fuker.

The only player we would make a profit on is Cahill, and maybe M davis if he ever decided to play him

have you watched him at all this season?

if so i'd visit the nearest opticians sharpish.

have you watched him at all this season?

if so i'd visit the nearest opticians sharpish.

what you trying to say? that hes played well this season. give it a rest he is shite. ?5m for a player who cant run with the ball without twatting it 10 yards infront of him and losing it

• Site Supporter

see its comments like that, that just make you look very silly. :roll:

Homer I admire your loyalty I really do - christ if you'd have been on the titanic kissing an iceberg I'm sure you'd have come up with something along the lines ofh "nah we'll be ok we'll all get in that life boat no worries" but come on enough is enough the negatives far outway the positives always have for most but it's blindingly obvious this guy has got to got to go the tipping point has long gone and he is dragging the club thru the shit now.

• Site Supporter
Homer I admire your loyalty I really do - christ if you'd have been on the titanic kissing an iceberg I'm sure you'd have come up with something along the lines ofh "nah we'll be ok we'll all get in that life boat no worries" but come on enough is enough the negatives far outway the positives always have for most but it's blindingly obvious this guy has got to got to go the tipping point has long gone and he is dragging the club thru the shit now.

ya have to be positive, life's too fuckin short not to be.

lets face it, the treatment of megson by our fans has been nothing but downright disgracfull, and most before he even opens his mouth.

Perhaps a minority never gave him a chance. But are you seriously suggesting that this is the cause of all the problems?

I have never liked him and did not want him though I have never booed or demonstrated against him. He has had over 2 years at the club, spent a shed load on players and then seems to fall out with them. This happened at his previous clubs. It was well documented and should be a surprise to nobody.

I have never known such a reaction by the fans towards a Bolton manager. He was the wrong man from the start and time has proved it.

The real problem is the mediocre players he will leave the club with are simply not as good as many of the fans think. Just because they are young and british does not mean they have what it takes. For christ sakes buying players that the likes of Hull, Watford, Pompey, Wolves, Villa, Brum etc dont want and paying millions for them is plain stupid! They were never gonna be an improvement over the players they were bought into replace.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.