Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ticket Prices For 2010 Wc

Breightmet Boy

2. Tickets for Knock-Out Matches

Please note you can only obtain tickets for matches that England are playing in. If England are knocked out, you will not be able to get tickets for any other matches in the tournament through englandfans

3. How much will tickets cost?

Ticket prices for matches, set by FIFA in US Dollars, are as follows:

Matches

Cat 1

Cat 2

Cat 3

Wheelchair

Opening Match (1)

$495/?296

$330/?197

$220/?132

$77/?46

Group Matches (2-48)

$176/?105

$132/?79

$88/?53

$22/?13

Round of 16 (49-56)

$220/?132

$165/?99

$110/?66

$55/?33

Quarter Finals (57-60)

$330?197

$220/?132

$165/?99

$83/?50

Semi Finals (61-62)

$660/?395

$440/?263

$275/?165

$110/?66

3/4 Place Match

$330/?197

$220/?132

$165/?99

$83/?50

Final (64)

$990/?592

$660/?395

$440/?263

$165/?99

That is a complete rip off :angry:

I paid ?2200 for a ticket for the 2006 WC final. This included corperate hos' and I I turned up drunk at the tented village at 5pm after an afternoon sess under Brandenburg gate beer gardens with a group of british squaddies who had tripped up for the weekend. i was directed to my table and sat opposite the devil incarnate Alex ferguson, some press and hangers on Eric Cantona and son. I went down a storm in my inebriated state and have a couple of pics somewhere.

So I dont think thats too expensive if England make it TBH. I spent that much as I had swore I'd see a world cup final live before i kicked my clogs....twas only the price of a family holiday in the med and they arranged accomodation in a south berlin suberb for 2 nights and flight from manachester for only and extra ?400.

• Members

I wouldn't go if they offered me the ticket prices in cash as an enticement. They can keep South Africa. The lowest ranked nation ever to be awarded a World Cup. Machete wielding gangs of thieves planning your welcome party. A political decision to award it to them which I still believe will result in some poor fcuker(s) paying a price.

Naah. Keep it.

• Moderators
I wouldn't go if they offered me the ticket prices in cash as an enticement. They can keep South Africa. The lowest ranked nation ever to be awarded a World Cup. Machete wielding gangs of thieves planning your welcome party. A political decision to award it to them which I still believe will result in some poor fcuker(s) paying a price.

Naah. Keep it.

how many years have rankings been in place?

• Members
how many years have rankings been in place?

I assume you know that it's 1992 and the next question will be 'Alreet then so where/how were Uruguay ranked in 1930?'

Look through the pre 1992 list of hosts and tell me they weren't far superior to South Africa in terms of playing prowess. Don't even think you could argue the Swedes in 1958 would have had a lower football rating than RSA especially as Sweden reached the final to be thrashed by Brazil and an emerging Edson Arant?s Do Nascimento.

Unarguable point for mine but I am sure you'll try :D

What were the rankings for USA in 1994 and South Korea/Japan in 2002?

This is a fatuous argument, even for the Australian.

But it could also be argued that was done to try & promote football in the States, Not political but certainly planned for a reason.

I assume you know that it's 1992 and the next question will be 'Alreet then so where/how were Uruguay ranked in 1930?'

Look through the pre 1992 list of hosts and tell me they weren't far superior to South Africa in terms of playing prowess. Don't even think you could argue the Swedes in 1958 would have had a lower football rating than RSA especially as Sweden reached the final to be thrashed by Brazil and an emerging Edson Arant?s Do Nascimento.

Unarguable point for mine but I am sure you'll try :D

What about Switzerland in 1954.

• Members
1) What were the rankings for USA in 1994 and South Korea/Japan in 2002?

2) This is a fatuous argument, even for the Australian.

1) Much higher that South Africas is now (86th). Go and check. USA 23rd; Korea 20th; Japan 22nd.

2) 'Fatuous'? I'd say it was point proven.

Biff - It was pre ranking but Switzerland made their way to the quarter finals. A twenty (or any amount you want to suggest) says South Africa won't.

Should never have been given to them. Dangerous place.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.