Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Support For Elmander

check your stats to see how much breaks down at davies

it might be that nothing does, but come back to me with the info all the same

cheers

Tried to find pass completion etc but had no joy, the only other relevent stats i could find where -

% shots on target-

Klasnic 67%

Elmo 52%

SKD 45%

Mins on pitch / shot -

Klasnic 25mins

Elmo 40 mins

SKD 54 mins

Shots /goal -

Klasnic 1/5.5

Elmo 1/11

SKD 1/14

Throws it back open a bit, looking at these though i would suggest Klasnic is the out and out striker and SKD is the best number 2 for assists etc.

I'm just sick to the back teeth of people saying that Elmander is rubbish because he doesn't score enough goals.

its nowt to do with his not scoring goals, its his shit passing, his fanny footed tackling and his nicey attitude that gets me.

if they awarded goals for being nice he`d be a world beater but they dont and he`s not.

wasn`t overly impressed with that mid week goal really either. it landed straight at him, unmarked. nice enough finish but you wouldn`t find that much room in the prem

• Site Supporter

Thought Elmo worked his tits off yesterday. His confidence his defo' growing and he will start to get the goals. His link up play was excellent. Maybe be beginning to like the lad (not in that way). :blink:

More of the same Tuesday.

Guest bwfcdan

wasn`t overly impressed with that mid week goal really either. it landed straight at him, unmarked. nice enough finish but you wouldn`t find that much room in the prem

Dont be daft, it were a cracking goal. And i also thought he played well yesterday..

whilst I tend to agree, that's a huge decision for coyle.

One that I doubt he'd want to take.

Still think that after West Ham? Do you? Really?

Thankfully Coyle appreciates Davies (even past his 'best'). Some on here don't but who cares. Let's have it right, Davies is still far more important to us surviving this season than Elmander. Next season who knows but for now let's give credit where credit's due.

• Site Supporter

Still think that after West Ham? Do you? Really?

Thankfully Coyle appreciates Davies (even past his 'best'). Some on here don't but who cares. Let's have it right, Davies is still far more important to us surviving this season than Elmander. Next season who knows but for now let's give credit where credit's due.

oh yesterdays performance, no

on last weeks, yes

Edited by HomerJay

TBH his movement workrate are ok. But that miss just on HT sums him up. He has been in this poor run of form longer than any other striker I can remember at the club. ?11 mill or ? 8 mill.... either price was about 8 or 5 mill above what should have been paid. dont forget he was in this type of form at his previous club and that form continued in the world cup in 2006.

Probably our Swedish David Reeves as someone else as ST has already pointed out. i would like him to prove me wrong and bag 8-12 before the end of the season but we all know that we can expect 2-3 at the most.

Edited by Big_Girl_Oral_Explosion

oh yesterdays performance, no

on last weeks, yes

But Davies can still do it for us, even if off form one week and that's why we can't drop him (yet). Unfortunately Elmander is still flattering to deceive and I'm sorry but I see absolutely no evidence that 'he will get goals'.

Never thought I would say this but...

...who gives a shite.

We are playing 4-4-2, even in away games AND the midfield includes an out-and-out winger and another attacking midfield player. I positively feel entertained!

I'll rather stick with that, with the Swedish Stump included, than revert to 4-5-1!

• Site Supporter

Never thought I would say this but...

...who gives a shite.

We are playing 4-4-2, even in away games AND the midfield includes an out-and-out winger and another attacking midfield player. I positively feel entertained!

I'll rather stick with that, with the Swedish Stump included, than revert to 4-5-1!

have we not played 442 with the same players pretty much all season?

have we not played 442 with the same players pretty much all season?

This is not an anti-Megson post BUT 4-4-2 under Megson had a far less 4-4-2 look to it compared to Coyle's. How long during a typical game under Megson, did we actually retain 2 forwards up top?

• Site Supporter

This is not an anti-Megson post BUT 4-4-2 under Megson had a far less 4-4-2 look to it compared to Coyle's. How long during a typical game under Megson, did we actually retain 2 forwards up top?

hmm, see what you saying.

i think the formation was the same, but i think more defensive duties where expected of players.

saying that, we are defensivly better under coyle. but maybe thats down to better coaching ideas?

the biggest arguement which we kinda have (and this is megson bashing) is coyle is getting more from players than megson could.

and i for one didnt think coyle would be capable of that.

Guest Frandsen08

hmm, see what you saying.

i think the formation was the same, but i think more defensive duties where expected of players.

saying that, we are defensivly better under coyle. but maybe thats down to better coaching ideas?

the biggest arguement which we kinda have (and this is megson bashing) is coyle is getting more from players than megson could.

and i for one didnt think coyle would be capable of that.

i agree with the first part. why didnt you think OC would be able to?

May be wrong but did Megson not start home game against Sunderland 4-4-2 with McCann on right wing FFS!!

May be wrong but did Megson not start home game against Sunderland 4-4-2 with McCann on right wing FFS!!

Don't know what your saying Jimmy.

Don't McCann and Lee offer the same attacking threat?

Guest Frandsen08

?1 on elmo 2-0 tonight 88-1

thats support for elmander, go on johan my son i know you can do it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.