Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reet, Building For Next Season.

Pablo

Steven Davis from Rangers , quality midfielder .

Kenny Miller as forward squad player.

Scott brown from selik .

Jamie o'hara spurs

Miller hardly ripped up trees last time he played proper football.

Davis was part of the shocking Norn Iron based Flum side was he not?

OK he was a decent enough player for Villa but I've never been overly impressed.

Agree on Brown and O'Hara though, that said i'd sign just the one of them to play alongside Muamba with Holden, Davis and M.Davies as cover i don't think we need two centre mids.

Miller hardly ripped up trees last time he played proper football.

Davis was part of the shocking Norn Iron based Flum side was he not?

OK he was a decent enough player for Villa but I've never been overly impressed.

Agree on Brown and O'Hara though, that said i'd sign just the one of them to play alongside Muamba with Holden, Davis and M.Davies as cover i don't think we need two centre mids.

Agree on miller , but as cover more potent than elmander.

System will decide players , 4.5.1 allows us more options than 442 unless we sign 2 strikers .

Lee , davies , muamba , wilshere , Taylor . Decent 5 man mid

Agree on miller , but as cover more potent than elmander.

System will decide players , 4.5.1 allows us more options than 442 unless we sign 2 strikers .

Lee , davies , muamba , wilshere , Taylor . Decent 5 man mid

If we get Wilshere again next season we defiately won't be signing 2 more CM's

OC has made it clear his prefered way of playing is 442.

after yesterday i wouldn't be surprised to davo and klasnic partnered up top til the end of the season.

If the price is right i'd like to see us keep klasnic. it's likely Nugent or Fletcher will be here next season too.

Guest Frandsen08

for free and on a pay as you play deal yes.

He's knees are beyond fooked though

i dunno if a free would be possible, i reckon he has a few years left on his contract

O hara - yes

s davis - no

miller - no

i dont think the centre mid option we'll have are that bad - muamba, holden, davis, davies and wilshire if we can get for another season.

A forward who can hit the back of the net is the main priority (then full backs for me)

i dunno if a free would be possible, i reckon he has a few years left on his contract

If Hull go down, they might just be glad o get his ?50K per week off the books so it's feasible he could be sold for a minimal amount, even possibly free. I reckon he'll end up trading Hull for one of the promoted teams though

What will dictate us bringing in players are the ones that will leave, Riga, Mcann, Knight, Shittu, Sean Davies and Elmander. Hopefully get Wilshire in on loan again then defenders are a must.

Why are Knight and Davis leaving?

Knight has been vastly improved in the past few months.

Davis is exactly the kind of player needed alongside Muamba.

Just don't think Sean Davies is any good, if we play him and Muamba then its quite defensive looks like we would be playing 5 in midfield and we can all say that when we play 4-4-2 we look far better, hopefully if we get Wilshire back then he can play alongside Muamba because when he's been playing there he's our creativity, gets things going for us and gets forward whenever he can and is far better than Sean Davies, as for knight can't understand what people see in him, gets beaten in the air all the time, constantly ball watching not checking to see if his man has pulled away and can't pick out a pass to save his life, i wouldn't have any problems seeing him as a replacement but we need to be stronger at the back and get in someone who can partner Cahill.

• Site Supporter

Just don't think Sean Davies is any good, if we play him and Muamba then its quite defensive looks like we would be playing 5 in midfield and we can all say that when we play 4-4-2 we look far better, hopefully if we get Wilshire back then he can play alongside Muamba because when he's been playing there he's our creativity, gets things going for us and gets forward whenever he can and is far better than Sean Davies, as for knight can't understand what people see in him, gets beaten in the air all the time, constantly ball watching not checking to see if his man has pulled away and can't pick out a pass to save his life, i wouldn't have any problems seeing him as a replacement but we need to be stronger at the back and get in someone who can partner Cahill.

football is all about opinions.

yours is wrong.

Guest Frandsen08

dont agree with your opinion on knight or sean davis.

davis is a decent player,who was unfortunate to pick up an injury and miss all the season, but we could of done with him all season.

knight has had some shakey games, but ever since OC has come in particularly when cahill was out he has had some really good games, really stepped up to the plate when Cahill was out and put in some comfortable perfomances.

Davis' strength is his calmness on the ball and ability to link up play.

He's not a defensive machine like Muamba nor is he an attacking creative player like Wilshere.

How often this season have we needed someone to put their foot on the ball and keep things simple.

with Davis in the side we wouldn't have to resort to humping the ball up to SKD's head or the full back's launching it down the wing for chungy/Wilshere to run after every time we gain possesion.

What will dictate us bringing in players are the ones that will leave, Riga, Mcann, Knight, Shittu, Sean Davies and Elmander. Hopefully get Wilshire in on loan again then defenders are a must.

Knight ?!?!?! and davies ?!?!?!? Surely not

I like O'Hara a lot and think we'd have half a chance of getting him.

Sigurdsson at Reading caught the eye during the cup run, too.

Sigursson looks good and only 19/20 year old . Would be a coyle type of player , young with a touch of pace

Vaz Te has already had his testimonial, benefit or whatever. He has been highly paid for the last three years for doing fuck all. It would be interesting to know how many minutes he has been on the pitch in a Bolton shirt in the last three seasons including the reserves.

Hear f*cking hear. We need to give up on Vaz Te - it's been debated time and again but it isn't going to happen, however hard it's wished for.

It's the hope that kills you, people...let the hope go...

Guest Frandsen08

Hear f*cking hear. We need to give up on Vaz Te - it's been debated time and again but it isn't going to happen, however hard it's wished for.

It's the hope that kills you, people...let the hope go...

its gone from most mate, i wonder how many years left he's got on his contract?

make available ricketts,o;brien x 2 , robinson , vaz te , elmander , possibly cohen .

priority targets - 2 full backs and a centre forward.

hope we can get wilshere for another season to go alongside muamba,m.davies,s.davis,holden,lee,taylor,gardner. methinks there is a decent midfield selection there .

Guest bwfcdan

Kenny bloody Miller? I thought we'd decided we we're staying up??? I wouldnt mind O'hara. It would be great if we could keep Wilshire for another season. We need another striker, i cant see Klasnic being here next season. Question is, who do we get...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.