Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Should I Vote For

• Moderators

When you go into the voting booth today keep this in mind - as a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people!

and as a younger man, he lived through power cuts, 3 day weeks, bins not getting collected :) bodies queued up waiting for burial, the country mortgaged to the hilt and thought 'fcuk me, i couldn't ever vote for labour'

Yes, because if it wasn't for the three day week, the power cuts, the bodies queueing up and the country's mortgage, Cameron's Eton, Bullingdon, vast family

wealth background would have have ensured he'd drift quite naturally towards Labour :D

• Moderators

Yes, because if it wasn't for the three day week, the power cuts, the bodies queueing up and the country's mortgage, Cameron's Eton, Bullingdon, vast family

wealth background would have have ensured he'd drift quite naturally towards Labour :D

:)

like that st helens lad, woodward?

I fully expect that nobhead to cross the floor again if Cameron wins outright. He could even carry on seamlessly with the

Northern Ireland Secretary job and not even know anything had changed. What also wouldn't change is his colossal level of total

irrelevance to people here and on the mainland.

Not sure it matters - the 2 Bolton seats are no longer marginals - Tories to win both with 4 figure majorities. Funny to think the TV coverage focussed on them to begin with, how times have changed.

I fully expect that nobhead to cross the floor again if Cameron wins outright. He could even carry on seamlessly with the

Northern Ireland Secretary job and not even know anything had changed. What also wouldn't change is his colossal level of total

irrelevance to people here and on the mainland.

Woodwood would be about as welcome as a bucket of cold sick.

Total and utter cunt.

Owen Patterson will do a fine job in NI.

• Moderators

Not sure it matters - the 2 Bolton seats are no longer marginals - Tories to win both with 4 figure majorities. Funny to think the TV coverage focussed on them to begin with, how times have changed.

so what's the thinking at central office

overall majority?

I envy my mother as she only lives a mile away yet she can vote for an honest local politician who actually gives a shiny shite what his constituents want/need.

I have got the choice of 3 bints I know nothing of as they've not even bothered to canvas properly. 2 aren't local and one's a union type.

It's just a shame I know I have to vote.

From what i've seen doing postal opening's Yasmin Quareshi has done quite well admittedly i've not been keeping a count and the ones i open only count for a small percentage but i don't think the tories are as clear ahead as you think.

I've done 3, 3hr sessions opened about 800-1000 postal votes (both Local and General) and only seen 1 Green party vote, poor fuckers.

Have you seen their manifesto? I reckon that one vote was either the candidate, her mum or someone who marked their paper incorrectly.

Is it that bad?

They're not standing in my ward so i didn't take a look.

Shows how shocking the lefties are at getting their ideas across, there's gotta be some of em out there upset with labour that they can coerce into voting greens. Could they not get some publicity by scrapping with some foresters or oil workers?

It actually has a specific manifesto section for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender & intersex sort of folk. I kid thee not!

She's not wrong

LGBTI issues

We would:

Amend the Equalities Bill/Act to provide explicit protection against harassment of LGBTI people.

Require all police forces to have equality and diversity liaison officers whose remit is to tackle, and take preventive action on, crimes against LGBTI people, people from ethnic minorities (including refugees and asylum seekers) and disabled people.

Legally target incitement of hatred on the grounds of gender identity and amend the Equality Bill/Act to provide explicit protection against harassment of LGBTI people.

Open up civil marriages and civil partnerships, without discrimination, to both same-sex and opposite-sex couples.

End the blanket, lifetime ban on gay and bisexual blood donors.

Campaign for homophobic, transphobic and racist crimes, and crimes against disabled people, including people with learning difficulties, to be dealt with effectively and on a par with racist crimes.

Ensure legal parity for parents and those wishing to become parents regardless of sexual orientation, and equality of provision of maternity services; lobby for widely available, affordable state-funded creches.

Push for the rewriting of the Mental Health Act to remove trans people from the Psychiatric Disorder Register.

Campaign against any reduction in the AIDS/HIV budget and target health promotion work to prevent sexually transmitted infections.

Ensure safe haven and refugee status for LGBTI people fleeing persecution in line with other social groups according to the Geneva Convention.

Refuse visas and work permits to ?murder music? singers and others who incite homophobic and transphobic violence.

Oppose all opt-outs from equality and antidiscrimination laws by religious organisations and remove special treatment allowing faith schools to promote homophobia on the grounds of religion.

Provide comprehensive training for teachers and educational staff on all diversity and inclusion issues; schools to promote equal opportunities in their anti-bullying procedures; equality issues to be monitored in teaching recruitment.

Support the human rights struggles of LGBTI movements in oppressive states such as Jamaica, Iran, Uganda, Malawi, Iraq, Nigeria, Zimbabwe and Russia.

• Moderators

From what i've seen doing postal opening's Yasmin Quareshi has done quite well admittedly i've not been keeping a count and the ones i open only count for a small percentage but i don't think the tories are as clear ahead as you think.

I've done 3, 3hr sessions opened about 800-1000 postal votes (both Local and General) and only seen 1 Green party vote, poor fuckers.

i can feel an 'i'm not racist but' moment coming on

but, postal (and proxy) votes have oft been said to be abued by a section of the community unlikely to vote tory

but, postal (and proxy) votes have oft been said to be abued by a section of the community unlikely to vote tory

It's a cultural thing apparently.

Indded. BUT the Labour candidate for that area of Bolton where it just might happen, have an Asian woman. There may be some heavy hearts when helping them fill their wife's postal vote.

• Site Supporter

Just been down to vote, for the fist time in my memory, I had to queue for about 20 mins to get in, the fella there said its been busier than he's ever known it,now, I wonder was this high turn out isolated to Breightmet,a sign that more are voting because they've had enough and want change, or has the TV debate thing captured more peoples interest due to the "X factor" society?

• Site Supporter

Just been down to vote, for the fist time in my memory, I had to queue for about 20 mins to get in, the fella there said its been busier than he's ever known it,now, I wonder was this high turn out isolated to Breightmet,a sign that more are voting because they've had enough and want change, or has the TV debate thing captured more peoples interest due to the "X factor" society?

deffo, but at least a percentage of the population are now making an more 'educated' vote...

• Site Supporter

No majority, Labour and Lib Dems to suck each other off to keep out the Tories and we are royally fucked as a country because people thought Clegg looked good on TV... :blink:

I would actually have 'New Labour' stay in for another term rather than a hung parliment, at least then they will have to try and get us out of the shite rather than blame someone else for doing it wrong!

At least those blinkered idiots who vote for Labour regardless might see what a complete fuckup their policies have made over the last decade because lets be honest, whoever is in charge next isn't going to be popular because there has to be major changes and huge spending cuts that will not be popular but are very much neccessary to stop us following Greece into the mire.

because people thought Clegg looked good on TV...

Not really, the exit poll reckons the Lib Dems will be about 30 seats short of projections following the first debate. The Tories have only themselves to blame for being totally feeble opposition when in front of them is the worst PM in generations ruling over the toughest times in decades.

The irony is that if a Lib/Lab coalition takes place it is in no small due to to the country's crazy voting system. It's most amusing that the Conservatives won't even consider altering it and yet here it is about to fuck them up the arse! :yahoo:

This is excellent for those of us who can't stand the Conservative Party because of

A) Everything they do

B) Everything they say

C) They way they sound

D) The way they look

• Site Supporter

I know what you are saying about the Lib Dems Maggie but before the first debate who really gave a shiny shite about them? Sure they have lost 30 since the first debate but I bet they are up overall.

Personally, I don't give a rats arse how they sound, look, speak or fuck - if they are the best of a bad bunch at getting us out the the shite then who cares if they are more geeky, floppy haired or spiffy than the other lot?

Oh and our voting system should have been changed years ago, democracy is a fucking farce in this little country of ours!

I'm yet to work out why a hung parliment is such a bad thing?

If the MP actually had to come to agreements on things rather than just voting for it because their in the ruling party and against it because they're not.

It hasn't harmed Germany any.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.