Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston North End

Always has been, Crystal Palace seem to have gone bust at least once a decade since I have followed football.

I think Trevor can afford it, he could buy our Eddie out 10 times over.

• Site Supporter

very mch so buT whether he wants to continue to bankroll a business that obviously can not pay it's own way, is another matter.

Talking of Cardiff, the Independent this morning :-

"The Bluebirds could wipe out total debts of around ?15m and clear the ?1.9m owed in outstanding taxes .....

Those red figures in the books have been the consequence of outgoing chairman Peter Ridsdale's determination to press ahead with Cardiff's new ?50m stadium, build state-of-the-art training facilities and maintain a squad capable of ending a 48-year exile from the top-flight."

So a near bankrupt Cardiff have spent all that money and are still only ?17m in debt ?

Am I missing something ? Is Ridsdale a financial wizard ? Is it sloppy journalism ?

Also in the Independent this morning :-

"David Beckham will travel to South Africa next month with the England squad as a fully-fledged member of Fabio Capello's World Cup coaching staff .....

Beckham is not believed to have any coaching qualifications and has never expressed an interest in moving into management ....."

Why not just take him as ambassador and cheerleader ?

What's happening to football in this country ?

Talking of Cardiff, the Independent this morning :-

"The Bluebirds could wipe out total debts of around ?15m and clear the ?1.9m owed in outstanding taxes .....

Those red figures in the books have been the consequence of outgoing chairman Peter Ridsdale's determination to press ahead with Cardiff's new ?50m stadium, build state-of-the-art training facilities and maintain a squad capable of ending a 48-year exile from the top-flight."

So a near bankrupt Cardiff have spent all that money and are still only ?17m in debt ?

Am I missing something ? Is Ridsdale a financial wizard ? Is it sloppy journalism ?

Neither!

Risdale has got a Malaysian pumping money into the club. It's explained a bit more here -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8653322.stm

Edited by Sluffy

Guest Biff

I'm sure Trevor Hemmings has that ability. However he is more interested in Horse Racing than Football. Hemmings also owns Chorley FC. He used to give ?25k each season to both Chorley and Lancs Lynx RL team who played at Chorley. Without any warning he withdrew the money to the RL team with the result that they moved to Blackpool. Then two years later he did the same with the football team. He is just waiting for Chorley FC to go out of business then he can build houses on Victory Park.

I was looking at the Sunday Times rich list a year or two ago and it said Trevor Hemmings had a share in both PNE and Charlton, I thought it was against the rules to have a stake in 2 league teams but apparently not. He got hammered with the credit crunch though, he was the largest private shareholder in RBS when they dropped through the floor. Even still he has enough lose change nocking about to keep the wolves from the door.

I'm sure Trevor Hemmings has that ability. However he is more interested in Horse Racing than Football. Hemmings also owns Chorley FC. He used to give ?25k each season to both Chorley and Lancs Lynx RL team who played at Chorley. Without any warning he withdrew the money to the RL team with the result that they moved to Blackpool. Then two years later he did the same with the football team. He is just waiting for Chorley FC to go out of business then he can build houses on Victory Park.

That sort of thing has happened (is happening) all over the country.

I don't understand why local councils can't put some sort of sports covenant or whatever on facilities like football grounds to prevent anyone buying them for building on.

very mch so buT whether he wants to continue to bankroll a business that obviously can not pay it's own way, is another matter.

Is Eddie Davies bankrolling us or just servicing our ever increasing debt? Our bubble could be popped tomorrow.

• Moderators

Is Eddie Davies bankrolling us or just servicing our ever increasing debt? Our bubble could be popped tomorrow.

Our debt is all to him according to Garty. He could pull the plug but the biggest loser would be himself.

football

fcuked up

fact

Lets put it this way, how many teams laughed at our plight in the mid 80's when we sold off half the enbankment to survive.

these days, we seem to be on the up and up, and those who laughed at our plight in them dark days are now on a dark slide themselves.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.