Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Burka

The majority of folk who are religious cherry pick the bits that suit them. Always have done. Obviously your zealots will be word for word, but the rest? Nah. Eg, Catholics and contraception.

So - if we're down to it just being a daft outfit, they why the fuss? Same as big floppy hats and flip flop combos.

I wouldn't say I make a fuss, but yes, there seem to be many who do. Strangely they're men too, well not strangely, but I see this as a woman's issue rather than a mans, probably because I am a woman. I'm no feminist, but when you see what some women go through in primative countries, I do wonder why a British born woman would want to wear one.

• Site Supporter

she always wore the hijab then when she decided to get married, she started to wear the niqab...but removed it at work cos she thought it would hinder her chances of advancement

oh aye, and a stronger woman i'm yet to meet

So she picked and chose her lifestyle for how it suited her? Rather than powerful I'd call that fickle.

Got to say I find myself agreeing with NB on this one. Strength of character would have meant her saying to her bosses that despite the clothing she opts to wear, if she's promtion material then promote her. If not, ah well. Don't, however, dismiss her promotional prospects on the grounds that she wears a viel.

• Site Supporter

Sorry, she's probably damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. That also applies in the public sector.

By compromises/conforming, surely she's picking and choosing when her beliefs take precedence over what she actually feels comfortable in? and this works both ways; she's also picking and choosing when her work comes before her beliefs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1296152/Syria-bans-burka-niqab-universities.html

Syria is not a Muslim country. An official at the ministry says the ban affects public and private universities and aims to protect the country's secular identity.

Are we still classed as a Christian country?

Maggie needs to table his anti-religion act.

• Members

Exactafuckinmundo.

How many bank robbers will think - "it says here I can't wear a helmet in there - fuck - that's my devious plan foiled straight off, I'll get back to my crocheting instead". Same thing.

Christ - for supposed men of the world, there's some naive feckers on here.

Give it a rest Michael FFS. Naivet?? I'll bet you thought it ended with a 'y'.

Alf - I can understand mickbrowns position due to circumstances. What's your angle - just being a contrary fcuker?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.