Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Burka

It doesn't say anywhere in the Koran they must wear that regalia so who decided they should wear them, I know not.

I believe the use of it is provocative and to gain a reaction. I also think size 18 girls who wear next ot fuck all on a night out look cunts too.

as security issue ie banks,shops etc,they should have to adhire to the same rules anyone else has to,you couldnt really go in abby national with a blaclave on.

but as for walking around the street,couldnt give a shite,there people walking round in worse items of clothing.

I'm in broad agreement with Smiffers. It sickens me that some Islamic women wear it and to be quite honest it makes no difference whether they choose to do so or if their chauvanist cunt husband or father forces them to, both scenarios are equally foul.

But, it's not for me to make demands of people who view things differently to myself. That is why anti religionists will always have the moral high ground over believers. They wish to affect our how we live our lives, be it what we eat, what we can and cannot say or publish, who we fuck, whether or not we wear a nodder to fuck them, whether or not we can marry them if we wish to, whether or not we can divorce them afterwards if it doesn't work out, whether or not we can choose as responsible adults to abort a foetus if an unwanted preganacy occurs, whether or not we can ask that our life to be brought to an end in desperate health related straits, whether or not we can sup ale or gamble or shop on a Sunday, or eat meat on a Friday, or watch a play or film which is critical of religion. So, in the interests of not surrendering the moral high ground to these pricks, my view is that the burka is offensive, but I do not have the right to tell someone not to wear it.

• Site Supporter

I don't really see how anyone can be offended by 'em or be 'made to feel sick' as someone said.

Each to their own and all that.

I can see the point of security issues though, and for that reason I can see them being phased out by muslims.

But it'll take as long as it's taken football to (be on the point of) introducing goal line technology.

I don't really see how anyone can be offended by 'em or be 'made to feel sick' as someone said.

Each to their own and all that.

I can see the point of security issues though, and for that reason I can see them being phased out by muslims.

But it'll take as long as it's taken football to (be on the point of) introducing goal line technology.

i was in a pub in blackpool and couldnt beleive what i was hearing when at the bar an old fella with a flat cap on,was asked to remove his cap as it was company rules that said no head wear could be worn in the bar for cctv reasons.

is there any actuall law that prevents shopkeepers and the like asking muslim women to remove their burkha?

• Site Supporter

i was in a pub in blackpool and couldnt beleive what i was hearing when at the bar an old fella with a flat cap on,was asked to remove his cap as it was company rules that said no head wear could be worn in the bar for cctv reasons.

is there any actuall law that prevents shopkeepers and the like asking muslim women to remove their burkha?

no,but people have rights, the problem is, that if this was a burka/bank incident it would end up in an appeal court and every paper in the country.

the owd bloke in the cap would probably just think, fuck it, I'll go somewhere else.

• Site Supporter

They were brought to, or born in our country, and therefore were more than happy to live in a Christian Anglo Saxon community. I find the cheek of the Muslims wearing these things offending and down right rude mad.gif

That's either a shit fishing trip or a very stupid post

Why is it a stupid post, i find it offensive seeing these being worn in my country and always will do

good.gif

I reckon if it was put to a public vote at least 80% would agree with you too,its 2010 and shit like that belongs in the stone age,

also they are a security threat,some terroist scum who is wanted by the Old Bill could walk onto a train and blow the fcuker up while wearing

that rag around there boat.They have no place in Modern day Britainnea.gif

Edited by M G WHITES

[/b]

good.gif

I reckon if it was put to a public vote at least 80% would agree with you too,its 2010 and shit like that belongs in the stone age,

also they are a security threat,some terroist scum who is wanted by the Old Bill could walk onto a train and blow the fcuker up while wearing

that rag around there boat.They have no place in Modern day Britainnea.gif

A Five News and You Gov poll yesterday put the figure at 67% overall with 71% in the North of England and Wales supporting a ban.

My only concern is if they are worn to conceal someone's identity in which case it's a one off all off policy. Also why is it always the 'newly converted' that get so uptight about it.

Guest Frandsen08

cant say it bothers my day to day life , but i can see why people consider it rude.

i'll try not to tar people with the same brush, but i have more of a problem with muslim men young and old who the ones i have come across to be extremely rude and bad mannered.

im sure not every muslim man is the same but its certainly the general feeling i get.

I'm in broad agreement with Smiffers. It sickens me that some Islamic women wear it and to be quite honest it makes no difference whether they choose to do so or if their chauvanist cunt husband or father forces them to, both scenarios are equally foul.

But, it's not for me to make demands of people who view things differently to myself. That is why anti religionists will always have the moral high ground over believers. They wish to affect our how we live our lives, be it what we eat, what we can and cannot say or publish, who we fuck, whether or not we wear a nodder to fuck them, whether or not we can marry them if we wish to, whether or not we can divorce them afterwards if it doesn't work out, whether or not we can choose as responsible adults to abort a foetus if an unwanted preganacy occurs, whether or not we can ask that our life to be brought to an end in desperate health related straits, whether or not we can sup ale or gamble or shop on a Sunday, or eat meat on a Friday, or watch a play or film which is critical of religion. So, in the interests of not surrendering the moral high ground to these pricks, my view is that the burka is offensive, but I do not have the right to tell someone not to wear it.

I don't disagree with you regarding relegion, but I do think that to become part of society there are certain limits, rules and regulations put in place by the state for the perceived good of everyone, i.e. yes we have free speech, but you cannot abuse people etc. I think we are just getting to the thin end of the wedge of peoples tolerance of 'multi-culturalism' and the Burkha is a symbol of everything that is opposite to the values of the British way of life.

So yes I believe people can be told, within reason, what not to wear, what not to say & what not to do if you want to live in this country, just like most of us do everyday to be a citizen in the UK.

And if you, I or them don't like it then none of us have to stay...

• Site Supporter

Why is it a stupid post, i find it offensive seeing these being worn in my country and always will do

I think it's a stupid post, because it's worded as if this country belongs to one particular race.

As regards the burka, as I said before, not overly keen on it, but it doesn't offend me.

I don't know enough about this issue to comment

Has nt stopped many others.

lets be honest if it was nt the burka people would find another reason to object to how 'them lot' dress/act/walk/sleep/shop/talk/eat etc etc etc.

I would be interested to know what say Packistan Airways opinion is of people wanting to board a plane wearing one.

I think it's a stupid post, because it's worded as if this country belongs to one particular race.

As regards the burka, as I said before, not overly keen on it, but it doesn't offend me.

I never said it belongs to one particular race, i said they were happy to come and live here. Thats a big diffrence

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.